Diary of a Fat Mam

Monday's Food Diary

Breakfast
Overnight Oats (HEb) with raspberries, blueberries and a Cappuccino Mullerlight. Lemon & Ginger tea.

Lunch
Scan Bran x 5 (5 Syns) iceberg lettuce, mashed eggs, onion, 1/2 tblsp extra light mayo (0.5 Syns) Muller lemon cheesecake (1 Syn). Mugshot.

Dinner
Quorn pasta bake with cheese (HEa) and brussels sprouts - this was really horrible!!!

Snack
Bag of popcorn from Aldi (7.5 Syns)

Total Syns - 14

Hi Lilly! Thanks for subscribing xx

My Mam came up to visit today and brought a packet of Mr. Kipling Cherry Bakewells - 10 Syns each the bloody things are!! I don't like them (thank god) so I just put them away for my husband. This was the first day I've tried to eat Scan Bran without soaking them in soup or melting cheese on them and I think they took me about an hour to eat, they tasted like what I imagine those dry dog food nuts to taste like. Definitely making soup today for them!!!

Tuesday mornings are WI day :) Very happy!

I forgot to soak any oats last night for magic pancakes so had to use 6 syns on flour for pancake batter!! The whole recipe was 18 syns and I had a third so I should be safe with 6. I was tempted to just write it off as a "WI Day Treat" but when I start that craic I never stop, everything becomes "Oh an extra 5 Syns in a week won't make a difference..." etc.

I know its a little late now but my magic pancakes recipe doesn't require soaking- just use 35g oats, 2 eggs and enough ff yoghurt or fromage frais to make a double cream type consistency. Blitz it all up and hey presto! They really delicious- I can't wait for after tea :p
Good thinking on not writing it off- it can be a slippery slop I know all too well.. X

I actually saw someone else do that too on a blog today and I was raging! Maxed out my Syns today but anyway - at least everything is covered and I usually don't hit 15 again until the weekend so it's okay. The pancakes were worth it! :)

Food Diary Tuesday

Breakfast
Pancakes made with flour (estimating 6 Syns), skimmed milk (HEa), egg, Blueberries. 3 bacon medallions. Half teaspoon of Honey (0.5 Syns).

Lunch
Rocket/Spinach/Watercress/Iceberg Lettuce with cherry tomatoes, a small can of tuna, red onion, 1 small baked potato.
Mullerlight Lemon Cheesecake (1 Syn) and small bowl of melon cubes.

Dinner
Super Speed Soup with 5 Scan Bran broken in to it (HEb).

Snacks
Pot of Ski Lemon Mousse (4 Syns)
Half a Bag of Manhattan Popcorn (15g - 3.5 Syns)

Total Syns: 15

Does anyone have any ideas for the Super Speed Soup? I tried blending mine and the consistency was like sick. Seriously, it made me gag towards the end of the bowl - I've a big slow cooker full of the stuff, is it any better if it's left chunky? Or could I blend it up with curry powder and add chicken and rice? I don't want to waste it and I do want to give it a go for a few days because I get bloated around T.O.M but wow, there's no way I could drink that every day for a week. No way.

:-( I've never made the super speed soup but I think there's a thread in the recipe section about it.
Does it taste of much? I'd be tempted to add spices to a bowl (not the whole thing in case it tastes awful) and shredded chicken cos then you'll need to chew and it might be better texture-wise? If you added rice I'd be concerned you'll counteract the 'speed' effect.
I'm really funny about soup and I can imagine it and its making me gag a bit lol.
I only really make cauliflower or broccoli cheese soup, or the odd leek and potato, these days- the only ones that don't go to waste! X

:-( I've never made the super speed soup but I think there's a thread in the recipe section about it.
Does it taste of much? I'd be tempted to add spices to a bowl (not the whole thing in case it tastes awful) and shredded chicken cos then you'll need to chew and it might be better texture-wise? If you added rice I'd be concerned you'll counteract the 'speed' effect.
I'm really funny about soup and I can imagine it and its making me gag a bit lol.
I only really make cauliflower or broccoli cheese soup, or the odd leek and potato, these days- the only ones that don't go to waste! X

My go-to ones are butternut squash and potato or tomato - the super speed is just really odd. I blended my bowl last night and it actually did make me gag, it was just the texture - ugggggh!! I don't want to waste all those veggies though so I portioned it off into sandwich bags and I'm going to try and get a bowl in every day with some kind of spice, thank god I didn't blend the whole lot! I'll see how it is today left chunky - even though the thought of eating baked beans in their true form makes me ill.

