Feel like am playing snakes and ladders sometimes.....

Hi Nat, welcome back to SW and Mini's :)

You certainly aren't alone, there are lots of us who have lost and regained. We come back to SW because we know it works! I lost 5 stone in 2011, rejoined in January this year having regained almost 2stone of that, which is now gone again, so you can do it :) I still have about another 4 stone to go so will be here a while yet:)

I drank a lot of smoothies for breakfast the first time round. I never synned them, I have to say. I'd make them with a banana, a handful of whatever berries I had to hand, 0% Total greek yogurt and water. I always put the fruit/yogurt on my food diary separately! Controversial I know, but it never seemed to do my losses any harm. I never had any more fruit in my smoothie than I would have had for breakfast anyway, so I didn't see why it had to be synned just because I'd blended it.

Awww thats very nice of you to support me on this journey, iam a mere 5/6 days in again and it feels like such a long road ahead and what scares me is can I stay on this track to the end? coz ive gotten off so many times when ive lost a stone or two.

I need to stay on at all times

I lost around 9 stone and ended up gaining about 4 back on. Scary how easy it is done.

Reading this post what stands out to me is you saying about staying on track till the end, hope you don't mind me saying but I don't think there is an end if we want to lose and not regain which is difficult and you say in this thread that you are an all or nothing kind of girl. It being forever doesn't mean we can't have treats or meals out but that we need to stay in control And get back on ttrack the meal/day after.

I am trying to do this and its blooming frustrating but I don't want to go back to where I was before I lost 9 stone and want to go back as close as possible to when I had lost it. The weight seems to be coming off slowly nowadays and if I have off plan days it goes back on v.quickly but I keep getting back on track and chipping away and hopefully I will get there!

Hope some of this makes sense/helps you.

Good luck x

Hi Nat and welcome back to Minis. :) I'm sure you'll manage it all over again and, like you said before, cooking can be a pleasure so good luck with your culinary skills and your weight loss too!

Kathy xx

Hi Nat and welcome back to Minis. :) I'm sure you'll manage it all over again and, like you said before, cooking can be a pleasure so good luck with your culinary skills and your weight loss too!

Kathy xx

Your all so supportive on here,I love you all x

I lost around 9 stone and ended up gaining about 4 back on. Scary how easy it is done.

Reading this post what stands out to me is you saying about staying on track till the end, hope you don't mind me saying but I don't think there is an end if we want to lose and not regain which is difficult and you say in this thread that you are an all or nothing kind of girl. It being forever doesn't mean we can't have treats or meals out but that we need to stay in control And get back on ttrack the meal/day after.

I am trying to do this and its blooming frustrating but I don't want to go back to where I was before I lost 9 stone and want to go back as close as possible to when I had lost it. The weight seems to be coming off slowly nowadays and if I have off plan days it goes back on v.quickly but I keep getting back on track and chipping away and hopefully I will get there!

Hope some of this makes sense/helps you.

Good luck x
I agree yes I meed to stop seeing a finish line.....I will visualise it as a vip area from now on and I juat wish to reach the area and stay within it.
Thanks

I'm inpatient too, so many clothes in smaller sizes which i find annoying at times but its a bit like the hare and the tortoise.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Hope your having a good day are you doing any body magic or are you just concentrating on the healthy eating side of things?

I started doing the Couch to 5k app on my phone and i have entered a race in June. Its a 5k race for childrens hospice, which i intend to either jog or run the whole of the 5k. Its hard work training at the moment as im carrying what feels like an extra person on my back but hoping it gets easier as the weight goes lol.

Mx

I'm inpatient too, so many clothes in smaller sizes which i find annoying at times but its a bit like the hare and the tortoise.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Hope your having a good day are you doing any body magic or are you just concentrating on the healthy eating side of things?

I started doing the Couch to 5k app on my phone and i have entered a race in June. Its a 5k race for childrens hospice, which i intend to either jog or run the whole of the 5k. Its hard work training at the moment as im carrying what feels like an extra person on my back but hoping it gets easier as the weight goes lol.

Mx

I tried couch to 5k last year and thought I was doing well, 4 weeks in and i was running for 5 whole minutes which for me was an accomplished but ill b honeat I was finding it veey boring, I cant switch my brain off and go to a good place, I just feel like 5 mims is forever, not Coz am tired, but out of boredom..
Also I have a very mobile job and I was begining to have foot and knee issues and when it affects me in work I need to b careful. So I knocked it on the head, iam not a runner, no matter how many times I try getting into it!

I run on a rebounder (mini trampoline) as I have a damaged knee, it absorbs all the impact and prevents joint problems :)

I tried couch to 5k last year and thought I was doing well, 4 weeks in and i was running for 5 whole minutes which for me was an accomplished but ill b honeat I was finding it veey boring, I cant switch my brain off and go to a good place, I just feel like 5 mims is forever, not Coz am tired, but out of boredom.. Also I have a very mobile job and I was begining to have foot and knee issues and when it affects me in work I need to b careful. So I knocked it on the head, iam not a runner, no matter how many times I try getting into it!

I'm on week 4 so running for 5 mins at a time but I have someone to run with plus a damn good running album to listen too.

You could always do some exercise which isn't impacting your knees and feet. Perhaps swimming or cycling??

Well done on your first weigh in what a fabulous start to your weight loss journey :)

What are your food plans for this week??

I've bought a recipe book from class and tonight I'm going to cook jerk chicken with jamacan rice all syn free :)

Woohoo well done! :party0011:

Hi Nat,

I came across your diary and I too am in the same boat, although I gained 4 stones back in 9 months :eek:!

You're first weigh in is amazing! You're obviously well on track!

Anyway I thought I'd subscribe :) xx

Wow! That is an amazing first week's loss, Nat! You must be feeling so good about that. Absolutely, well done!!:banana dancer::wee::woohoo::party0011: xx

First WI -8lb! Whoop :bliss:

Well Done!

Well done on your first weigh in what a fabulous start to your weight loss journey :)

What are your food plans for this week??

I've bought a recipe book from class and tonight I'm going to cook jerk chicken with jamacan rice all syn free :)

That sounds yum! What book is it in please?

Well Done!

That sounds yum! What book is it in please?

The recipe was in a book that's a 100 recipes that can be cooked in 30 mins. When I get home I will take a pic of the front cover.

There are some lovely recipes in the book and today I will be doing the cottage pie that's in there.

I find it helps me if I try loads of new recipes so that I don't get bored plus it doesn't feel like a diet at all.

I only cook recipes that are syn free as I like to use my syncs on my medium skinny latte and a curly wurly every day. Easily pleased I am lol ha ha

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hi Nat,

I came across your diary and I too am in the same boat, although I gained 4 stones back in 9 months :eek:!

You're first weigh in is amazing! You're obviously well on track!

Anyway I thought I'd subscribe :) xx

Thank you for subscribing, iam sure we can do this together and lift each other when we are feeling down.

Do u like thai curry, try this 1syn curry
Screenshot_2015-04-15-21-31-48.png

Its totally addictive and done and cooking away in 20mins x

Ok so iam trying to prepare for a weigh in much less than my 8lb because on my mid week weigh check its hardly moved and ive been so good but I suppose I should be happy with any loss but I go on holiday in 6 weeks and im desperately trying to loose 2 stone by this holiday.

I have been so organised this week.....tupperware is my friend!

Back