Feel alone :(

zsk

Ok so hv guests over n relatives, n there's a bbq been done n i sit n watch everyone eat eat n eat while i drink drink n drink :( im not hungry its just the smell ;) but do i have a choice??

Hi
We all have choices in life, whether to contribute to society; contribute to our families; contribute to friendships etc. You have a choice at the family gathering whether to eat the bbq or not. You have already made your choice and that is that you want to have a healthy BMI weight. You have tried your other choice for so long and become tired of being unhealthy. Maybe think of some distraction techniques whilst the bbq is being cooked/eaten. Children are not so interested in food, are there any children going to be present that you can sit with and colour with them for instance? bead hair, face paint,? their parrents will be so pleased with you that they are being amused and that they can eat their meal in peace. Or maybe there is some other distraction you can use - even washing up.
Take courage and continue with the choice you have made. We will all be rooting for you.
Regards, Elaine.

You will feel amazing going to bed 100%!!!

BBQ's will still be there in a few weeks/months!!! Stay strong hun.... think of all those things that spur you on!!!

Good luck sweetie!!! x

Hjusi hun, just read your post so hoping it all went ok and that you got through ok! It's funny ,it feels like there have never been so many food opportunities- parties, nights out etc as there have been since I started LT LOL xxx wishing you all the best hun, stick with it you will be glad you did every weigh day xx

zsk...you can still interact with everyone but just chose not to partake in the eating bit. That took amazing willpower so don't under estimate yourself with your commitment to wanting a healthier lifestyle. I hope it went well for you ...you should feel REALLY proud for not caving and I hope the scales give you the extra boost when you step on them and then you can see your choice was SO worth it :) x x x

Thank u all so much for the support. Went well actually. Sat there drinking my water n distracted myself by talking n having a laugh. Managed quite well actually :)

Somtimes situations like this aren't half as bad as you thought they would be (thank goodness lol). Making the choice BEFORE the event can make a huge difference though. xx Well done for getting through it :)

Back