Feb starters thread

New on 810

Hiya, I'm not doing sole source, I'm doing 810 but it would be great to join in and have some support too :)

I started on Wednesday and found the first few days really easy but the weekend has been a hell of a challenge as spent a lot of time watching sport on TV - it's made me realise how much I usually eat and drink when watching football and rugby and don't even realise it :(

I'm enjoying the porridge as feels like having a normal breakfast, struggled with the soups at first - some of the flavours are yukky, and today made a muffin out of one of my shakes (butterscotch) which was really tasty :D Think I'm going to have to have variety if I'm going to stick to this.

How's everyone else getting on? xxxx

Hey guys! Well I've done a week now and I've lost half a stone! :8855:
The first couple of days were difficult but they werent awful! Cant wait for my next weigh in now!

CardiffGirl well done. They say the first two weeks are the toughest so well done on getting through the first week and good luck for the second week.

Hiya, I'm not doing sole source, I'm doing 810 but it would be great to join in and have some support too :)

I started on Wednesday and found the first few days really easy but the weekend has been a hell of a challenge as spent a lot of time watching sport on TV - it's made me realise how much I usually eat and drink when watching football and rugby and don't even realise it :(

I'm enjoying the porridge as feels like having a normal breakfast, struggled with the soups at first - some of the flavours are yukky, and today made a muffin out of one of my shakes (butterscotch) which was really tasty :D Think I'm going to have to have variety if I'm going to stick to this.

How's everyone else getting on? xxxx

I find the shakes quite nice. Why not try them with ice and my CDC says the vanilla is nice hot with a spoonful of coffee. I really like the lactose free mushroom soup and I enjoy the porridge blended first. Give them all a go and see what suits you best. I am really trying to keep it varied. Week 3 means the bars and that should help you.

have shakes!!

Well, my CDC came today, weighed and measured me - oh my god!!!!

Have got to lose...............9 f*****g stones.

Getting my head ready for tomorrow, nice early night and a day to myself
shelly x

SS returner!

Hey everyone - you are all doing so well and the weightlosses are great so far!

Im back doing ss as of today:break_diet: and have got thru it ok :fingerscrossed: Im going to need lots of :help2: to keep me going as I have so much to blinkin lose! :d'oh: If onyl i had got to goal last time and stuck to maintenance - but never mind back to it now!

Last time I lost loads of weight with LL/CD (4st 4lbs) I was constantly :character00148: here for support:grouphugg: as my food demons got the better of me :devilangel:and then the :hitthefan: and here I am.
My weigh day is a Friday so will be around seein how everyone else is getting on and for support to keep me going if I can stay off the loo long enough!!!!

Will speak soon :wavey:

first day

:Dmorning all!

First morning - 18 stone 3 - oh........my.........god!!!! 9 stone to go.

Had first shake, half litre of water and am tired already.Had a poor nights sleep , so whilst the little monkey is at school i'm gonna' grab an hours nap.

Planning on dyeing my hair later and half an hour of yoga. #
Gotta' keep glugging that water!!:D

Hi All!

Mind if I join you? I just started ss today, and Im sitting here freezing too! One choc mint and three glasses of water down, fingers crossed I will make it through day one.

Good Luck to everyone

Sole

Morning girls, day one of restart for me. weighed in at 19.9 on my scales :( wont be seeing cdc until next week but am soo determined this time. already have 1 shake and 1.5 litres water down :)

Miss cheeky and sole, welcome to thread.
would be happy for us all to stick this through together.
Miss cheeky, we have a similar amount to lose:cry:

Just Checking

Just checking the Ticker thingy worked, hopefully it did cos im not really the best on the pc.
Still cold, getting a little hungry so I must get up off my backside and do some housework and the time might pass quickly, not having my next shake till about 2ish

Hi all

am hoping I am not too late to join you all!! I am on day 2 today and am feeling pretty good so far, and filling up on water!! Breath is minging so think ketosis here!!
I have roughly 5 and half stone to lose so am in for the long haul.. and definitely need some weight loss buddies to help me through!!

x

Well done on the ticker Sole :D

Caprica: ooh I'm jealous :p Day 3 here and no signs of ketosis yet. Hoping it will kick in tomorrow!

Hey Caprica and Sole
I have roughly the same amount to lose as you two can we keep each other going?
Im just finishing day 2 and suprisingly dont feel like cr*p. I thought I would feel alot worse I must admit.

Ive just had a poppadum and it was scrummy (cd style of course) not falling off the wagon just yet!!!! just need to up my water intake but Im sick of going to the loo Id forgotten how much you wee!! But I keep remembering the counsellor saying the more you wee the more you lose! and I got on the scales this morning - couldnt resist a peek and Ive lost 2lbs in 24hrs!!!!! Roll on Friday.....

Hey there JessicaRabbit, Forest and Sole

Just thought I would check in, as day 2 almost over. Not a bad day, woke up with slight headache and ketosis breath so at least I know the diets working!! Had a day off so was able to mooch on sofa when energy low, laptop on lap, and hoover etc when I was feeling more upbeat. Just had bath and smothered myself with Clarins toning body oil (so lush its unbelievable but v. expensive) and getting ready for back to work tomorrow.. which is normally my danger time... the starbucks run is a big habit but I am determined this time.

Have a nice evening all...

x

Hey there JessicaRabbit, Forest and Sole

Just thought I would check in, as day 2 almost over. Not a bad day, woke up with slight headache and ketosis breath so at least I know the diets working!! Had a day off so was able to mooch on sofa when energy low, laptop on lap, and hoover etc when I was feeling more upbeat. Just had bath and smothered myself with Clarins toning body oil (so lush its unbelievable but v. expensive) and getting ready for back to work tomorrow.. which is normally my danger time... the starbucks run is a big habit but I am determined this time.

Have a nice evening all...

x

Ooh the Clarins toning body oil sounds very nice :) I am using no7 slimming cream atm, I got a few bottles free with vouchers a few months ago :D I'm planning on treating myself to some pampering treats as I lose weight; well I'll be popping to Lush for a lil something after my WIs I think :p Good luck for tomorrow :)

Hello everyone
Hope you don't mind another newbie joining in with this thread? I started CD on Friday - and so far so good! I've got 3 stone to lose and I am determined this time it's going to work! I got some Ketosis Sticks today from Boots (£5 for 50) and it showed that I'm in the early stages of Ketosis now - rock on! Think the old breath stinks tho ha ha! And I've been a total grotbags to my hubby.
Has anyone else found that the soups are dissapointing? I had the tomato one for 'tea' tonight and even that was a bit grim - really sweet :(
The shakes seem ok - toffee and walnut with a teaspoon of coffee is nice!
Good luck to everyone - just keep on keeping on!:D

Hello everybody
Another newbie here I'm afraid (hope you dont mind). This is my first day which I have started CD along with my hubby.

I have really enjoyed reading the posts on this thread and found them encouraging and informative, and you seem like a very friendly bunch :) so looking forward to sharing support and encouragement.
I have had the porridge today (was ok) mint choc shake (I mixed in blender with crushed ice and was lovely!!!) and spicy tomato soup which was quite nice aswell.
Have a great evening

Back