fatty2fabulous: slim1day

slim1day

Silver Member
Ok; started solo slim this morning.:D

Bit of history:
April 2010 - 15st 7lbs (heaviest ever been):cry:Joined local Rosemary Conley club, lost 1st stone within a month but took 6 months to lose 2nd one.:wave_cry: Left as disappointed with loses. Weight crept back up.
April 2011 - 14st 11lbs RC club had closed so joined slimming world; only lost 11lbs in 3 months.:( Too much "free food".
Late July - 13st 12.5lbs Exante - stuck to it about 80% of the time and managed to lose 21.75lbs in 5 weeks:D, but missed food so had a week off dieting and the weight piled back on! Gained over half a stone back in a week.:eek:
Knew I had a meal out arranged for last night so decided that would start my solo slim boxes today.
Weigh in 12st 12.5lbs.Going to make Saturday official weigh in day as have more time to weigh, measure and record results:). So only 3 days until weigh in this week.
Day 1: Gone ok so far; carrot n corriander soup for lunch, apple mid afternoon, chicken hotpot with a pile of mixed veg for dinner, saving my bar for later when munches kick in. Using skimmed milk so can have loads of mugs of tea.

Last edited:
What did you think of the soup? And we had the same dinner! I've started doing a mix of normal food and solo slim + obviously sticking to the rules. Will see how I get on - Saturday is my weigh in too even though my class is on Tuesday (started solo slim on my own 2 wks ago this Saturday). Good luck!!

Soup was ok, different to what I was expecting, used to Tesco fresh carton of carrot and corriander, it was a bit on the thin side.
Had the tomato soup today, I was expecting it to be good as twice the cals of the carrot/corriander but thought it tasted just like tin of chopped tomatoes that had been reduced down to mush.:(
Now working my way through punnet of strawberries, only 112 cals the lot.:D
Going to go lucky dip into the box for dinner tonight.:rolleyes:

I didn't like the carrot and coriander one much. My favourite is spicy beef and tomato - it's chunky with a kick! Hope you enjoyed your strawberries :)

Had lamb hotpot for dinner with mixed veg; enjoyed it.
Day 2 nearly complete and am quite enjoying just dipping into the boxes for main meals, takes the temptation away as everything is already calorie counted and healthy.

Day 3
Had mushroom soup for lunch - eventually; put it in microwave for first 1.5 mins but before it was done got interupted and had to talk to parent and student for nearly an hour; so then got back to re-heating the soup. It was nice; sort of had texture about it that it had meat in it, I know it didn't so it just must of been a type of mushroom that gave the course texture.
Had beef meatballs & potatoes for dinner, again pile of mixed veg with it:- quite tomatoee, but not bad.
Weigh in day tomorrow, hope to have made quite a dent in 7.75lbs I put on last week/ten days. Deliberatly have avoided the pasta meals these last few days as I know I have a problem with bread (bloated, weight gain, lethargic) and am not sure if it extends to wheat as well.

Weigh in day!
Have lost the 7.75lbs in 3 days that I gained over 10 days of eating whatever.:happy096:
So back on track and with that great initial start to Solo Slim I hope it inspires me to continue and stick to it. :fingerscrossed:
Might order another 28 box within the next week because then I know if I've paid out for it I'll damn well use it, instead of thinking that I can make wise food choices myself.
I know my downfall is mainly portion size, just face it I'm a pig and eat more than I need; this has been proved these last few days on Solo Slim, small portions yet haven't been hungry, just need to retrain my brain.:psiholog:

Day 4 Solo Slim
It's going well, good choice of meals not found anything don't like apart from opening the sachets when hot, prefer to heat them in saucepan but if at work has to be microwave, tend to struggle to tear last bit off, also very hot, might be better if i took some scissors with me.
Very pleased with my results so far, I know the big weight loss was just down to my system clearing out the junk from previous week. Definatly have a problem with bread, so have to try and avoid it as much as possible.
Hoping to lose 3lbs this week. Busy week ahead getting youngest 2 packed up for Uni, then next weekend taking one on Saturday and other on Sunday, going to have to take something to eat both days as won't be ble to use Solo Slim. Possibly take chicken salad?

Feeling bloated this morning,and weight up by 0.5lb since yesterday, only thing I had different yesterday was one of the nutrition bars and the pasta bolognaise meal, so it could be a reaction to the wheat?
Going to avoid wheat today again and see what happens on the scales tomorrow and if I still feel bloated.

I felt very bloated all my second week. Felt a bit better today x

That's not good, hope I don't feel like that, today was bad enough and good job its a Sunday and not at work sitting all day.

Back on track, lost 4.25lbs this week. Didn't weigh in last week as had such a lousy week that i picked and ate whatever, was controlled during day but the evening just went to pot.:sigh:
Anyway have still lost 12lbs over 3 weeks so very pleased with that. :D
Been sticking with the Solo Slim meals, most i've tried are either nice or ok. The carbonara was just too mean a portion and i found the thai curry a bit spicy, don't do spice but have had thai curry before and was very mild, did only buy 1 to try so just won't buy that one again.

That's great!! 2.5 for me this week so 13lbs in 4 wks x

Hi Jen
Well done nearly a stone.
Are you still using Solo Slim or are you doing your own thing?

I'm doing a mix. I use the meals on the days I'm at work, so 3 days a week. I'm starting to run low so will probably just use normal food some here on in. I'm still losing so happy enough to do that. I'll probably use the WW or Tesco low fat meals for my work days x

Back