Fed up of chopping!!

sharron12

Weigh in tuesday and been v good this week. Done quite a lot of walking and went swimming today as really hoping to drop 7-10lbs before our hols in 7 weeks. I have tried to change the way I eat and eating loads and loads more veg (in stir fries/spicy bns/huge veggie wraps etc) during the day instead of sandwiches as they don't fill me up. The thing is if I have to chop up another mushroom, pepper, bns, onion or courgette I'll scream!!!! Can chopping earn activity points?!
Any ideas for 0pp filling food that doesn't involve a knife or peeler? ;)

tell me about it! i think it would be easy to diet if you didnt have to prepare so much!! its so frustrating!

Ive been eating things you can just bung in the oven or take out the fridge... like quorn, mullerlights, frozen veg.. jacket potatos..

i guess though if it was easy we would all be our dream sizes... sigh!!

Good luck!

ps.. maybe a food processor!! no chopping there!!

Oh yes, i know the feeling :(

I bought chopped onions and peppers from morrisons. They were doing them 2 for £1 in the fresh section but in the freezer section they have bags of frozen onions and peppers too. They're prob better value for money it's just that I didn't have enough room.

They had other veg too. Might be worth a look? You can buy sliced mushrooms can't you?

I use a food processor and also a mandolin which chops, slices and grates very very quickly. So i don't find the veg prep a chore at all.
I usually make a big salad on sunday which will stay fresh till wednesday packed in tupperware. I don't put tomatoes or cucumbers in it till I use it. This makes it last longer. I also grow alfalfa and other sprouts to use in salad, no prep for these except rinsing them twice day till they are ready. Once ready most will last in fridge 3-5 days.

Completely agree, 2 weeks ago I had to get the OH to cut up my BNS as I'd just about had enough! I buy pretty much everything in it's chopped versions - peppers (frozen), mushrooms, onion, BNS... so when I need to chop potatoes or red onions it doesn't seem so bad!

Back