Feb starters thread

I am due to start tomorrow. I picked up all my diet packs last night. It just happens that I am starting on the first day of lent which is a nice coincidence!
I am really excited, I can't wait to get started but I am having a bit of a panic today about what to have as my last supper. Everything seems like a good idea! I can't wait until the decisions about food are gone!

I'm really not sure how forums work in general, I am learning so much this week!
Hi, me and my daughter Jess (Mrs Lampard) felt exactly like you do, last Monday was our start day and I am loathe to admit but the day before we stuffed Sunday roast (pork), cake, toffee pavlova, the works. It probably took us a bit longer to get in ketosis but we figured we would treat ourselves to a last blow out lol.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. x

No one has posted here for two days whitch makes me sad I don't know why So I'm posting so the thread doesn't get lonely Crazylilblonde well done for a 3.2lb loss. I get a bit sad when I see a little loss and I'm sure at tomorrows weigh in it's going to be a small one but just think a loss is a loss better down then up and your that much closer to your goal. I was a bit down yesterday as I was sat in the nurses office and peaked at my records the last time I was weighed there was when I was 18 and weighed 10st 4lb!!! still overweight for my height but a lot lighter then I am at the moment Oh well in a few months I will be lighter then that. The nurse said my blood pressure was low as well and said it was because of cambridge? but it can't be to bad as she didn't tell me to stop. Anyway it's my 4th weeks weigh in tomorrow so I will have official done a month 100% SS. And I plan to take some photos after each month to put in my album so that myself and others can see the progress. So till tomorrow my lovelys xxx

Thought I would check how everyone else is getting on. I have been on CD for 2 days now and although I am finding the cravings difficult I have not been hungry at all and I have not had any of the side effects I was expecting........ yet. Added to this I am already in ketosis so I know I am now officially on my way which is great!
Sinead

Thats great Sinead I wish you the best of luck on CD I'm sure you will do great and look forward to seeing your losses xxxx

Had my first WI last night and had lost 7lbs. Not as much as I was expecting as my scales at home gave me a lighter weight but hey I still lost something. Does this kind of weightloss remain constant or will it slow down? Would upping my exercise help the weightloss?

Thanks for any help with the answers x

Had my first WI last night and had lost 7lbs. Not as much as I was expecting as my scales at home gave me a lighter weight but hey I still lost something. Does this kind of weightloss remain constant or will it slow down? Would upping my exercise help the weightloss?

Thanks for any help with the answers x

Well done for starting CD and getting through the first week. Most people lose more in their first week, but it really is different for everyone. I lost 12lb in my first and then 6lb on each of the following weeks. The only way to know is to keep positive, stick to the diet 100% and see how it goes.

It is important not to up your exercise at the moment. Maybe after a couple of weeks you can start to increase it bit by bit, but don't make any sudden changes to your fitness programme. If you increase too much too soon your body will naturally start to store fat and your weight loss will slow right down.

Crazylilblonde well done for a 3.2lb loss. I get a bit sad when I see a little loss and I'm sure at tomorrows weigh in it's going to be a small one but just think a loss is a loss better down then up and your that much closer to your goal.

Thanks hun, I guess because now Im under stone till I get to a BMI 25 that i will get slow losses. Though I have completely stalled this week, which Im hoping is because of TOM and that I will be back on track next week. Id be happy to lose 3.5 every week as this still means Is be loosing a stone a month!!

It was hard today, we have this big exec and every week he brings in croissants for all the staff. Like 100 croissants - and they are the size of my thigh I swear! I was good and resisted though :)

It was hard today, we have this big exec and every week he brings in croissants for all the staff. Like 100 croissants - and they are the size of my thigh I swear! I was good and resisted though :)

Well done on resisting. It must have been murder sitting there while everyone else was munching them. :patback:

Well done on resisting. It must have been murder sitting there while everyone else was munching them. :patback:

Im kind of getting used to it... work is full of treats - everytime its someones birthday there is 3 massive cakes and lots of snacks, and we are always getting sent chocolates and muffins and brownies from companies we work with. I never knew I had such willpower before!

Mat

Thanks for coming back to me. And well any excuse not to exercise is good by me. lol.

crazylilblondie.

Sorry to her about the croissants at work. Well done for resisting though. I think I'm OK at the moment for not giving in to temptation, usually hits me week 3 or 4 of a diet but when you can have the tetra as hot chocolate, I don't really feel like i'm missing anything. Chocolate and Coffee have always been a downfall and i'm allowed both on SS. :p

As long as i don't put on I'll be happy am just a very impatient person and want to get to target as quick as possible so I can start the maintenance. :sigh:

Well 7lbs down fingers crossed I can match it next week. :D

Welcome Angelmouse xxxx
Well guys and dolls It was my fourth week weigh in today and yesterday I predicted I would have at little loss but jumped on the scales today and have stayed the same lol. I'm not disappointed and I'm not screaming for joy either but I am happy afterall I have lost 19lb in a month whitch is amazing and well over a stone. Hopefully next week I will be able to report a loss and finally lose those pesky 2lbs that are keeping me over 12st and will finally be in the 11's woo hoo week 5 here I go xxxx

PS. Have been brave and posted an album with some pics of me 1 month into cd I hope to do this every month so that I and others can see the difference xxxx

Last edited:
Hi all :)

Just thought I'd let you know me and my mum (Chelsea Lou) both started CD 9 days ago - had first WI last night and both lost 7lbs!!!

We're really happy and CD is well and truly the best thing I've done so far!

good luck and well done to everyone xxx

Thats fantastic well done to both of you - keep it up and u will be slim in no time
LOL

Hello my lovely Febuary starters I had my week five weigh in today and have lost 4lbs woo hoo only 40lbs more to go untill I reach my goal hope you are all doing well aswell xxxx

Hi, I've started on the 15th Feb (after Valentine's), I've a total of 4 stones to lose, after nearly 3 weeks I'm down 12, it's nice to know that other people are going through what I'm going through... food withdrawal simptoms...

Hi Food lover glad to see your doing so well!!! Soon being on CD becomes such a routine you wont miss food to much. Although you will proberbly start having wet food dreams and waking up thinking you have cheated lol xxx

Back