Feel free to take no notice..........

dropsofjupiter

Lurks a lot
I thought I would start up a diary thread here. I have been nattering away to myself on the general CD page, but now I have discovered I can have a 'proper' diary here, I thought I would start one up here instead.

Anyway, this is to keep me motivated as I get through those lbs to goal. Which is 9stone 10lbs to start with, then I will see how I feel when I get there. I started this almost 2 weeks ago at 14stone 3lbs. I am now 13stone 6.8lbs.

Feeling positive that I can do this.

Onwards and downwards.

Hi

Yes, I am doing sole source. And finding it not as bad as I had feared.

I got a bit light-headed earlier - but I think I just needed to increase my water a bit.

I am trying to get 3+ litres down my neck every day, which some days I find is okay, and others I struggle.

I am proud of myself today, though. I was at lunchtime meeting with LOADS of lovely goodies. And I didnt have anything. I attend this meeting regularly, and used to have some of said lovely goodies. But today I put aside a sandwich, crisps and some fruit (as I would have had previously) and made out that I would have it later in my proper lunch time. OH will like it - I have saved the food for him. A prawn mayo sarnie, pringles and some melon slices. I dont like prawns, so I reckoned it was the safest choice for me to keep with me all afternoon.

And you know what?? I wasnt even that bothered by people eating sausage rolls and scotch eggs. The strawberries did smell nice, but I wasnt THAT bothered about not having any.

So, here is to another day under my belt - and a smaller number on the scales in the morning.

Fab Christine

You are doing well with the right attitude its amazing how many excuses you can come up with for not eating ~ I used to say in restaurants ~ its ok I've already eaten just sparkly water for me please. Then if you are at Pizza hut with friends say oh not really in the mood for pizza today dont really fancy it ~ I just have a black coffee and grab something later. Works everytime especially if some people are pushing you to eat.

Copy and paste one of the gold stars for everyday you SS then when you completed a week you can get a really cool blue one !!!!

Love Love

Great attitude Hun, I was the same at the meetings, why is it always yummy stuff that you can pick at, i remember my first one that I abstained, i felt so good after!!!

Good Luck x

Morning,

I am so glad I didnt pick yesterday. I was rewarded with another 1lb off this morning!

I am amazed at how much I am not bothered about food. yes, I get a hankering for salad - there is an advert with cherry tomatoes on it (cant remember what it is for, though) and I really fancied some tomatoes after that - so that advert was doing it's job!! Normally I am not even that keen on them.

I am still waiting for my clothes to be looser. I suppose I had squeezed into them when really they were too small, so I will need to lose more to be the true size of them.

I hope that this abstinence thing helps with my boredom eating - I still get bored now, but am not eating food to occupy myself. I will have to transfer this when I am allowed to eat. I have been mainly distracting myself when I want to eat something - which,to be truthful hasnt been that often.

Saying that, I could just have soemthing to munch on now. I am savig my tetra for lunch, so will have to make do with coffee.

So there was no need for the cheese. Or the hot dog sausages. It was mainly protein (too much fat), but is it enough to stop ketosis??

I am 0.6lbs heavier today than I was yesterday.

Am annoyed with myself. I had been going great guns, and seeing a loss every day. I didnt expect that to continue, but to spoil my efforts with food that I didnt even really like.

Back to it 100% today. Need to get 3+ litres of water into me.

Disappointed.

But still ,it could have turned into me eating a LOT more. I had maybe 1.5oz cheese and 2 hotdogs. I stopped myself opening the pringles - I suppose I do have some restraint!!

I hope it wont affect my loss too much. I hope even more that it doesnt stop me losing something.

Hand slapped. Drinking water and remembering how rubbish I feel now, so I wont do it next time.

Hey christine, don;t beat yourself up over the cheese/hot dogs. It could've been sooooo much worse/. So good on ya for stopping when you did. Today is a new day so back on track chick ;). That 0.6lb will soon be back off again.

Do Not Cheat

The quickest way to Slimdom is to stay with the plan. It is not that difficult not to eat. I just need to remember that I want to be slim quick more than I want to eat food. I want to stand on my CDC’s scales next week and be chuffed to have lost 3lb+. They say an average of 1 stone per month. That would be 3.5lbs a week. So far this month, I am above average – 9.6lbs in 2 weeks. 4.5lbs would take me to a stone lost. I will not eat anything this week – and drink 4 litres of water every day. I hope that will flush any lingering fat out of me and show a good loss on the scales.

4pm and I want to EAT. I am not going to give in, and ruin all of these days' will-power. I just need to make it home and have a soup, and all will be fine. I have managed almost 2.5litres so far. I need to get another 1.5 litres by bedtime. Without eating anything in between times!

I need to focus on being that size 10 slim person. I will be that person weighing 9 stones, and will look good in everything I wear, and will be groomed and wont be the scruffy one any more. I will be confident and successful in maintaining my loss. I will eat sensibly and normal portions of normal foods. I will not need to binge and eat rubbish to fend off a bad mood. I will deal with the emotions that make me want to eat.

Sermon to self over.

Thanks Dobbie - I know it was only a little blip - but I hope I can control myself to avoid it being the beginning of that slippery slope.

Feeling a bit down about the diet today. Its not fair that I cant eat all of the yummy things I want to. But I can eat them if I want, but I wnt be losing any weight if I do. And that is what I want more than eating cheese.

I need to get my head into me CHOOSING to do CD SS, not me HAVING to do as a punishment for getting fat!

I was doing well - I will re-find that motivation somewhere.

Much more positive today

I have woken up today with a much more postive frame of mind.

I can do this

I will do this

I will be 11 stone something by Christmas

I will lose weight every week, and get to my goal - even if it is slower than 'average'. SS is working for me when WW/SW never did.

I watched OH eat his way through a bag of pistachio nuts last night. Then he started on the amaratti (SP??) biscuits. He let me sniff one. And I wasnt bothered about eating them in the slightest.

My challenge is to make Christmas cakes!

Not had PC access for a few days.

Going well, despite having another blip. I resisted the pringles and chocolate and pizza and wine. Then had some mashed potato.

I knocked myself out of ketosis. I am annoyed, I justvwant to get back in the swing and remember not to give in. A smaller number on the scales is much better than anything I can eat.

Only lost 2lbs at my weigh-in. Dissapointed in that - I had stuck to SS. But could have had more water, I think. Anyway, despite the small loss, I lost 5 WHOLE INCHES since my last weigh in. Which is 9.5 inches in 2 weeks. So I must be doing something right.

I am going to keep plodding along, and the size change is going well, even if the weight is slow to come off. I am hoping that my body will realise this and lose some weight to keep up with my measurement reduction.

Anyways........... a banana tetra awaits!

Back