Diary of a Fat Mam

Tuesday Food

Breakfast
2 slices Hovis Nimble (HEb) 1/2 a large Avocado (estimating 7 Syns). 2 small oranges.

Lunch
Omelette - eggs, dash of milk (0.5 Syns), spring onions, cherry tomatoes, ham, leftover pulled pork (0.5 Syns), 30g cheddar cheese (HEa).

Dinner
TBC

Water
1 litre

SYNS

Thanks for the support girls. Unfortunately we had some terrible news yesterday - my husband lost a good friend suddenly in horrible circumstances - so the plan has gone out the window, I said I'd give myself 24 hours (until 1pm today) to wallow and eat and cry and after that it was back to focusing on myself so that's what I'm doing. I can't even think about a food diary or any of this at the minute but I haven't gone overboard and I will try to make good choices - if anything I suppose this has made me realize how short life is and that there are no guarantees even if you are 100% healthy and do everything you're supposed to do. In a bit of shock still I think, it's very unsettling to see the person you think is the strongest in the world fall to his knees in tears. Don't know how to process it really. Anyway - I don't mean to be morbid and down but if I vanish over the next few days it's not because I've given up. Go hug your loved ones x

Aw Hun that's so sad, I really feel for you!! Go look after your family, the dieting really does get put in to perspective!! Sending hugs your way x

Wow, I had forgotten about this thread until today!

I went totally off plan after that happened last July. It was like a switch flipped in my head and I went back to old habits, even started drinking beer again at the weekends. Takeaways, you name it. Altogether I started 2015 at 17 stone 7.5 lbs, which is horrifying.

January, I decided I wasn't going to follow any plans anymore. I tried clean eating - and put ON weight. I decided to go back to SW - I don't have a meeting nearby and can't afford to rejoin online, so I subscribed to the magazine on my tablet and I dug out all my books again. I've been doing well - so far I'm down 7.5 lbs in the first two weeks. I'm hopeful for this week too, but I might throw up my food diary from Tuesday (WI day) just in case I need to look back at something and haven't got my notebook with me.

Don't know if anybody will even read this, but the gameface is on and I REFUSE to have another fat Christmas! This is IT.

Tuesday 10 Feb

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEb), skim milk (from 1/2 HEa), Raspberries.

Lunch: Rocket/Spinach/Watercress, cucumber, pickled onion, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, 2 x ham, 2 x hard boiled egg, onion, 1/2 tblsp extra light mayo (0.5 Syns). Butternut Squash Soup.

Snack: Tesco Light Choices Chocolate Mousse (4 Syns). A fish finger (2 Syns).

Dinner: Baked potato, mushy peas, brussel sprouts, 15 g cheese (other 1/2 of HEa), 2 x bacon medallion.

Snack: Freddo (5 Syns).

Total Syns Tuesday: 11.5

Wednesday 11 Feb

Breakfast: Slimbo (HEb), 2 eggs, dash skim milk (from HEa), 2 clementines.

Lunch: Mugshot Snack Stop Cheese (2.5 Syns), Melon.

Dinner: Wholemeal tortilla (6 Syns), passata, onion, chunks of leftover boiled ham, tomatoes, 20g cheese (rest of HEa), 10g chorizo (1 Syn). Side salad with rocket/spinach/watercress/red pepper/pickled onion/bacon chunks.

Snack: Tesco light chocolate mousse (4 Syns)

​Total Syns Wed - 13.5

Thursday 12 Feb

Breakfast: Ginger & Lemon tea with fresh lemon. Omelette with red pepper/onion/tomato/ham/2 eggs/dash of milk from HEa

Lunch: Homemade burger (mince/onion/wor sauce/herbs/garlic/egg), slimbo (HEb), onions, rocket, kale crisps, tomato, 1 tblsp ketchup, 1 tblsp extra light mayo (allowed 2 syns for both).

Dinner: 6 Ryvita (6 Syns), 25g philly lightest (1.5 Syns)

Syns Thursday - 9.5

Probably the nearest to an off-plan day that I've had. I felt awful all day, sore throat & fuzzy head. Forgot to have the rest of the milk from my HEa and you know it's bad when I didn't have a snack after dinner!! I forgot to have superfree with the ryvita too.

Friday Feb 13

Breakfast: Nothing, felt awful.

Mid-Morning: A throat pastille (putting it as 0.5 Syns) and a Lemsip (putting it at 0.5 Syns too - probably ridiculous to Syn it but I'd rather be under than over!)

Lunch: Minestrone Mugshot. 4 x Ryvita Original (HEb), 25g Philly Lightest (1.5 Syns), Smoked Salmon, Iceberg Lettuce, 2 x Clementines.

Afternoon: Muller Strawberry Cheesecake (1 Syn). Pukka Licorice & Peppermint tea.

