Feb starters thread

You have practically achieved your first goal in just 1 week. That is really encouraging.

Good luck for wednesday....I shall keep my fingers and toes crossed for you :) I struggled with the amount of water too......I started off by drinking out of a 1.5l bottle of water....figuring that I needed to drink 2 of those a day.....now I use a 750ml evian bottle and drink at least four.....it is smaller, draws less attention and is squeezy with a nozzle so I can squirt the water in my mouth...less hassle than lifting a big bottle and pouring!!!

Having read that back....I have decided that I have officially passed the point of sanity today....I'm off to my hotel room....I could have whatever I wanted from room service on expenses......and here I am having a chicken and mushroom soup with water....I must be nuts!!...still will all be worth it in the end :)

Good night all!

Quick query Fraggle, how do you make up your soups/shakes in a hotel, do you take your blender etc with you?

I stay away quite a lot on business and am facing this dilemma.....

Lizzylocket I've bought a hand blender for the office and for work. A bit over the top I guess, but I don't want any excuses for falling off the wagon. Got a reasonably priced one in JL and will take the office one with me when I have to travel overnight etc. My CDC told me that just using the shaker doesn't give you great results so I just took the plunge. Hope this is helpful.

Good luck for wednesday....I shall keep my fingers and toes crossed for you :) I struggled with the amount of water too......I started off by drinking out of a 1.5l bottle of water....figuring that I needed to drink 2 of those a day.....now I use a 750ml evian bottle and drink at least four.....it is smaller, draws less attention and is squeezy with a nozzle so I can squirt the water in my mouth...less hassle than lifting a big bottle and pouring!!!

Having read that back....I have decided that I have officially passed the point of sanity today....I'm off to my hotel room....I could have whatever I wanted from room service on expenses......and here I am having a chicken and mushroom soup with water....I must be nuts!!...still will all be worth it in the end :)

Good night all!

I admire your will power. As tempting as it might be, it would be a real shame to ruin such a great week. I can only hope I can do anywhere near that on my first week, I'd be extremely happy indeed. :worthy:

Mat we are all here to give each other support. If someone as greedy as me could stick to it so far, you will. I have had quite a horrendous week for a number of reasons, and normally I would reach for the chocolate and buscuits although I have a wheat allergy. But each time I felt tempted I told my self that reaching for the food would not solve my problems, but instead focussed on how great and stronger I would feel once I had reached a healthy weight.

Mat no problem I think miss mellow has already done that.

Mat we are all here to give each other support. If someone as greedy as me could stick to it so far, you will. I have had quite a horrendous week for a number of reasons, and normally I would reach for the chocolate and buscuits although I have a wheat allergy. But each time I felt tempted I told my self that reaching for the food would not solve my problems, but instead focussed on how great and stronger I would feel once I had reached a healthy weight.

Thank you frantastic. I feel I will do much better with the diet knowing that there are a growing number of us all willing to help each other. :)

Lizzylocket I've bought a hand blender for the office and for work. A bit over the top I guess, but I don't want any excuses for falling off the wagon. Got a reasonably priced one in JL and will take the office one with me when I have to travel overnight etc. My CDC told me that just using the shaker doesn't give you great results so I just took the plunge. Hope this is helpful.

I think I'll have to invest in another blender then, not prepared to cave in because of work!!

Hi all!
Hope you've all had good days? I met my CDC today and bought a weeks supply so ready to start tomorrow. I know I shouldn't have but having a curry and ice cream tonight... Just can't bring myself to stop eating for a while without having one last nice evening meal. Though am sure I'll pay for it in headaches over the next few days!
Has everyone else started?

Hanky x

Hi all!
Hope you've all had good days? I met my CDC today and bought a weeks supply so ready to start tomorrow. I know I shouldn't have but having a curry and ice cream tonight... Just can't bring myself to stop eating for a while without having one last nice evening meal. Though am sure I'll pay for it in headaches over the next few days!

Hanky x

i haven't yet. Hopefully will in the next week or so. You're just right, a curry sounds lovely lol xx

Hi all!

Hanky x

If it makes you feel better, I did the same on Friday night before starting on Saturday!

One recommendation though, try and start increasing your water intake, should help the food go through quicker and stop you feeling so hungry when you start!

Good luck, tomorrow will be great!!

I also had a 'last meal' Hanky, I could not be motivated without it! Could be why I felt a bit pooey yesterday, but I am hoping after the next few days I'll feel better :) good luck

Quick query Fraggle, how do you make up your soups/shakes in a hotel, do you take your blender etc with you?

I stay away quite a lot on business and am facing this dilemma.....

I have the kenwood smoothie to go blender...it's about £15 to 19 but is fantastic......you basically screw a blade attachement on to a big travel mug thingy , tip it upside down and screw it into the base, blend, then take it off and swap the blade screwed bit for a travel mug top and away you go.... :) Not quite sure what the people in the next room think I'm up to when I switch it on though :)

Alternatively, lakeland do a really good shake thiny that actually has a balloon whisk attachment inside it which I'm told is fantastic for geting rid of lumps. :)

So its nearly the end of day 2 for me.
Its not been too bad, i've decided that its a hell of a lot better to split the shakes up so have 6 a day.
The porridge was a bit much for me on the first day, so today i split it and put more water in and a half a sweetener. Much more palatable.
I've had choc orange, choc mint and banana so far. Choc mint is very nice hot, but i love the banana blended with a couple of ice cubes....lovely.
Have a slight lack of carbs headache now, but nothing i can't handle.
Seems to be going well at the moment......happy thoughts everyone xxx

Hey Mrs Sully, it was my second day too. I split my lunch soup to make it go further, still tasted fine. Glad to hear your thoughts on the porridge - going to give that a go for tea. How are you going with the water? I'm finding getting my body used to so much a bit hard

I have the kenwood smoothie to go blender...it's about £15 to 19 but is fantastic......you basically screw a blade attachement on to a big travel mug thingy , tip it upside down and screw it into the base, blend, then take it off and swap the blade screwed bit for a travel mug top and away you go.... :) Not quite sure what the people in the next room think I'm up to when I switch it on though :)

Alternatively, lakeland do a really good shake thiny that actually has a balloon whisk attachment inside it which I'm told is fantastic for geting rid of lumps. :)

Ooh that sounds good, will do some investigating! Need to make sure the TV is on loud when you're in a hotel room! ;)

Back