Feeding the husband...

My hubby's fantastic! He will eat anything I put in front of him and will even cooks SW friendly when it's his turn!
What!!! Your husband cooks?? This does not compute at all!
I just made chicken and pineapple rice for tea and had to scoop his portion out before i put the pineapple in otherwise he wouldnt have touched it!!

He cooks every day during the week as I get home later (I teach), I cook during the hols and weekends!! Not a bad deal!

My other half eats slimming world meals for tea most of the time, basically he doesn't want to make his own tea so eats what I make. People at work have even commented that he has lost weight! He however draws the line at Quorn or sin free Linda McCartney sausages. I've told him he should be paying half of my weekly subscription as he is losing weight too! :p

My hubby's fantastic! He will eat anything I put in front of him and will even cooks SW friendly when it's his turn!

Mines the same. The only thing he won't eat is mushrooms but if I put them in in big chunks he will pick them out. I have to direct him when he cooks and general give him easy stuff like sausage and mash (he only cooks about once or twice a week but he does cook when I ask).

It shocks me how many posts I see both here and on Facebook saying "my hubby won't eat the same as me". I can hand on heart day the only things I find aren't quite as good as pre SW are roast potatoes but that's because I like them done in goose fat. The quiche is slightly odd at first with no crust but tastes great.

Men huh? If they didnt know you were on SW they wouldn't bat an eye lid

My boyfriend is really lovely when it comes to meals and takes a proper interest in what is SW friendly about them. He will eat what I eat. However what he then does is go on the hunt for some snacks and demolish them while saying he feels bad about eating them in front of me!!! And he is about 3 stone lighter than me. Men are bad even when they are good!! xxx

My boyfriend is really lovely when it comes to meals and takes a proper interest in what is SW friendly about them. He will eat what I eat. However what he then does is go on the hunt for some snacks and demolish them while saying he feels bad about eating them in front of me!!! And he is about 3 stone lighter than me. Men are bad even when they are good!! xxx

My OH is like that eats crisps chocolate and ice cream and is slim! Boo!

Ive just made a lasagne and he complained there wasnt enough meat, too much onions and peppers, why have i put PEAS in there, he complained when i wanted to use baked bean sauce to thicken it... i threw him out of the kitchen before i put a tub of cottage cheese on top in place of white sauce, omg :banghead:
Ok ovens beeping... heres hoping!!

My OH is my biggest sabotage as he just refuses to eat quorn, veg or anything cooked in frylight so in the end I just give up because im so tired after work I cant bring myself to cook twice. Started again today though and im determined to do it so if it means he starves then so be it haha

I used to think my OH was bad, he won't eat any green veg except frozen peas, and the only other veg he eats is onions, peppers, carrots and parsnips (roasted in honey, obv!) and he won't touch fish (which is ok as I don't really eat it much).

But he does ALL the cooking! I wish he disliked cooking sometimes as I love it too but he works from home and I admit after a 40min drive home I'm glad to not have to cook every day.
It was hard to get him to eat stuff cooked SW way so I stopped trying for a while but now he's on a low carb stint so he makes himself griddled steak or chicken with mounds of roast veg every night - he's losing more weight than me!!

He cooks every day during the week as I get home later (I teach), I cook during the hols and weekends!! Not a bad deal!

We are the same, I teach so home late so OH cooks mostly through the week and then I cook on weekends.
My husband is not fussy and we both love the slimming world recipes - had spinach and cottage cheese cannelloni last night and having a roast today and spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow :)
The only thing he won't eat is quorn but neither will I :D

Wow some of your comments make me realise how lucky I am! My fiancé will eat ANYTHING! And even his 2 best friends eat my SW food when they come round with no complaints!
When it's his turn to cook he even looks up new SW recipes for us to try and makes them. I don't know how I would stay on track if I was making different meals for each of us every night...

You sure are lucky - if I didn't make two dinners every single day I'd never ever get pasta, rice or anything green! Make the most of him, he's definitely a keeper lol...

We are the same, I teach so home late so OH cooks mostly through the week and then I cook on weekends.
My husband is not fussy and we both love the slimming world recipes - had spinach and cottage cheese cannelloni last night and having a roast today and spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow :)
The only thing he won't eat is quorn but neither will I :D

Exactly the same!! Me and hubby won't touch quorn and we had spinach cannelloni last night too!! (Made ours with Philly though)!

Exactly the same!! Me and hubby won't touch quorn and we had spinach cannelloni last night too!! (Made ours with Philly though)!

How was it with Philly? Does that increase the syns or do you use it as HEa?
I like that it no syns at all :)

When I started SW I kept on telling the wife that her cooking needed to change & after a few weeks she said "if you don't like my way of cooking, then do it yourself" so this is how I started, I could cook basic meals, beans on toast,mixed grill but that was it.
Luckily I found that the more I tried, the more I enjoyed it! After putting some of my recipes on this forum & getting lots of requests for them I started to put them on in January 2012, the rest is history!......

When I started SW I kept on telling the wife that her cooking needed to change & after a few weeks she said "if you don't like my way of cooking, then do it yourself" so this is how I started, I could cook basic meals, beans on toast,mixed grill but that was it.
Luckily I found that the more I tried, the more I enjoyed it! After putting some of my recipes on this forum & getting lots of requests for them I started to put them on in January 2012, the rest is history!......
Ive been reading your recipes - theyre AMAZING! I think you should get published, so we can all buy copies and put your book on a book stand rather than get the laptop messy in the kitchen :)

Back