Fed up

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Hi ya peeps

I have been doing EE for the last few weeks and while I have lost weight, its not been as exciting a result as I was hopeing for, .5lb for each of the last 2 weeks. So, today I have decieded to change and have a few days on Green in the hope of giving it a boost. What do you think, Should I expect a gain at weigh-in or do you think doing green could give me the boost I am looking for. I only need 4lb to get me into the next stone down bracket and was really hopeing to have been there by now and its rattling my bars now just hovering over it. I need a big surge of fat loss to make me happy over the next 2 weeks (thats my mini target for this - 4lb in 2 weeks) othersiwse its going to be the bacon slicer for me, desperate measures are called for. All advice considered even if not legal lol.

Sorry you're feeling fed up. Green days won't give you a gain, SW wouldn't allow them if that were the case. EE doesn't seem to suit everyone, I think the key to it is making sure you have a third superfree with every meal, I know if I don't then I won't lose on it.
I do like EE though, the meal choices are great but I kinda miss the extra a and b choice so it's a balancing act. I've done 3 EE so far this week and now I've switched to red and green.

Stick with it, whatever you are doing, if it's according to the plan then the weight will come off but definatley focus on the third superfree hun.

xxx

Thank you for your words of encouragement, It's the frustration of not getting into the next stone bracket thats getting me down I think. I know I should be patient and it will come eventually, but I need a decent loss to keep me going if you know what I mean. 2 weeks of .5lb is a bit feeble, 1lb or 1.5lb is all I need to give me that little jump of delight and spur me on for another week.

Does anyone here swap and change between red, green and EE in a week eg 3 days about, and does it work for you, or does anyone just do whatever takes the fancy that week. I'm nervous about mixing them up too much. What results do you have on the scales.

I swap plans around and usually have a mix of green, red & EE and sometimes the odd Mix 2 Max day.

For me personally, my best losses come when I either do all red days; vary my HEX Bs and have at least 7 different ones; stick to plan 100% and measure everything and count everything.

Last time I did a week of all red when I was plateauing and changed up my HEX Bs and lost 4lb which is unheard of for me nowadays!

I think the aim for decent loss's are eating more speed foods than non speed foods as they are lower in cals and fill you up. I stick to green only to be honest and I have lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks. But I think it's what suits you but to try and eat alot of ss and s speeds as these are what will help give you the biggests losts. Also try not putting too much pressure on yourself. Rome was wasn't made in a day. aim for a pound a week thats 4 stone a year.

Great advice here, Iv been thinking similar to Charlottegrace.

My problem has been doing EE, or thinking I am, but end up doing a green day without the added HEXs.

Going to stick to which day I am doing for the following week and take advantage.

Thanks girls.

And hypa - nice one on your loss! inspirational!

Great advice here, Iv been thinking similar to Charlottegrace.

My problem has been doing EE, or thinking I am, but end up doing a green day without the added HEXs.

Going to stick to which day I am doing for the following week and take advantage.

Thanks girls.

And hypa - nice one on your loss! inspirational!

I know what you mean about "the next stone thing". I've been hovering just short of my 2 stone sticker for 3 weeks now! (but I think this week is the week!)
With EE and I've done it since I started, I think there can be a tendency to have all your free food at the portions you would have had them on red or green (our consultant put 2.5lbs on the week she tried it! and that's what she came up with) So that cutting the 2 HEs doesn't compensate for it.
I think it's easier for people who start on it as they aren't constantly comparing with red and green, and the ones who start on it lose well and wouldn't really change. I do however note in the EE book it does say that "they will help you to choose when to switch to red or green to speed up your weightloss" So that would indicate that you may need to swap at some point.

I have done 3 months of doing a mixture of red and green now, and thankfully so far have had a loss every week, I have never done EE yet, basically because as I am doing so well I'm a bit afraid to swop and change in case it 'breaks the weight loss bubble' I suppose.

I have to say that I usually get a slow 1lb weight loss most week's although I find that if I do mainly all red days my losses do pick up a bit.

I have been hovering around my 2sts award for while now too, but hopefully I shall get it in the next couple of weeks.

Charlotte, there is lots of good advice on this thread for you (as usual), so please stick with it, and you will begin to move again - the 'bacon slicer' is such a drastic step love!!! - so good luck to you with your WI this week. X

Back