Feel I'm obsessing

Amy2249

Silver Member
Hi guys, I'm 5 weeks into SW and I feel I'm boring people like OH and work friends with going on about SW. I seem to live and breathe SW, if I'm not planning my food, eating foos, telling people how many syns they are eating then I'm on here talking to you guys about it. Is this normal? Does anyone else feel like this?

Well they'll just have to love it!! Your doing it for u!! At work I was cautious about mentioning it but now they ask me how many syns in there lunch!!!

I used to have daya where I would email friends who were on sw all day, about sw and food! I think talking about it and gettting exited about it help to keep me on plan, and it's just a sign you believe in what you're doing.

All I ever seem to do is talk about food! I'm obssessed but in a good way. I just love the plan, and all the yummy things I can still eat, or i'll be telling people how to make fatty meal healthier etc.... I'm pretty sure people are sick of it, but I also have a lot of people come to me for advice on how to make regular foods healthier, or asking me how I lost my weight.

you go on talking about it hun, thats what made me a consultant :) being passionate about sw isnt a bad thing and who knows you might decide to join the big world of C's in the future :)

maxine uk said:
you go on talking about it hun, thats what made me a consultant :) being passionate about sw isnt a bad thing and who knows you might decide to join the big world of C's in the future :)

Thanks, I do love SW and this forum <3

I went on about SW loads at first, I kept explaining the plan to all my friends. It was good because it just reinforced everything and I found it easier to follow because I remembered everything. Now, my weightloss comes up more than SW itself and that gets talked about a lot. I worry it bores people but then they're the ones always asking about it...so whatever! :D

I don't talk to any 'real life' people about it but i like talking on here and I think about it a lot.
When i first started SW I'd failed at so many diets before I didn't even tell my husband I'd started. I quite liked the fact that no one commented on what I was eating (as in 'you can't eat that you're on a diet) and no one asked me how I was getting on until I'd lost quite a bit, so I had no pressure.
I don't want SW to be what defines me in real life so never mention it.

There are three of us on a team of 7 at work all on sw. Funnily I do red only, another does green only and the third i's doing ee lol. It's great though cos always someone to talk to about it but I love coming on here as i see this as my group now.

I'm not going to stop talking about it. I know what you mean about people being on your back about how much you've lost etc but it keeps me on track knowing that I will be updating friends and so on my progress and if I gain or have a bad week they are supportive. The more I talk about SW the more I enjoy it and it definitely keeps me going and feeling positive :-D

Yep! it's normal and guilty as charged your honour!

I'm obsessed with it all and it has become my mantra. Most people accept it and take an interest. I suspect despite all the encouragement I get there must have been bets taken on me lasting the week and failing big style.

Been like that for 14 weeks now. Perhaps I'll give them a break soon - having said that, they all keep coming to me for advice.

What can a bloke do? ;)

Hi guys, I'm 5 weeks into SW and I feel I'm boring people like OH and work friends with going on about SW. I seem to live and breathe SW, if I'm not planning my food, eating foos, telling people how many syns they are eating then I'm on here talking to you guys about it. Is this normal? Does anyone else feel like this?

I am like that too hun lol! I don't care if it bores people, I am doing it for me & no one else so don't care what they think.
I love to come on here & chat to people about their sw journey aswell as chat to my online friends I've made through doing the plan. xxx

MrsWilsoncroft said:
I am like that too hun lol! I don't care if it bores people, I am doing it for me & no one else so don't care what they think.
I love to come on here & chat to people about their sw journey aswell as chat to my online friends I've made through doing the plan. xxx

Totally agree xx

Back