Fatfighter is now a very proud mummy

OMG good on you for complaining, I'd have been beyond furious! My notes have got in that I'm of African descent which always seems to confuse people when they see I'm actually white British - that was clearly a genuine mistake though rather than an assumption (obviously, it'd be a bit of a leap :D)
As for the woman in Asda I'd have (accidentally ;)) rammed the trolley into the back of her ankles. Some people! :mad:
MW this morning actually went well, I was there for 1.5 hours :eek: but it's all good :) My referral to the new hospital has gone through OK, bambino wriggling away and I'm measuring 32cm (I'm 31 weeks tomorrow so it's fine) got all my forms signed, and my TED stockings and a sharps bin that they forgot to give me at the hospital(!!) And I've lost a KG this week so yay me! :happy036:

All my MW appointments so far have been short and sweet, think she must have had cramp today from filling in all my paperwork LMAO.
Are the clothes for you or your little lady? When they're reduced by that much you can spoil both of ya's ;) I have been an ebay addict just lately, my friend even commented that all my facebook statuses were about stuff I've won LMAO.

The beauty of CD is you have a good excuse to buy new clothes pretty much constantly ;) I was shrinking a dress size a month (you have a lot less to lose than I did though so it won't be quite as quick for you) which annoyed my DH and probably the bank manager lol but I loved it!

hey hon. so glad you got things sorted :D

can i ask what on earth a pain free gap is? or whatever you called it?

have just realised that i haven't rung up to make another acupuncture appointment... doh!! she didn't have the diary and told me to ring to make an appointment but i was so ill yesterday and haven't felt great today and totally forgot. and now they are shut... oops. chances of ringing on monday and getting an early appointment i'm guessing are slim to none!! ha.

abz xx

The pain free gap is how far apart you can open your knees, you should know it for delivering baby. Can't remember how they measured it last time as it was 8 years ago, but if I get it done before any of you I'll let you know. I do know that a good way of ensuring your delivering midwife is aware is by cutting a piece of ribbon or something like it and taking it to hospital with you and explaining what it is to her. Its also really important your OH knows the width of your pain free gap too, as if you push your legs past this (ie under epidural) then you could do more damage to your pelvis.

Lol Kirsty I can't wait til I don't have to wear maternity togs anymore!
Your physio should have measured your pain free gab Abi, you lie on your back and open your legs and the "pain free gap" is how wide your knee's go. Apparently they only need 6" to be able to deliver baby vaginally....
Good idea with the ribbon mini ;) I was very shocked at losing a KG coz my bump feels heavier than ever! It's funny, I'd never considered a bump to be heavy before but it's nothing like having a fat tummy haha.
I'm off to spoil my adorable nephews for a few days now, I'm very excited coz I haven't seen them for ages!

hmm. that's interesting. but i don't think i'll have much of a problem with that bit. at least not yet. if i seperate my legs for long periods of time it hurts, and if i do it suddenly it hurts, but on the main that isn't what causes the majority of my pain? i will be seeing her again this week and intend to ask her about positions to give birth in etc. we have only had one session so far so i'm sure all of this is yet to come.

abz xx

Kirsty perhaps you should get some cheapy black pants in your size or you'll walk up the stairs and they'll fall down - take it from someone who learned that the hard way *blush*
i had a lovely few days with my family, feeling a bit happier now too. My nephews are coming up two and are such cheeky chappies. Tyler was so clingy to me but wimble made him cry - he fell asleep on my knee and she gave a big kick which woke him up! He looked at me as though I'd done it and I had to try very hard not to laugh, poor little thing!
Got my first consultant appointment at the new hospital on Tuesday, I'm a bit nervous which is daft. Having a scan before I see the docs though so it'll be nice to see my lil lady again :)
Really hoping the weather stays nice over the weekend but it's not forecast to :( It's just been so lovely sitting outside rather than staring at the same 4 walls all the time!

Hopefully this hospital visit will be much nicer than the episode at the other hospital.

Know what you mean about the weather too, really hope it doesn't take the cold spell we've been warned about, I'm liking the sunshine.

It's been great to venture into the garden and sit outside for once in open space, so I totally know where you're coming from on the good weather front, but as typical British Weather is, as soon as you start getting used to it, rain gets forecast and you're stuck indoors again. Oh well, we've had a good few days here, so can't complain.

