Feel like crying

Determined Girl

Here's hoping
Hey gang,

well after my 3lb loss last week (totm) I was expecting something a bit more this week. I'm just back from WI and feel like bursting into tears. Another 3lbs. I know it's 30lbs in 4 weeks...BUT it's only 6lbs in a fortnight...and it's not like I'm near goal or have been on LT for ages where you'd expect it to drop off a bit.

Also...the woman today seemed a bit unsure. I was 112.2 kgs on the scales and she converted that to 17stone 9lbs. Can anyone who is good at maths (or has a converter) tell me if that's definitely right? I just felt I'd lost more than 3lbs this week.

I don't understand- I've not had so much as a mouthful of diet coke...or even a TASTE of food. I know I shouldn't but I've been scanning other people's losses for wk 3 and 4 and I seem to be well down. I'm trying to comfort myself with the 'bigger picture' but the nagging voice in my head is telling me 'you'd do better than 6lbs in a fortnight on weight watchers'. I'm not giving up- but the truth is that this is the lowest I've felt on the programme. I just can't feel positive about it tonight.

Thanks for listening- I know I probably sound stupid and I should be happy to lose at all. It's just that I'm really struggling to get my head round this weeks WI.

This is one of the times I really wish my Mum was still here so I could blub into her shoulder and have me tell me it's all ok. It's also the kind of feeling that drives me to self-destructive over-eating and drinking....and it's taking every shred of 'determined girl' will power not to right now. :(

Big love to all

xxx

yep defo 17 stone 9 hun x

sorry your upset with that.
as you can see from my losses i lose low numbers compared to some.
i've decided that 3-4lbs a week would be great and anything more is a bonus.

Babes you are losing more then some of the people here :) including the wee me.

This is the website I use for converting everything into everything. Not sure If I am allowed to post it but heck I will do it for you hahahaha
Keep your chin up, just look at other peoples posts and see how they progress. Look at how much you have lost overall and how you feel.

Just look at my week 2, 3, 4, 5 :)

Do NOT give up!!!

Weight Converter

ah hun, sorry ur feeling down.
theres 2.2lbs to 1kg. think its about right from what i just worked out.
r u exercising hun? sometimes u gain muscle. muscle is heavier than fat.

try and stick with it. 3lb a week is still a good weight loss. might have a big one next wk.

u can do it hun

x x

you're doing amazingly well luce.
don't feel let down by what you have achieved.
you don't want to lose huge numbers every week because you may just get left with saggy skin.
this way you can tone up as you go.
have you tried cutting down on your exercise?
i found if i drank less water it helped a little(i have 3)i know some say the more you drink the better though.

i don't think you can consistantly lose 3lb every single week on ww/sw etc.
some weeks yes but it will vary.
this way you know it will be at least that hun.

please stay positive.
could it still be from totm?i used to weigh more for 2 weeks x

Don't be so upset, afterall, you have lost 30lbs in just 4 weeks, how long would that take on WW? You are doing fantastic, I have lost 29lbs in 5 weeks, so you are doing better than me!
Anyway, keep focused, and think of the end result!

I know exactly how you feel as I've had two weeks of low losses and those resulting 'I might as well be at weightwatchers' moments too! However, the reality is that you would have had a couple of big losses there too and then slipped to no more than 2lbs per week. As it is, you've had MASSIVE losses so far and though 3lbs each week is a bit disappointing, Lipotrim does say that the 3-4lbs per week is to be expected for a woman, no more. Whatever you do, don't give up!!! You'll get there and will probably find that you'll have more weeks where it's only 3lbs and then others where it's a good bit more.

For what it's worth, I had a really low point at around week 5. I don't know if this is typical or not but i just felt so fed up with it all, bored with the shakes and to cap it all, no-one had noticed any of my 2.5 stone weight loss (and that really is depressing!) But I stuck with it, got over the low point and am now feeling better. I can see the difference and so can others and for the first time in a long while, I can really believe that my goal weight WILL be reality - and in a relatively short space of time.

I always love your posts as they are so positive and they've made me smile on numerous occasions so keep smiling yourself. I know you'll do it :)

My second & third week losses add up to the same as your 3rd & 4th! I know it's hard not to be disheartened (am anticipating a very small loss this week & know I'll be depressed about it!) But, at the end of the day, you know you're sticking to the programme & if you look at peoples losses it really does seem to even out to a stone a month.

Well done on the loss though - 3lbs is nothing to be sniffed at! Sorry you're not feeling too good about it right now, I hope you feel better soon!

Hannah

aww hun it`s not like you to be so low, i know how your feeling though, i`v had a couple of poor weeks too and it is very dissheartening when we do get them, but looking at the over all picture where else would you lose 30lb in 4 weeks thats bloody amazing even for lt standards hun.. with having such a big weight loss the 1st week and then having a good 1 the second week maybe your body`s evening itself out now ready 4 the long hall as we say, as long as your hitting over a stone a month thats all we should really expect and anything more iss a bonus.. hope your back to your happy chirpy self soon hun xxx

It's all a matter of perspective. Because you had such a massive initial loss (well done on that by the way!) everything after that is going to be a hard act to follow.

