Feel a little upset...

Back2Black

I need a seriously hard boot up the rear end... I am really struggling to get to grips with Slimming World and I feel embarassed asking people lots of questions...

I only lost 1/2 a lb this week and I am beginning to think its all just down to plain uselessness :( I used to always do Weight Watchers before but decided on this following my friends success but I just find it so hard...

Any tips on SW for dummies?

Well, stop feeling embarrassed for a start! You can ask as many questions as you like here, really...someone is always around to help and no one is going to make you feel silly.

Ok so you lost 1/2....you lost 1/2 pound, I know it's not a huge lose but you should still be pleased, this isn't a quick fix but you can hang in there and get results, it's just getting your head in the right place!

Have you talked to your consultant about how you are feeling?

Can you get hold of the SW magazine or get on the SW site? They both have a 7 day eating plan. Even if you don't follow it it will give you some ideas and help you to get your head around it.

I know there are a lot of 'days' you can have. Green, red or extra easy. Why not pick one and stick with that for a week until you get used to what foods are free and what have syns? Once you've got used to that, then add another one in, and then another. Variety is the spice of SW life so that you never get bored with it, but you really do need to get to grips with the basics. I think it's easy to feel overwhelmed with all the info to start with. Check out a few of the food diaries at the top of this forum and see what kind of things other people are eating.

If you're still unsure.. ASK. We've all been where you are and we were probably more confused than you to start with.

Well done on a loss this week.. and here's to another one next week. Get questioning us all. It'll keep us on our toes too ;)

Hi

PLEASE don't worry about asking questions. We've all struggled at times and people here are some of the most understanding I've ever come across. xxx

I'm sorry your feeling rubbish hun!! 1/2lb loss is fab as its a step in the right direction.

I'm only on my 2nd week of SW. In the past i have always done WW aswell. I find it really hard to get my head round SW as its sooo different from what i am used to. I am totally out of my comfort zone with regards to the diet.

My suggestion would be to ask as many questions as you need to. From what i've seen on this site everyone is more than happy to share their pearls of wisdom.

xx

Ask, ask and ask again!

Put it like this. I've been doing SW since June '08 and I still ask about stuff. We all have questions, so honestly, just ask! There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Also...a loss is a loss!

Just to reitterate what everyone else has said....ask away!! We all do it :) The fact of the matter is, you have lost, and that is fantastic! You must be doing something right.

The best advice I can give is to read your books from back to front to really get to grips with the plan and look at all the threads one here. I learnt most of what I do from this site and the members on it. Ask away. I've asked some riduculous questions at times.....but I got the answers :)

Best of luck and stick with it....it works and all you have to do is look at everyones results to see it.

K xx

Ask as many questions as you need too... I'm sure there will always be someone else wondering the same thing too and I know I for one have picked up loads of tips from the replies others have got.

Weight loss has so many ups and downs that it is easy to get disheartened and lose sight of why you want to lose weight... instead people focus on not being able to lose weight and maybe eating things they know they should limit - the resulting weight gain is justification for how they felt in the first place and off the wagon they go.

Everyone here is so nice... I'm pretty new myself but feel like I've just been able to slot in!

have you had a look at the Slimming World teams? Maybe it would help you to stay focused and also help you to get to know a few people on here?

Slimming World Teams - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

I agree, there's no such thing as a stupid question. I ask my Consultant questions all the time. There's alot of support on here and in the mag. There is also the SW mag which is fab. Can you perhaps talk to your Consultant too?

I don't have anything else to add to the comments posted on here, just wanted to say good luck and ask away ~ this forum is a lifeline to me as I do SW alone and without it I would be totally and utterly lost! Well done on your loss and good luck! xx

That is great, sometimes it just takes a while to get into the swing of it. Keep asking questions if anything comes up even if you think its a daft one we won't!

Back