Hopefully it will be worth it!! Definitely buying a BNS tomorrow... Hope you're having a good week Rosiepops, will nip in to your thread too xx

OH my god the Speed Soup is SO much better left the way it is. Never blending it again!!!! I did add an enormous load of pepper which may have helped but I actually enjoyed the bowl of it at lunch!!

Wednesday Food Diary

Breakfast
2 eggs, milk taken from 175ml skimmed milk (half HEa), mushrooms. Ginger and Lemon tea.

Mid-Morning
Melon Cubes.

Lunch
Bowl of Super Speed Soup, 5 x Scan Bran (HEb). 20g reduced fat cheddar melted on top (other half of HEa).
Mullerlight Strawberry Cheesecake (1 Syn).

Dinner
Will be slow cooked chicken curry with onions, mushrooms and spinach and brown rice. Used a packet slow cooker mix (trying to clear presses out) - 4.5 Syns for whole mix so estimating one portion at 1.5 Syns.

I can not stop eating today. Seriously. I ate the last of the crispbreads, the last of the smoked salmon, two freddos, and the last of the philly extra light. I also had one of the stupid piddly little Bakewells that mother brought up that wasn't worth 2 syns never mind TEN. My boys were in the same humour - two dinners?!

Anyway - I synned everything, I'm not doing the whole guilt thing, I didn't get to 17 stone in 3 weeks and I won't change my ways in 3 weeks either, but I'll get there.

It all came to 32 Syns on top of today's 15. I have 5 days left in the week, so I'm taking 6 syns away from every day - leaves me with 9 Syns a day until next WI, which is fine. We're probably not supposed to do that but anyway - it's what I'm doing.

I could have had a lovely chinese for 32 Syns - anyway! Done and dusted and on to tomorrow!

I actually feel sick. Properly sick, like when I was a child at a party. Amazing when you get used to smaller portions and less crap how absolutely horrible a binge can feel. Don't think I'll be putting Freddos on the shopping list this week :9529:

I hate those days when you feel like a bottomless pit :-( they happen though & I find the best way to tackle them is a big tea and lots of juice!
I do the same re cutting back if I've gone over syns (and can count by how many lol) and it usually works, though of course everyone's different x

I had a drawer full of Options and never even thought of them!! I was so sick this morning I didn't even want breakfast, hopefully I won't have another one of those days for a long time!

Food Diary Thursday

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Leftover Chicken & Veg Curry (2 Syns for Mix) and Brown Rice.
Mullerlight Apple Pie Yogurt (1 Syn).

Dinner
Will be Super Speed Soup (NOT BLENDED!!) with a HEb Roll and HEa cheese, with ham and lettuce. 2 Clementines.

Snack
Propercorn Sour Cream & Chive (4.5 Syns).

Total Syns: 7.5

Fridayyyyyyyyy! Which is exactly like every other day when you're a stay at home Mam lol.

I ordered some new trainers off Littlewoods this morning, got some Skechers Go Walk which have good reviews. I got a FitBit Flex too, looking forward to seeing how much sleep I am actually getting and how much activity I do in a day! Husband's busy season is coming up soon so I really need to get a walking routine going so that he can watch the babies while I get out for a half hour every day, I hate walking with the double buggy on a small country road, never feel like I'm actually getting any exercise. Need the head space too!

Friday Food Diary

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HEb), 1/2 tblsp extra light Mayo (0.5), lettuce, tomato, 3 x bacon medallions, 20g reduced fat cheese (half HEa), tea made with some skimmed milk from other half of HEa.

Snack
Pear

Lunch
Super Speed Soup, Salad - Rocket/Spinach/Watercress, Beetroot, Spring Onion, Yellow Pepper, 2 x Ham, Cherry Tomatoes
Mullerlight Banoffee Pie (1 Syn)

Snack
Propercorn (4.5 Syns), Ski Strawberry Mousse (4 Syns)

Dinner
Smoked Coley, SW Chips, Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli. Glass of milk using the rest of HEa.

Total Syns: 10

Saturday Food Diary

Breakfast:
2 Bacon medallions, 2 eggs, skim milk (from 1/2 HEa), mushrooms, peppermint tea.

Mid-Morning:
Apple, Mugshot

Lunch:
Super Speed Soup. Brown Roll (HEb), cheese 20g (1/2 HEa), lettuce, tomato, ham. Grapes & a Clementine.

