Feb starters thread

Hi all,

I am beginning SS today. I haven't done CD before, and have 3 stones to lose, but am equally nervous and excited! I've prepared as best I can in the last week by cutting out as much carb as poss, as well as booze, so I'm hoping I'll get into the swing of it quickly!

I made the decision to do CD after reading so many inspiring stories on this site over the last few weeks- it has to help to know others are struggling with the same problems, and overcoming them too.

Good luck everyone else starting this week. I really look forward to reading about everyone's early losses.

Here we go! (confession- had porridge for the first 'meal' and found it vile! Does anyone else think it tastes oddly salty? Not an ideal start, but hey ho!).

I am on day 8 now. I lost 12lb in my first week on CD. I only had a headache on day 3 (I think) but it was probably from lack of water the night before. It does work, so keep on going.

The last thing you want to do is weigh yourself so often. Once a week is enough. Don't let the scales put you off. It's also about measurements.

I know i know... Im just one of those annoyingly obsessive weighers! And I should be - because after loosing 2lbs over the weekend I have now stayed the same which has made me grumpy!

Anyways I have my weigh in tonight. My CDC are quite different to mine - about 3-4 lbs heavier, and as it will be in the evening after the water and shakes Im not expecting an amazing result. But we will see!

Thanks Jesslima, good luck for your meeting.
So far, I am a little unsettled in my resolve by how vile the porridge was- I don't have a microwave, so perhaps it is because it wasn't cooked properly? Does anyone have any tips on porridge?
Also, does anyone know if the CDC will be willing to exchange something- for instance, if I decide I just can't get on with the porridge and want to swap for shakes?

Ta.

Thanks Jesslima, good luck for your meeting.
So far, I am a little unsettled in my resolve by how vile the porridge was- I don't have a microwave, so perhaps it is because it wasn't cooked properly? Does anyone have any tips on porridge?
Also, does anyone know if the CDC will be willing to exchange something- for instance, if I decide I just can't get on with the porridge and want to swap for shakes?

Ta.

Oohh I didnt even know you can make porridge without a microwave. The microwave is what hardens it up and gives it a better texture - so you feel like you are eating real fool!

Your CDC should be fine swapping the sachets over Id say.. mine is!

Hiya, I am starting CD again tomorrow, it will be nice to have the support and help of others so this is a great thread!

Thanks, Crazylilblonde. I'll try once more with it, adding extra water. It just seemed to taste very strong and quite salty- the texture doesn't bother me really.
If it's still vile, I'll swap. Am just having my first shake, chocolate, and am relieved that it is quite nice and surprisingly filling. Phew!

i started today aswell ... i had the brocolli and cheese mix ... i couldn't finish it ... gag reflexes started kicking in.
I sitll have spicy tomatoe to try, also strawberry and banana.
Going to call me CDC to see if i can change then B&C before i throw up.
Exciting about loosing weight!

Hi all I normally would not eat porridge but decided to try it I have the flavoured 1 and I'm hooked on it taste gorgeous.
xxx

I started on Wednesday 11th so on day 6 and have had no side effects so far. I ususally have porridege with water so thought that I would like the porridge but it really is horrible. But on the plus side I LOVE the shakes and quite like the soups so will stick to them next week.

Oh dear it's all gone wrong over the weekend and I feel like such a failure. I am definately going to go back on SS tomorrow and try and make up for all my naughty-ness. I am so dissapointed in myself I'm not sure what happened. I lost 9lbs in my first week and I was so chuffed and felt so in control then bad day and BAM!
Then as I'd messed it up once I thought give in. I feel so ashamed.
: (

I know i know... Im just one of those annoyingly obsessive weighers! And I should be - because after loosing 2lbs over the weekend I have now stayed the same which has made me grumpy!

Anyways I have my weigh in tonight. My CDC are quite different to mine - about 3-4 lbs heavier, and as it will be in the evening after the water and shakes Im not expecting an amazing result. But we will see!

I hope your weigh in went well. Maybe you are just losing it slower because you don't have as much to lose as a lot of others.

Oh dear it's all gone wrong over the weekend and I feel like such a failure. I am definately going to go back on SS tomorrow and try and make up for all my naughty-ness. I am so dissapointed in myself I'm not sure what happened. I lost 9lbs in my first week and I was so chuffed and felt so in control then bad day and BAM!
Then as I'd messed it up once I thought give in. I feel so ashamed.
: (

But you know you did wrong and you have admitted it, so don't feel ashamed or bad about what you did, just learn from it. The last thing to do is dwell on it. Just remember how the naughtiness has made you feel and use it to make sure you do your best not to put yourself through it again. :patback:

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. My day 1 is finally over, now onto day 2!

So far I've had the butterscotch and chocolate shakes, the leek and potato soup, and plain porridge. They do have a bit of a funny aftertaste, especially butterscotch, but I don't dislike any of them. The chocolate was really good and I loved the soup, but it didn't fill me up like I hoped it would. I might just stick to shakes and porridge.

Hi all...

Ive not yet had my first meeting with my CDC but I am a bit worried as I wanna take the shakes to work with me but I have no where to blend them?! I work in a call centre, we have no kettle, microwave or fridge!

Can you blend the shakes in advance to take with you?

Any help would be great thanks!

Sarah =D

Hi bubblegomme - they do tetra packs in chocolate and banana. I really like the choc one and thats what I take to work with me as I had similar problems with kitchen equipment in my workplace.
Best of luck with CD!

Can you blend the shakes in advance to take with you?

Any help would be great thanks!

Sarah =D

On the instructions on the back of the sachet it states to use them within 15 minutes once you have made it up. So as suggested above, the tetras look like they are the only option.

Okay thanks for your help!

Are they more expensive? Also are they just like a carton of drink!? - I dont really want people knowing im doing the CD.

Thanks =D

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. My day 1 is finally over, now onto day 2!

So far I've had the butterscotch and chocolate shakes, the leek and potato soup, and plain porridge. They do have a bit of a funny aftertaste, especially butterscotch, but I don't dislike any of them. The chocolate was really good and I loved the soup, but it didn't fill me up like I hoped it would. I might just stick to shakes and porridge.

Hi and well done on starting CD. You'll be at the end of your first week before you know it. I've been adding about 350ml of water to my shakes and soups, except for when making a mousse. I've found them all really filling so far. I sometimes have to have half a shake at a time and space them out a bit.

Okay thanks for your help!

Are they more expensive? Also are they just like a carton of drink!? - I dont really want people knowing im doing the CD.

Thanks =D

I pay £1.70 for a shake or soup and then £1.95 for a tetra. Seems quite resonable for the convenience. It's a shame they don't do a few more flavours. They come in a small carton.

tetra.jpg

Back