Favourite Childhood Memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Delli, 17 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Delli

Delli Talks too much

Ok, im at work and im really bored and the forum is very quiet and if i dont distract myself im gonna eat! So heres a new topic to get people chatting, whats everyones favourite childhood memory??

To get us started i will describe one of my favourite memories.

When i made my first Holy Communion at the age of 7, my mum insisted that i was going to have curly hair for the occasion. Up until that point my hair had been poker straight and was cut into a (at the time) fashionable bob! A set of curlers were produced from somewhere which i had to sleep in overnight with a pair of old tights on my head to hold them in and hey presto, i had curly hair!! i thought i was gorgeous, in my little white dress and curly hair! my mum and dad also gave me a pink watch to mark the occassion which i remember staring at during the service, i felt like the bees knees! it was a gorgeous day in early may and my whole family went for a meal after and then to the local theme park. :D

I know its not that exciting, but boy did i feel special!! :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hollycat

hollycat To infinity and beyond!

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(32.07%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi,

Great memory, it reminded of the time when I was going to a Christmas party for the children of employees at Ansells (where my Dad worked) They were always great parties as being a brewery, they were held in the function room of a pub and pop and crisps were in abundance.
    Mum put 'pin curls' in my hair. When they were taken out just before we had to leave I went hysterical, I did not like the curls and refused point blank to leave until my hair had been washed and it was back to it's usual straightness. Never wanted curls or had a perm since.:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.