Favourite Bands/Artists

Favourite band - Tool.
Others: Cult of Luna, Agalloch, Moonsorrow, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Ensiferum, American Headcharge ... to name a few.

I love Tool, ive never tired of their albums, think they're massively underrated..

I love Tool, ive never tired of their albums, think they're massively underrated..

I agree, it's partly due to their own desire to stay out of the public eye though. Their music speaks to me no matter what mood I'm in and somehow I'm never tired of any of their songs either. :) They have a special something. ^^ Though their live shows somewhat suck imo.

Favourite band - Tool.
Others: Cult of Luna, Agalloch, Moonsorrow, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Ensiferum, American Headcharge ... to name a few.

And theres me thinking with a name like Minerva you would have said you like Deftones.

Love american headcharge one of my fav bands and awesome live

And theres me thinking with a name like Minerva you would have said you like Deftones.

Love american headcharge one of my fav bands and awesome live

You are right, the name is from Minerva the song. I used to be a huge Deftones fan, but then the album 'Deftones' came out (with the very song on it) and I went off them... Old Deftones definitely still rock though!

I saw American Headcharge live at the Astoria back in 2004/2005 - they're absolutely amazing... better than any other band I've seen so far.

My regret is that I just don't go to as many gigs anymore, no one to go with that likes the same stuff. :(

Oh, I forgot Opeth from my list. :) They're really good live!

I agree, it's partly due to their own desire to stay out of the public eye though. Their music speaks to me no matter what mood I'm in and somehow I'm never tired of any of their songs either. :) They have a special something. ^^ Though their live shows somewhat suck imo.

I don't necessarily mean popularity, but stylistically and musically I cant think of many bands who manage to tie their sound and aesthetics so well. I dont meet that many Tool fans and it surprises me, I always think they have an atmosphere that would captivate. Havent seen much of their live stuff, I can see how it'd be hard to translate to stage..

On the other end of the spectrum, we saw Rob Zombie live - which as disposable as his music may or may not be - that man knows how to put on a show. Who doesn't want 50ft B-movie monsters?

Have either of you heard the new Deftones record?

Well, in all honesty - since the time I started to listen to Tool... I always felt like they were telling me something so profound and I was privileged with that knowledge. Musically and lyrically they use every angle they can and as a band they keep evolving. I just wish they'd put out a new album! On stage, Maynard acts as a bit of a douche. Let me explain - I saw A Perfect Circle support Deftones in 2004, throughout the whole gig Maynard was singing with his back to the audience. It was fine though, it sort of worked. At a Tool gig in 2006 or so, he hung out at the back of the stage, talking to the drummer in between tracks - so, it left me a little disappointed.

As per Deftones - listening to it now - the Spotify gods were kind to provide! I believe someone told me it's a little bit more like White Pony than their newer stuff, I've yet to listen to the whole thing.

If you like the prog thing - try Cult of Luna. They do growl instead of conventionally singing, but their music is so inviting and complex to the ear.

Try "I, the Weapon" Cult Of Luna - "I,The Weapon" - YouTube

And something quieter with a lot of build up: "Dark city, dead man" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxoroLqkDfk

The new Deftones record is a grower, theres a couple tracks that sort of slice your belly open, but I think the rest of it blends real well together and it works as one if those sort of mood albums. I dont think they're a timeless sort of sound but they always seem to have the odd tracks here and there that blow you away.

I see what you mean about him being a bit of a dick with the stage show thing. There's been a couple frontmen who just wind up being vaguely disappointing. I think Bauhaus and The Cramps were two of the best bands ive seen live just for sheer stage presence, and Einsturzende Neubauten at 4am at Butlins in Minehead - very odd!

I'll check the links out, thanks- you heard of Oxbow? Not a lot of people's bag but they've got this really claustrophobic but beautiful sound, check out 'the narcotic story'

Fave bands.....flaming lips, green day, Linkin park, also partial to a bit of Keane to chillax to
Fave females lana del ray, rihanna dependent on my mood
Fave males....usher, olly murs cos he's catchy and more recently James Arthur think he's gonna be mega. xx

I can listen to almost anything if I'm being honest usually the older stuff though, but my all-time favourite band is Metallica.

Also like Lynyrd Skynyard, Led Zepplin, The Kinks, ACDC, R.E.M, Bob Marley, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin

Love some Japanese bands, as well as MC Chris, Tenacious D, Lonely Island. Also really enjoy russian classical composers.

Hey everyone :)

I listen to most styles of music but here are my favourite bands:

- Alter Bridge
- Daughtry
- 30 Seconds To Mars
- Green Day

While I'm walking or exercising I listen to the radio too. My favourite song out at the moment is Blurred Lines. :)

Fave bands are Nirvana, Metallica, The Specials & The Beatles =) Fave artist at the moment though would be P!nk <3

Super junior, Tokio hotel, of monsters and men, Bastille I have a variety of musical taste

I'm a bit of a goth at heart but like a bit of electro and the odd kiddy songs my little one likes :)

Back