feel a bit hurt and embarrassed??

I'd tell Jim that ultimately you can always lose weight, but he'll always be a pathetic ugly sad f**ker with a tiny ****.

Alternatively, I'll pan his face in for you as I am now having the personal life from hell and need a punchbag. It would be like strangers on a train, but with a beating and he'd never know it was you?

Although what Tilly said makes much more sense. Probably more advisable.

The bit where this was said ...to which he LAUGHED out loud, said he could never imagine ME slim, and lets face it she needs to lose weight.
That is the bit where i'd be saying ok i'll show him , more reason to think lets go for this big time now . I would not say anything to him anymore just if he says hello just reply but thtats about it .
But yes I can see it hurt you .

Technically he's just committed gross misconduct. Either he is representing the company while unable to contain his alcohol and is misrepresenting the company, or he's in control of his drinking and is defaming your character within the company.

Sue his ass.

i would say something to him, you dont even have to be bitter or unfriendly, just casually say that you heard what was said, didnt realise that he had such an opinion on it and say you were initally a little hurt but actually his opinion doesnt mean anything to you anyway so couldnt care less.

;)

What Amy said ^^^^^ nice post love xxx

In a few weeks you will be slim, he will always be a berk!
So true, last bloke to call me fat was 5 foot 4 so I reminded him I was able to diet while he would be staring at my chest for good.
Now ive nothing against shorter people and would never pick issue with someones appearance as I know how it feels but if you are the sort to dish it be prepared to recieve it. Its all an obvious sign of issues and insecurity.

Anyway back to subject, personally i'd just not mention it again unless youve no choice, get your head down and lose a load of weight then see who's joking about it. :)

Laughing at some of the comments made here.... I think more than some of us have been hurt in a similar way!
Thing is... it is bullying behaviour and I for one don't condone bullying at all...
I hate it, and I don't ever feel there is an excuse! If words leave the mouth of an adult, that adult is responsible for the effect those words have!
x

aawww thanks guys! only just logged in and so surprised and touched AND AMUSED HEHE at all the comments. I think I HAVE to say something- I'm not seeing him til Wednesday so will keep you all posted!!

And yes I am looking forward to proving him wrong!! 6 weeks ago this would have set me off on a pity-trip and probably a binge but now it has made me more determined.

I wouldn't utter a word to him and would act normal as if nothing has happened. Then use what he has said as a push in the right direction and prove him wrong. You have to show you can do this then all the other managers will have respect for you and think hes an idiot. By doing this it shows you are a person who can get things done no matter how hard and uncomfortable the experience is. I would sooner employ a person who can stick to this sort of diet it shows the strength of them as a person.

I would make him s**t a brick. What is you companys bullying policy?? On Wednesday when you see him next tell him you have heard what was said at the meeting. You find it shocking that he can display such a degree of unproffesionalism and several of the people present have called you to offer their support in your quest for weightloss. Unfortunatly they also felt the need to tell yiu how unproffesional they felt 'jim' was and have pointed out what terms of employment he has broken. you will be very busy on wednesday studying these.

I am with LexieDog and Purple Pixie on this one. Lexie, I will hold him down while you pan his face in? (But seriously, Purple Pixie's idea is the best - he really will sh*t himself if he thinks it's a formal complaint! x

HI there,
As I can see you have had much support and replies of which are fab.
Don't be upset and waste your energy, use it to worry about about yourself for once!
If one thing I have noticed about being on here is we are all overweight through worrying,looking after other people, other things effecting us but it is now time to think about YOU YOU YOU! Stuff the idiot smile and move on! You do not need to waste one more moment worrying about such a worthless person. Good luck xxx

What a pr***. I would speak to him very calmly. Don't speak to him until you are able to do so without getting emotional / upset and be very factual with him - eg I consider your actions to be indiscreet and I'm sure that everyone present would have reservations about trusting you in both a personal and professional capacity. Don't have a conversation with him about it - deliver your REHEARSED statement then leave. If he wants to apologise then he should initiate that contact with you.

Poooor you - I was given really invaluable advice many years ago when my marriage was breaking up and I was talking to everyone about it. A close friend said to me - "Remember that once the toothpaste is out of the tube, you can't put it back in!" When you confide in someone they can then bring it up in conversation etc and you can never un-tell them. I found that was true - and I keep that advice in mind. I consider myself to be really open - but I'm much more careful now!!

Don't let this put you off - you can do it!!!!!!!

Personally I wouldn't say anything to him at all. He has shown himself to be untrustworthy not only to you but to his other work colleagues. He has said nasty things behind your back and the others will be very wary of trusting someone who is so two faced.
If you say anything to him there is a risk that it will get blown up out of proportion and instead of being forgotten about it will rumble on and on.
If it was me it would inspire me to keep going. How about writing exactly how you feel now in a letter to yourself and if you start to waver just reread it and you may find that him being an idiot may help you in the long run.
Good luck

Last edited:
As some one whio has been in that same position i would say dont let them get to you it wont be long till people start to notice the weight loss and start saying how good your looking.

Me.

Back