Favourite Syn Free Drinks

Lucky7

Lucky7
My fave at the moment is Dr Thunder (from Asda in their Zero range). Just wish it could come in cans as well as 2L bottles.

Also very keen on the Saisbury's own cans of sugar free cream soda (only about £1.40) for 6 cans. Brilliant to fight sweet cravings in the staffroom.

Obviously, it's no replacement for healthy, weight-loss promoting water, but I do find a Friday or Saturday night in without alcoholic tipples is much improved by a nice syn-free drink. Any other interesting ones to try??

PS - Am really hoping this is in the right section as is for ideas as opposed to syn values as such.

I drink coke zero... I actually now prefer it to the full fat coke! I hate diet coke so I couldn't drink that one, however i also like to drink fresh fruit juice mixed with soda water... thats a good one too :) x

I am a Pepsi Max lover myself, but like the idea of sugar free cream soda......I feel a trip to Sainsbury's coming on :)

Opened a bottle of Princess Gate lemon & lime flavoured bubbly spring water this afternoon, and it was deliciously syn free

You have to be careful with some of the flavoured spring water drinks - they can catch you out with syns sometimes!!

sometimes I make my own lemonade here - we have little lemony/limey citrus fruits - juice of 1 + 1 tsp splenda - top up with soda water and ice cubes
very refreshing

lilt, dr pepper or fanta (all zero's) they all taste exactly the same as the full fat version
oh and im a little bit addicted to nas ribena

I am loving Diet Cherry Coke at the mo, have a couple of bottles in my cupboard when I fancy a real sweet kick, yummy ice cold :D

lilt, dr pepper or fanta (all zero's) they all taste exactly the same as the full fat version
oh and im a little bit addicted to nas ribena

I wish I thought they all tasted the same - I love orange fanta, but fanta Zero just doesnt taste the same at all to me. Lilt Zero is okay though. Dr Pepper doesnt do it for me at all, even the normal version.

I've been a full fat Coca-Cola/Pepsi girl for years, but have slowly adjust to the Coke Zero/Pepsi Max versions - I find them better than the standard diet versions for some reason. Has anyone ever figured out what exactly is different - I thought it might have been different sweeteners (Aspartme/Sucrose) but I've checked ingredients and they are both the same - I think its just the quantities that are different as the ingredients come in a different order when you look at a coke zero vs a diet coke bottle.

Aldi's version of diet coke isnt too bad either and only 39p for a 2L bottle

The only difference i know is that in Coke Zero, there is more caffeein..
but there must be a difference because i was on cambridge diet a few years back and coke zero wouldnt knock you off ketosis but normal diet coke would.
I prefer the zero ranges.. i was tottally against artificial sweeteners for years as they were discovered by mistake whilst finding a cure for stomache ulcers.. weird ey!

I'm loving vimto sugar free at the moment... I used to have it as a child and I'd forgotten all about it! It comes in very handy when trying to drink your two litres of water a day!

but there must be a difference because i was on cambridge diet a few years back and coke zero wouldnt knock you off ketosis but normal diet coke would.
I prefer the zero ranges.. i was tottally against artificial sweeteners for years as they were discovered by mistake whilst finding a cure for stomache ulcers.. weird ey!
diet coke has citric acid which is what kicked us out of ketosis, coke zero hasn't x

Its the citrus acid thats different hun. :) The reason why Coke zero can be used in liquid diets is due to no citrus acid which takes some people out of ketosits .

Me too, just wish they would sell Coke Zero, or any other 'zero' drink on draught in pubs etc, can't stand Diet Coke, definately agree it tastes of sweetner.

Back