father trying to be helpful but is he!!!????

hi guys, new to slimming world, my dads trying to be helpful by mkaing me a curry and a soup but i dont have the heart to say i need to check everything, wondering if u guys can help?!?!?!
:confused:
in the soup i think it is just chopped veg and lentils,but i dont know what else is going in yet, am i right in thinking that stocks etc are free?!?!:sigh:

the curry is chicken breast and he is using Pataks mild curry paste... is this okay?!?!?!
HELP PLEASE!!!
xx

I know how u feel as my parents are like that! Stock is free, as long as it's cooked in frylight it should be free but pataks curry pastes are about 2/3 syns per tablespoon depending on the flavour.

I just ask my dad not to use them in his soups anymore and he knows now to just use curry powder instead when I'm coming over.

how about printing off the basic free food list and sticking it to the fridge. That way your dad can still cook for you, but will know exactly what is free :) and him being a chef means he will probably come up with some yummy SW friendly recipes for you too.

all was ok, soup only had sweet potato, swede carrot and onion wuth veg stock. all free im assuming ??
x

Yes hun thats all free, but thats assuming your dad didnt saute the veg first in oil - in which case it wouldnt be free - I only say this as this is how my dad makes soup sometimes especially with onions in - I do myself tbh, but with frylight just warning you that there might be a hidden syn or two in there.

Wish someone would make me more soup - i had the last of my superspeed soup today and cba making any more for tomorrow! can I borrow your dad?? x

he just boiled it all! no oil involved! bonus!!! :) i have discussed with him the merits of frylight lol and told him its the way forwards! :)
what is the superspeed soup like?! thinking might have a go at making it some point this week!?
haha i will see if i can hire him out as a SW chef! lol
:) xx

he just boiled it all! no oil involved! bonus!!! :) i have discussed with him the merits of frylight lol and told him its the way forwards! :)
what is the superspeed soup like?! thinking might have a go at making it some point this week!?
haha i will see if i can hire him out as a SW chef! lol
:) xx

Hmmm I wasnt a great fan at first, I dont like home made tomatoey soups, so I was dubious - BUT saying that it really isnt soo bad - there gets a point where I cant physically eat any more out of the bowl but its very filling and full of good stuff! Its lasted me a few days and even hubby and kids have had some x

Back