Step 1 Sole Source Favourite products...

sczoo90

Evening all,

Thought I'd start this thread to help people try new products and flavours through their weight loss journey (inc me!!)

So here's what I have tried and my verdict, feel free to comment and recommend :)

Tetras:
Chocolate (yummy)
Strawberry (VILE)

Soups:
Chicken and mushroom - yum
Chilli soup - not bad
Vegetable - lovely

Porridges:
Apple and cinnamon - nice and sweet :)
Maple - sweeeeet and filing

Bars:
Peanut one - lovely and very very very nice with a brew
Choc and mint - didn't like this one, the "chocolate" tasted very strange and not nice

So there's mine.. Who's next I'll be watching

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmmm...

Tetras: Chocolate chocolate chocolate and only chocolate! The banana one I think has a really odd taste to it and I am not a strawberry fan full stop.

Shakes: I pretty much only drink the banana, choc mint and cappuccino ones, all of which I love. Can tolerate almost all of them, but prefer these 3. Do like the choc shake too, but prefer the choc tetra.

Soups: You can keep these. All of them. Bleurgh.

Porridge: Love them all and have one a day at work :)

Bars: Love the malt toffee - tastes a bit like a fudge bar imo. Also now love the lemon yoghurt - might even be my new favourite!!!! Not overly keen on the other bars particularly.

So there you go! I definitely have a sweet tooth!

Hmmm...

Tetras: Chocolate chocolate chocolate and only chocolate! The banana one I think has a really odd taste to it and I am not a strawberry fan full stop.

Shakes: I pretty much only drink the banana, choc mint and cappuccino ones, all of which I love. Can tolerate almost all of them, but prefer these 3. Do like the choc shake too, but prefer the choc tetra.

Soups: You can keep these. All of them. Bleurgh.

Porridge: Love them all and have one a day at work :)

Bars: Love the malt toffee - tastes a bit like a fudge bar imo. Also now love the lemon yoghurt - might even be my new favourite!!!! Not overly keen on the other bars particularly.

So there you go! I definitely have a sweet tooth!

Thanks Hun for this...
I didn't even know they did cappuccino shake! OMG *ordering these*
I've heard good reviews in the lemon yoghurt bar not allowed these yet as only allowed the 3 lower carb ones which are ; peanut/cranberry and mint choc

Your like me I have a sweet tooth 2 waiting for the day they do kitkat tetra omg wish that was true lol well I can always dream :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cappuccino is lovely...BUT I always add a spoonful of coffee to it and then it is DIVINE!

It a shame there is no way for our consultants to have a product testing night as I ended up visiting her house half way threw my first week as I hated half the packs on trying them...

The soups and porridges I can't stomach. The only things I do like are they chocolate pack, mint chocolate pack and fruits of the Forrest (amazing with ice cold water) love the mint choc bar and lemon yoghurt however only let myself have 1 bar every now and then. The coconut shake was nice but that was only a limited edition. I think they now have a mango shake...imagine that in the summer with ice and water YUUUUUM but I've not tried it yet. I am going into week 13 tomorrow and have had to move up to step 2 for a week....so scared lol

Cappuccino shake - blend with ice and it gives the Starbucks frappocino a run for its money mmmm

Mint choc - yum yum yum

Toffee walnut shake - quite walnutty in a coffee cake sort of way (minus the coffee) - yes, maybe I've lost the plot!

Fruits of forest shake- like a fruits of forest yogurt flavour

Vanilla shake - had to force it down!

Strawberry shake - didn't appeal enough to re-order, smells like nesquik but quickly disappoints!

Cookies and cream - yuk, so powdery!

Coconut - really disappointing for a coconut lover!

Veg soup, Oriental chilli soup - yum

Mushroom soup - a bit too sickly

Spicy Tom- meh, didn't like on first day but might re-try

Chicken and mushroom - again a bit sickly

Leek and potato - smells like pickled onion and repeats like pickled onion monster munch!

Maple and pecan porridge - not bad

Apple and cinnamon porridge - nice - reminds me Of apple pop-tarts!

Strawberry tetra - bleughhhh!

Choc tetra - so so, would have again

My current top 3 favs are:
Cappuccino shake
Min choc chip shake
Apple cinnamon porridge

Hi there,
This is my first post on here, but I have been reading everyone else's posts and have been really inspired by some of your stories. I'm on day 3 of SS and am finding it OK, had a few wobbles on the first day but apart from that all seems to be going well.

I have a really savoury tooth and so have been trying lots of the soups. I like the taste of them, but wondered if anyone had any tips to get rid of the powdery texture. At the moment I'm using a mini whisk (like you use to froth up cappucinos!) to mix my shakes and soup, it works fine on the shakes but the soups are still a bit powdery. I don't have a liquidizer available (having kitchen redone so everything is packed away).

Thanks for all your help.

Kathy

Choc tetra, lovely - Banana tetra, Ok(ish) - Strawberry Tetra, not bad - Mint Choc shake, Lovely - Cappuchino shake, lovely - Butterscotch shake, not for me its way too sweet - Toffee and walnut shake, yuck!! - Cookies and cream shake, yum yum! tastes like digestives (IMO lol) - Coconut shake, bleurgh - All the soups and porridges I can not stomach atall, I find them absolutely discusting

Well so far i have tried:
Maple&pecan porridge : Yuck :jelous:
Tomato soup: soso, taking most of them back for a swap, will have one again ina few weeks
Oriental chilli soup: quite enjoyable :)
Chocolate shake: yum just like a yazoo
Strawberry shake: yum again like a yazoo
Banana shake: yum once again like a yazoo
Fruits of the forest: soso, will get again in a few weeks
Vanilla: very enjoyable :)
toffee and walnut: once again enjoyable
May i add all of which are very filling!!!
xx

My favourite that I tend to stick to are Chocolate and Vanilla shakes, Tomato and Chilli Soups and I like all the bars I have tried, I am looking forward to trying the lemon one my consultant is ordering in some as he has not got any! I also love the water flavouring and use a lot of this! I also love the mix a moouse which I have most nights as a chocolate moouse I think this really fills me up!

Hi there,
This is my first post on here, but I have been reading everyone else's posts and have been really inspired by some of your stories. I'm on day 3 of SS and am finding it OK, had a few wobbles on the first day but apart from that all seems to be going well.

I have a really savoury tooth and so have been trying lots of the soups. I like the taste of them, but wondered if anyone had any tips to get rid of the powdery texture. At the moment I'm using a mini whisk (like you use to froth up cappucinos!) to mix my shakes and soup, it works fine on the shakes but the soups are still a bit powdery. I don't have a liquidizer available (having kitchen redone so everything is packed away).

Thanks for all your help.

Kathy

Kathy,
Mix the soups into a paste with a small amount of water then a little more and slowly pour and stir. If you make the paste first you should be fine

Back