Favourite Childhood Memory?

Delli

Talks too much
Ok, im at work and im really bored and the forum is very quiet and if i dont distract myself im gonna eat! So heres a new topic to get people chatting, whats everyones favourite childhood memory??

To get us started i will describe one of my favourite memories.

When i made my first Holy Communion at the age of 7, my mum insisted that i was going to have curly hair for the occasion. Up until that point my hair had been poker straight and was cut into a (at the time) fashionable bob! A set of curlers were produced from somewhere which i had to sleep in overnight with a pair of old tights on my head to hold them in and hey presto, i had curly hair!! i thought i was gorgeous, in my little white dress and curly hair! my mum and dad also gave me a pink watch to mark the occassion which i remember staring at during the service, i felt like the bees knees! it was a gorgeous day in early may and my whole family went for a meal after and then to the local theme park. :D

I know its not that exciting, but boy did i feel special!! :p

Hi,

Great memory, it reminded of the time when I was going to a Christmas party for the children of employees at Ansells (where my Dad worked) They were always great parties as being a brewery, they were held in the function room of a pub and pop and crisps were in abundance.
Mum put 'pin curls' in my hair. When they were taken out just before we had to leave I went hysterical, I did not like the curls and refused point blank to leave until my hair had been washed and it was back to it's usual straightness. Never wanted curls or had a perm since.:D

Back