Dinner: Homemade Pork Mustard Sausages (Pork mince/egg/mustard powder/herbs/garlic/onion), 2 small potatoes mashed, savoy cabbage. 5g Dairygold spread (1.5 Syns).

Evening Snacks: Propercorn Sour Cream & Chive - 4.5 Syns. Daim mini egg - 3 Syns.

​Total Syns Fri - 12.5

Totally forgot to have a HEa today, I could have had cheese on my mash :( :( :( Will have a 175ml glass of whole milk later, don't think I could stomach a big glass of skimmed.

Hey girl :) Glad to see you back on plan. I can understand what you mean by losing and gaining the same amount of weight. And I know all about all-or-nothing thing. But the truth is , if you ban yourself from something you most likely will have massive over eating at one point, that could lead to slipping back to old habits. I know everything about that too. I had my fair share of slips and gains over last year , but I have lost 7 stones at the same time. Doing sw EE and I connot see any reason why to stop. So keep going , one step at the time and you get there.

Hi Rosiepops! Hope you feel better soon too, I'm not too bad today but have been sneezing a ridiculous amount! Hope the kids don't get it :/

Hi Destamia, thanks so much for reading, you are 100% right. I think this time compared to last year I am fitting in the things I want, just kinda working around them and if it's something I really want I'll have it and syn it. I'm learning every day and I'm still not doing this 100% right - I forget my HEa sometimes and I don't think I have enough superfree other days but I'm getting there! Well done on your weightloss, that is phenomenal xx

Saturday Food Diary - Valentine's Day!

So, my eldest son bought me some chocolates for Valentine's Day and I knew I was going to have them. It's one of those little boxes of Lindt balls with 4 balls in it - I looked them up and they are 4 Syns each so I had them after lunch, it's a bit daunting to know I've no syns left now for tonight but I am planning a lovely fakeaway for tea so that will be nice!

I decided to do the Scan Bran thing for 5 days too, I've had...............problems.............in some departments so I'm hoping this will work. It's also star week next week so I want to avoid a gain if at all possible.

Here's what today looked like!

Breakfast
Muller light with raspberries, blueberries, apple and a clementine. 2 hard boiled eggs.

Lunch
Scan Bran x 5 (HEb) with 30g cheese (HEa) melted on top. Homemade soup (tomato/red pepper/onion/stock/carrot).

Valentine's Chocs!
4 x Lindt Lindor Chocolate Balls (16 Syns).

Dinner
SW Chips with Chip Spice, Fakeaway with handful of egg noodles, broccoli, mushrooms, orange pepper, chilli, soy sauce and prawns.

Last edited:
I have a 1-litre water bottle that I fill twice a day so I've been getting through that okay, thankfully I do like water a lot! I'm going to make the super speed soup tomorrow too, made it once before but I kept forgetting to buy parsnips of all things.

Food Diary Sunday

Breakfast
2 eggs fried in frylight, 2 bacon medallions, pancake made with water and 25g wholemeal flour (4 Syns), mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.

Snack
Melon cubes and raspberries. Pot of Ski Lemon Mousse (this was FAB) (4 Syns).

Dinner
Beef stew (extra lean beef/stock cube/pearl barley/celery/mushrooms/onions/carrots/potato) 1 yorkshire pudding (2 Syns) 1/2 pack Oxtail Soup mixed through whole stew (entire pot of stew had 2 portions of oxtail soup mixed in which was 6 syns so my portion was estimated at 2 Syns)

Evening Tea
5 x Scan Bran (HEb) with 30g melted cheese (HEa) and a bowl of speedy tomato soup.

Snack
Mini Daim Egg (3 Syns)

Syns - 15

I'm proud of myself this week for not tucking in to all the snacks I have and for saving things up for other days. Husband has his own crisps and bars and I haven't wanted them which is a good feeling, it's nice to go to bed every night feeling like I have achieved something even if it's a silly thing like not having a biscuit.

Its a great feeling of accomplishment to go to bed and know you've had a 100% day, I know when I first started sw I'd always trip up on something but by breaking it down into one day at a time it was so much more manageable somehow. have you tried the oat pancakes? Free if using your hexb (or even just part of it) and really delicious x

Its a great feeling of accomplishment to go to bed and know you've had a 100% day, I know when I first started sw I'd always trip up on something but by breaking it down into one day at a time it was so much more manageable somehow. have you tried the oat pancakes? Free if using your hexb (or even just part of it) and really delicious x

I haven't! I was going to try them on Tuesday morning for Pancake Day :) I wanted pancakes so bad this morning but wanted to save my HEb for the Scan Bran, would have actually been better off using oats as HEb for pancakes and just synning the Scan Bran but anyway - you live and learn! Here's to a good week x

Subscribing :) Good luck! x

Back