Dinner:
Boiled ham, airfried roasties, mushy peas, 10g Dairygold (3 Syns).

Night:
Daim Egg x2 - (6 Syns)
Rancheros - (5 Syns)
Propercorn - (4.5 Syns)
Options with rest of HEa - (2 Syns)

Total Syns - 20.5

Yes. This is what happens when I don't write things down. Yesterday was a stupidly busy day, I had a half hour break to get my dinner and wolfed it down. I actually had a Daim egg and Propercorn marked out for my Syns and had them after dinner. Then I went and did another 2 hours of work, then had to get the babies sorted for bed, clean the kitchen, and thought "oh I'll sit down now and have my treats " and had the rancheros and daim egg and options, forgetting about the stuff I had earlier.

Who forgets they've already had their treats? ME! Idiotic.

New rule - write it in my notebook as I'm eating it.

******. Not holding my breath for this week, TOM plus have gone well over Syns twice. Wonderful.

I really, really can't afford to screw this up again. I can't.

WI today - was up 2.5lbs and totally deserved it. Haven't been drinking water, haven't been having 1/3 Superfree and haven't stopped eating rubbish. Two chinese takeaways, a mound of butter on my roasties the weekend, and I think I had three HEbs yesterday.

I always fall at this hurdle - 3 or 4 weeks in. NOT HAPPENING. I have a massive pot of BNS soup on, I've just had a really nice on plan brekkie with my 1/3 Superfree and I have a chicken in the slow cooker for later on.

Think I'm going to have to stop fooling myself stocking up on Syn snacks too, ate four Freddos and two bags of propercorn on Sunday because they were there. Seriously. What is WRONG with me? You'd swear I wanted to be fat. I DON'T.

Forgot to update with yesterday's food diary:

Breakfast
Peppermint Tea, Clementine, Mushrooms, 2 x Eggs, Milk from 1/2 HEa, Ham x 1, Ryvita x 2 (1/2 HEb).

Lunch
Mugshot Cheese (2.5), 2 Ryvita (1/2 HEb), Roast Chicken, Apple.

Dinner
Potatoes boiled & done in Airfryer, 10g Dairygold (3), brussels sprouts, roast chicken, chip seasoning.

Snacks
Mullerlight Apple Pie (1). 2 Cheese Singles (4). 4 Crispbread (4). A Brown Roll (5) Butter (4) Bag of Crisps (6) Grapes.

Syns - 29.5

It's hard to get back on track after a couple of days acting the maggot, was sick with hunger after dinner. I don't need all that food so it will take a couple days for me to get back to normal plan again, but I'll do it.

This is usually the time I'd slink away and not bother even logging in to this site and just start eating chinese takeaways and crisps willy-nilly again. Not this time, I'm still 7.5 lbs lighter than I was on January 1st and that is good. If I lose a half stone every 2 months I will be at target by August 2016 and I know I can do better than that. It took 12 years to get to this weight, I will put in the time to get rid of it.

Totally talking to myself but I need to write this stuff down!

Last edited:
Food Diary Wednesday 25/02

Breakfast
Omelette made with 3 eggs, 20g reduced fat cheddar (1/2 HEa) and skim milk from other 1/2 HEa. Roast chicken, yellow pepper, mushrooms, spring onion, cherry tomatoes. Lemon and Ginger tea with fresh lemon. Bunch of red grapes.

Lunch
Scan Bran x 5, Apple, Clementine, Roast Chicken with 1 tblsp extra light mayo (0.5) and spring onions.

Dinner
Blue Dragon wholewheat noodles, broccoli, leftover chicken, chinese 5-spice, yellow pepper, mushroom, chilli, spring onion. Peppermint Tea x2. Rest of milk from HEa.

Snack
2 Rich Tea biscuits (4 Syns), 5g Nutella (1.5 Syns), 4-5 chocolate buttons (2 Syns).

Syns - 8

30 mins Walk, 2 litres water.

Last edited:
If only it came off as easy, eh? Thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate it xxx

Thursday 26/2

Breakfast:
Scan Bran x 5 (HEb), melted 40g low fat cheddar on top (HEa) 2 x slices ham, 2 x boiled egg, apple and clementine. Peppermint Tea.

Lunch:
Mullerlight Lemon cheesecake (1 Syn), bowl of melon and grapes. Decaff coffee with dash of skimmed milk (0.5 Syns).

Dinner:
Slimming World Quorn Chilli with wholegrain rice and broccoli.

Total Syns: 1.5

30 mins walk, 2 litres water

Last edited:
Back