Hope your scan and consultation goes well hun :D xx

Thanks girlies :) and well done Kirsty! :happy036:
The appointment was fab :D The scan was really good, sonographer was training a MW how to do it so was explaining everything as she went along which was great, she's (yes I made them check her bits AGAIN just to make sure lol) weighing about 4lbs 12ozs and is currently breech (she was starting to engage the other day, little monkey!) Every time the poor MW tried to check the placental blood flow wimble moved, she's so naughty already lol.
The clinic appointment went soooo well, I definitely made the right decision transferring my care :character00100: I'm under the consultant I'd hoped for (spent lots of time with her as a student nurse and she's lovely) but seen one of her registrars today who was great. He has discontinued my clexane :bliss: as there is no such protocol in this trust but coz of my reduced mobility would prefer me to carry on with the TED stockings which I'm quite happy to compromise on lol.
He's said if baby is still breech we'll discuss my options at 36 weeks (natural birth, ECV or section) I said no outright to the ECV and he laughed and said fair enough.
He's referred me to the physio through there just to ensure that everything that can be done as regards the SPD is being done, he's happy for me to continue with up to 60MG codeine TDS and has said if wimble turns back cephalic then they'll definitely consider inducing me earlier than 40 weeks coz of it :wee:
It was such a novelty to ask questions and actually have them answered, I'm just so impressed! :)
When we'd done at the hospital my DH took me for lunch (I'm still stuffed, it was so nice I ate loads lol. It's a bit of a novelty not having heartburn after a meal, specially coz I ate all my main and a pudding when normally I can't even finish the main coz wimbles taking up all the room in there lol) and this afternoon we got home and see my HIP grant has gone into the bank so it's been a lovely day in all :D
I'm hurting lots now though so going to lie on the bed and watch all the things I've recorded on Sky+ :giggle:

I'm 33 weeks today, due date is 49 days fro now and wimble will be here before then! How scary/exciting!
She still hasn't shifted head down and seemingly likes to use my cervix as a football, OMG that hurts a LOT!
Seeing a new physio on Wednesday, don't suppose there's much more they can do but it's always worth asking. I think from what has already been said that it'll be a wheelchair and I'm not too chuffed at that prospect really :(
Wimbles once nice neat room currently looks like a bomb has hit it coz it's become a dumping ground for stuff that needs putting into the loft which won't happen til DH's next day off a week on Monday! Still it means I an buy more baby bits and sneak them in there without him noticing LMAO ;)

It was a bit of a joke! I got there and it was for a class :confused: but the physio came over to me before she started and said that as I had the crutches and belt already the class wouldn't benefit me (she was like "why are you here?" :rolleyes:) but when I said the registrar wanted me to be seen in that trust after transferring hospitals she asked me to wait for another physio and went off to do the class......
Nearly an hour later the other physio came strolling in (I knew her from working on the wards) and took me off to do an assessment...
Gave me another belt (I now have 3, all different) a slide sheet, a spinny thing to put on the car seat so I don't twist to climb out and offered me a commode (DHs face was a picture when she told him he's have to empty it. He probably wasn't as horrified as me at the prospect of peeing in my dining room though! Needless to say I'll be carrying on struggling with the stairs!:p) She can't sort out an occupational therapist to come out as I don't live local to the hospital but was going to "liase" with my obstetrician and see if they can do anything else for me.
Oh, she's booking me in for hydrotherapy too but did say that she expects the baby to be here before that happens :rolleyes:
So yeah, waste of my time TBH.
Hope the next 5 weeks go quickly! :sigh:

My little princess is not going to be so little :eek: at a scan we had last week (34+3) she weighed 6lbs 1oz!!
She's engaging too so my poor pelvis is agony :cry:
This time next week will have our induction date though and hopefully she'll be here in less than 20 days! :)

I know what you are going through with your SPD :sigh:, Hope your appt for your induction date goes well, hopefully they will take you in as soon as you hit 38 wks, esp if she is a good size ;)

Hey FF, have they said the earliest they will induce you at. My hospital has said they try to hold off inductions to 39 weeks as babies born through artificial induction at 38 weeks are more likely to have breathing difficulties. Although they have said they are willing to discuss the 38 weeks induction with me.

hey hon. i really feel for you. today i haven't been able to get down the stairs so i'm stuck in my bedroom and using my crutches to get to the loo!! the baby is resting on my pelvis too and it hurts like hell doesn't it?

hope you feel better soon hon.

abz xx

Back