I have set myself a target of between 3 and 6lbs a week to lose (which seems realistic when looking at others losses), and this week was only 1lb and that includes a good session at the gym, but I'm ok with it.

I suppose if you 'only' lost three pounds each week, that's still roughly a stone per calendar month which is pretty damn good in my book.

Hopefully yours will average out over a month and things will look better next week.

I would loved to have lost 3lbs this week, and like you I haven't cheated in any way.

Good luck Determined Girl, and stay true to your name!

-Pete.

dont set your targets too high stick at it and you will get there in the end. I remember only losing a couple of pounds for a few weeks and then on my 7th week I lost 7 pounds.

Aww hun, not much I can add to the others. You really gave me inspiration when I felt down. i've checked google and it says 112.2kg = 17.6684756 stone so i make it 17.7stone rounded up. Like the others have said, a loss is a loss, and i'm sure it will be better next week. Don't give up determined girl :)

hey chick,

According to my converter you are 17st 6lbs. Im quite confident its correct if that helps!
Ive been pretty down this week too, the novelty has worn off and Im bored. I just keep telling myself, its not forever! Youre doing so well, lets hang in there together.
Dont be so hard on yourself!
xx

Determined girl, this sounds so unlike you. You have a lot more spirit than that. Everyone is right , 30lbs in four weeks is truly fab. Over two stone in a month,come on, what other diet would you make that kind of progress on??? I will be over the moon if I can get anything near that. Chin up and keep at it.

Hi Luce,
congrats on your weight loss, 3lb of fat has disappeared forever, well done you.
It can be upsetting when we see what we believe is a low weight loss (others would cross red hot coals for it) and that is why it is important to keep perspective.
Have you done your inch loss this week, did you take any measurements, what doesn't show on the scales sometimes shows on the measuring tape.

Just thought I'd copy your signature phrase here, read it, believe it and live it Luce.

:)Once you choose hope ANYTHING is possible:)

Doirin

Dont be upset. You've done so well. I think its just a bit of a shock because u had tremendous loses in your first couple of weeks. :eek::eek:

Your still losing and thats great. At the end of the day would you have lost the 3lbs on your fourth week at WW or SW? Probably not. By now you'd be lucky to shift a pound or two a week.

30lbs is so so good. Be proud of your achievement and treat yourself to a nice cold glass of fizzy water :D

Dont you dare give up. You've come so far.

xx

*hugest hugs ever* Awww sweetheart, I so wish you didn't feel like this. I wish you could see yourself like we all do - A wonderful, determined weight loss machine who has lost 2 stone 2 lbs in 4 weeks. You are incredible. You're always there for people telling them to keep going strong in times of disappointment or upset. I only wish you could listen to that part of you and take your own advice, as your advice is always right.

You would be lucky to lose that amount on weight on WW. You've averaged 7.5lbs a week! 7.5lbs a week on WW is unheard of. When I did WW I was lucky to lose 7lb in month and felt as if I was starving myself! The grass is never greener on the other side. Have you still got TOTM? I started mine yesterday and I'm blown up with water retention and the water stays around for a week. Could you still be full of fluid? Have you calmed down in the gym? Maybe you're having a couple of steady weeks. Steady is the new black, it's the way forward. It's much easier to tone after a steady weight loss.

My chemist told me that 3-4lbs a week is perfectly normal for a lady, as a stone a month is the goal. You are way above the goal! You're doing absolutely fantastically brilliant and you're still my :queen: of LT

I adore your honesty Luce. You wear your heart on you sleeve and your heart is gold. Your Mama would be so proud of you and all your hard work and determination. She would be so happy that you are looking after yourself and putting yourself first in order to live a happy, healthy life. Please please please read back the advice and support you give others and see how wonderful that advice can be, and promise me you'll try to live by it.

Loads of Love

X

hey hun sori u feelin down but 3lb is a good loss, this diet promises that every week but if u do get more lucky u, so u losin wot is expected.

u wouldnt lose this much on WW or any food diet unless u were really really lucky, i did WW perfectly 1 wk an only lost 1/2lb. :(

plus look at the bigger picture u lost over 2 stone in 4 weeks!!! u would NEVER do that on any food diet!!!

also my mum sed that wot u losin now is actual fat as apposed to water which is why the weight loss has slowed.

this diet is also a detox which is fab 4 skin, hair an nails. it gives u a break from food so u can reassess ur eatin habits an once u at target av a sensible plan ready 2 follow.

so carry on hun an think of that lil black dress u will b wearin at all those christmas parties!!! :)

Thank you all so much...

I'm sat here tippy tapping away and crying...but in a good way. I feel overwhelmed by the love and support you guys give me. I feel really humbled by it.

Your encouragement means the world- I feel so much more positive, motivated and driven after reading all these lovely messages.

As soon as I got back from the chemist I was straight on here to pour my heart out and as soon as I did I felt better....and reading all these messages...well I feel a HUNDRED times better.

I think you're an incredibly special bunch of people- I feel honoured to know you all.

Thank you

Luce xxx

Back