Feb starters thread

Sorry to hear about your day Joolz1975, but I'm glad you are feeling a little better now. You are probably finding it more difficult because you aren't so well at the moment. It's bound to be harder if you aren't feeling very good to begin with.

I hope you get better soon and start to feel more positive, because other people who have just started are finding it fairly easy so far. We are all different though.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Joolz1975, I personally had a killer headache on the evening of day 2 and felt like death but woke up on day 3 feeling much better and on day 4 was feeling positively bouncy. It does get better with time honest :) Good luck :)

New Starter

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post - started CD for the first time yesterday.

I was not at work yesterday because of the snow and I have booked a couple of days off so don't go back until Tuesday - hopefully I will feel ok by then.

I am struggling drinking the water as I don't like plain water but can't have the flavourings yet!

I am just trying to workout how I add a weight tracker etc?

Hi Slimoncemore,

Welcome to the forums and well done on starting CD. They say the first 3 days can be the most difficult, so I am sure you should be feeling good by Tuesday. Not everyone has trouble though, so you might be fine.

I must admit the water is something I have to get used to as well. It'll come with time though, I guess. As I understand it, it's not so bad if you have the water flavourings from the start. It's better to have them and stick to the diet, rather than not have them and fail.

Good luck with everything and keep us up to date.

You can read about how to add a Ticker here:

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

:)

Thanks for your reply Matt...think I've sorted it (in a fashion).

I'm going to see if I can manage until weigh in on tuesday night and then get the flavourings.

Morning all, now on day four and feeling great, not felt hungry really since yesterday and today its like i've had a kings breakfast, when in fact i've only had a ltr of water ( hope that gives those on day 1.2.3 some hope x

Morning all, now on day four and feeling great, not felt hungry really since yesterday and today its like i've had a kings breakfast, when in fact i've only had a ltr of water ( hope that gives those on day 1.2.3 some hope x

That's wonderful kirsty2012. I'm glad you are doing well and enjoying CD. I've started today, so your comments are very much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Hi everyone; thought I'd introduce myself as I am about to start CD too and I look forward to the support on this forum to help me get through!
I have always been slighty overweight but after having 2 babies and never managed to lose the baby weight I have crossed the line to the Obese category so I really need to do something about it! I have tried WW countless of times, SW, SlimFast... and didn't succeed so I feel like this is it - CD is my last chance to get this right. As I am a food addict I know that the first few days will be hard but I am highly motivated, I will succeed :p
I have been reading about CD for about a week now and I should have my intitial appointment with a CDC tomorrow morning (just waiting to hear back for a time) Should I expect to then start Preparation or do most of you start the diet from there?

Good luck to you all!!

Hello!
Im on day 2 - want to lose 2st7lbs in total so seems like a long way to go but i am determined.
How is everyone finding it so far?
xx

New Starter! Sole Source

Hi All.

Was recommended to join this site by my counsellor, I am starting CD on the Sole Source, and should be starting it on Sunday when I have my shakes. Looking to lose around ten stone!
Would be happy to talk to anyone else who has been in a similar situation or who has recently started the Sole Source diet. :)

Hi everyone; thought I'd introduce myself as I am about to start CD too and I look forward to the support on this forum to help me get through!
I have always been slighty overweight but after having 2 babies and never managed to lose the baby weight I have crossed the line to the Obese category so I really need to do something about it! I have tried WW countless of times, SW, SlimFast... and didn't succeed so I feel like this is it - CD is my last chance to get this right. As I am a food addict I know that the first few days will be hard but I am highly motivated, I will succeed :p
I have been reading about CD for about a week now and I should have my intitial appointment with a CDC tomorrow morning (just waiting to hear back for a time) Should I expect to then start Preparation or do most of you start the diet from there?

Good luck to you all!!

Hi Forest290,

Some people have jumped straight into it and not had the "problems" that others have experienced. This is the first time I have tried a VLCD, so decided to do my best to take the sensible route. It's up to each individual really, but it is recommended that you take a week to work down to the SS plan.

This thread is very handy if you want some help getting started:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/9160-stepping-you-way-into-sole-sourcing.html

The information on there helped me a lot, even though I didn't follow it exactly.

This really is a great forum to be part of and I am sure you will get lots of help and support. Good luck and let us know how you are getting on. :)

Hello!
Im on day 2 - want to lose 2st7lbs in total so seems like a long way to go but i am determined.
How is everyone finding it so far?
xx

Well done with being on day 2 already. I started today and I have a whopping 6 stone to lose. Hopefully that'll help you feel a little better. Good luck and keep us updated. :)

Hi All.

Was recommended to join this site by my counsellor, I am starting CD on the Sole Source, and should be starting it on Sunday when I have my shakes. Looking to lose around ten stone!
Would be happy to talk to anyone else who has been in a similar situation or who has recently started the Sole Source diet. :)

Hi aimsz25,

Your counsellor has done the right thing. This forums is probably going to be your main source for help and support, and a good old chin wag (or finger wag) with people in the same (or at least similar) situation to yourself.

This thread is full of recent and new starters, with various amounts to lose, so make yourself at home and use it whenever you need to. There are some wonderful people on the forum that are well into their diets and are nice enough to take the time to look after us new starters.

Good luck with everything and keep us up to date with your progress. :)

welcome to all the new starters and goodluck through those first few days x

Hello all was hoping to join you guys I started CD on the 31st of Jan but figure you can forgive me a day lol. Well I had my first weeks weigh in today and am happy to report I'm 7lb lighter woohoo. And hopefully soon many more will be gone.

Lots of love Emma xxx

Reactions: Mat
Hello all was hoping to join you guys I started CD on the 31st of Jan but figure you can forgive me a day lol. Well I had my first weeks weigh in today and am happy to report I'm 7lb lighter woohoo. And hopefully soon many more will be gone.

Lots of love Emma xxx

Welcome to the thread, make yourself at home. :D

Well done with completing your first week and losing 7lb. I am sure you will do great, just make sure you keep us updated on your progress. :)

I have officially started CD today and I am feeling wonderful. :D

I went out shopping with my parents earlier. I watched as they filled up a trolley with food and all I bought was 14 bottles of water. Some of it was sparkling though, because I like to live on the edge me!! ;)

Thanks for the surpport Matt and I'm glad you first day is going well for me the first 4 days were the hardest so be strong and I'm sure you'll do amazing!!! BTW what Cambridge products did you get and what do you think of them so far? xxx

Thanks for the surpport Matt and I'm glad you first day is going well for me the first 4 days were the hardest so be strong and I'm sure you'll do amazing!!! BTW what Cambridge products did you get and what do you think of them so far? xxx

Thank you. I got a mixture to start with, so I can find out what I like. I've got 8 different shakes, 3 different soups and the original porridge. I then also got some mix-a-mousse, fibre89 and the 2 water flavourings.

So far so good and hopefully I will like them all. My CDC said I can return any unopened ones, but I got a number of each one, to give them a few tries each.

starting tomorrow so unsure as to exact weight I am by the CD scales so will update exact tomorrow, all I know for sure at moment is that I want to lose 124lb 9st.
Good luck all xxx

Back