Feb starters thread

Thats wonderful newes about your boyfriend coming home I bet he'll think he's walked into the wrong house lol If your CDC is wrong for you you can always switch Im sure you'll do great best of luck xxx

Hi Everyone,

I'm meeting my councillor tomorrow and going to start Tuesday afternoon.
Just thought i'd drop by and say HI :D
I'm a bit nervous and excited about starting, i've done a similar diet before and know it takes alot of willpower, and threads like these help get you motivated, and its great to get a support network of people who are going through the same thing!
Sooo good luck everyone!

Hi Jesslima. Welcome to the forums and the thread. Well done for making the choice to start CD, if you are determined there will be no stopping you. Let us know how you go. :)

well done on all the losses this week x

I'm restarting CD, after a long break. Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread - it's helping me keep motivation on my first day! :patback:

I'm restarting CD, after a long break. Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread - it's helping me keep motivation on my first day! :patback:

Well done for restarting. I'm hoping more people will come out of their shell soon, as I'm starting to feel like a parrot. The crazy thing is, in person I am probably the shyest one on the thread. :eek:

Hey, your encouragement on this thread is part of what's keeping me on track. Keep it coming!

I think all of us are probably shyer in real life than we are here. Which is a shame, when you think about it, since so many lovely people with so much to say seem to hang out on this site...

Afternoon All!
Well day 2 and am feel brilliant again today, not hungry or anything! Had two shakes today and got 2 to go. I still feel like I should be chewing something but hoping that'll pass soon!
I went on the wiifit this morning and it told me I'd lost 4lb from last night, I hope it's right!!
Everyone's doing so well and this thread is so motiviational!!
xx

Hey, your encouragement on this thread is part of what's keeping me on track. Keep it coming!

I think all of us are probably shyer in real life than we are here. Which is a shame, when you think about it, since so many lovely people with so much to say seem to hang out on this site...

Thanks Grrlscout, I'm glad that I am encouraging you to stay on track. It's nice to know that I can make a difference, even for just one person. :hug99:

Hey guys, i just started my CD on wednesday, havn't cheated once so far, cant weight for Week 1 weigh in. Hope all is good, good luck to you all keep up the hard work.

Hi guys,

Starting the CD this Weds 18th, Spoke with the CDC - She sounded really nice but Im so nervous about meeting her and discussing my weight (I even hate speaking to my doctor about it!!) Ive just got to keep telling myself its all for the better.

Just read through this thread, its really motivating. Think i'll have loads of questions!

Also would love to join a team?! - Anyone starting the same day?

Just a quick question for people who have started already, before you started did you cut down on food or just think its the last few days you can eat so eat loads???

Welldone everyone

Sarah x

Re Starting Cambridge tomorrow, (16th) so glad I found minimins as really does help with the motivation.....good luck every one :eek:

Just a quick question for people who have started already, before you started did you cut down on food or just think its the last few days you can eat so eat loads???

Sarah,

Hi and welcome. I lost 6lb in the week before starting CD. I cut down a little and tried to stick to food that had around 10% or less carbohydrate. I also started to build up the amount of water I was drinking. I had no problems, other than a bit of a headache on the 3rd day from not drinking enough water the evening before.

Eating lots before starting isn't going to help, but it is really up to you. If I were you I would start right now (with the build up to CD) and start as you mean to carry on.

This may also help:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/9160-stepping-you-way-into-sole-sourcing.html

I didn't follow this myself, but I did take some of the excellent advice and use it in my own sensible version.

Hi guys

I am starting ss on Tuesday (17th) and am so glad I have found this site as I am going to need all the support I can get I think. I am quite shy in person and have become a lot worse lately as I think everyone is looking at me, even down to the point where I cant go for dinner as I think people are thinking she doesnt need to eat, stupid I know! I need to loose about 5 - 6 stone and have my wedding in MAy next year to spur me on, hoping to meet some great "forum" friends, good luck to anyone starting tomorrow...

Hi zoda84,

Welcome to the forums and the thread. It doesn't sound stupid at all, it just proves that you are self conscious because you know you would like to lose weight. I've had those feelings too, so I know what it's like. To be honest there is nothing you can say here that is stupid. I'm sure all the thoughts and feelings you have about yourself and your weight are shared by many people here. The great thing is, we can come here to discuss them with others that actually understand.

You have taken one of the biggest steps already by making the decision to do something about it and then taking action, so well done to you. You have plenty of time to reach your goal, so make yourself comfy and enjoy the stay. :)

Hi zoda84,

Welcome to the forums and the thread. It doesn't sound stupid at all, it just proves that you are self conscious because you know you would like to lose weight. I've had those feelings too, so I know what it's like. To be honest there is nothing you can say here that is stupid. I'm sure all the thoughts and feelings you have about yourself and your weight are shared by many people here. The great thing is, we can come here to discuss them with others that actually understand.

You have taken one of the biggest steps already by making the decision to do something about it and then taking action, so well done to you. You have plenty of time to reach your goal, so make yourself comfy and enjoy the stay. :)

Thanks Mat, Good to know others understand, I can't wait to start now and get on with making me happy again!!

Thanks Mat, Good to know others understand, I can't wait to start now and get on with making me happy again!!

I know the feeling. In all honesty I haven't been as happy as I am now for quite some time. Being part of this forum and starting CD has really helped me get my behind into gear. :)

weigh-in

After speaking with CDC last Wednesday, we decided that I needed to start on 1000 cals and work my way down, I did that and weigh-in this a.m.....lost 5 pounds.:)

I'm sure I found it easier last time on SS 'cos as soon as I eat something (having one meal and 3 shakes) am ravenous!!

I'm finding night time REALLY difficult and the oldman sits there munching crisps, chips and chocolate - anyone else think he's trying to sabbotage me?!?!?:confused:

I know 5 pounds is good-it's more than i usually lose and I have had dinners.

Back