Feel like giving up.

minirog

Silver Member
It's just too hard. I made the mistake of having an 'unofficial weigh in' today (my actual weight day is Thursday) and had lost 2lbs. I was really disappointed because I feel all this hard work is worth more than that. I know I shouldn't have weighed and I'm such a moaner, but I'm really low. I stuck to the diet 100% and I exercised for 45 mins every other day. It's just not good enough.

I need food. I wish I could be fat and proud and live with the way I am. Gosh this is just too hard for me.

It all sucks. I suck. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

hey buddy.
I 'only' lost 3lbs on my second week and was gutted, had the whole 'What's the point of this if I only lose 3lbs' thing in my head. But then I took a step back and realised that 'only' 3lbs in my 2nd week added to the 10lbs in my first week was a hell of a loss and wouldn't be do-able on any other diet.
It is entirely your call on what to do with your life etc, but I would suggest sticking it out for another week or so if you can manage to. Quite often after a 'small' loss you get a big one as a reward.
Do you think maybe you could try ss+ with some chicken? Apparently the losses are very similar xx

Noooooooo don't do it :) you don't suck! I've just come back to this site, I've just posted a new thread about my endless journey.. this diet is hard and there are day's that suck.. BUT look at how much you have lost in the last two weeks.. set yourself a non food reward for making it through the hard day's even if its a warm bath a new lipstick or whatever.. small steps and hour by hour.. I'm positive today because its my restart I may be calling on you when the crappy bit starts :eek: dig deep and good luck xx

Also, I have heard from some people that exercising actually slows down the losses and makes them feel hungry too. I have not done any 'extra' exercise as such - my job is very active so for 4 hours each morning I barely sit down. And I take the dog for a short walk (cant go too far due to needing to pee so frequently!) and I've walked into town a couple of times. That's it.

Thanks. I'm sorry for moaning. I just feel really broken by it all today :(

I keep wondering about SS+ but think that I am an 'all or nothing' sort of person. It's not good to be that way but I can't seem to avoid it.

Why the hell did I let myself get so obese in the first place? Bu*@er!

I know how you feel, I'm having a really crappy day too hun. A kid in the post office loudly said he didnt want to stand next to the fat lady (me) cos 'she is so fat'. That, added to feeling lousy with tonsillitis has made me feel really low but in a way it has spurred me on to continue. It is hard, and like you, I am an all or nothing person. Done 26 whole days on strict 100% SS and managing fine at the mo, but have to say I've been dreaming of Pizza all bloody day long. As long as I only dream of it I'll be fine.

As I said, only you can decide what to do, it's your life and your journey xx

It's just too hard. I made the mistake of having an 'unofficial weigh in' today (my actual weight day is Thursday) and had lost 2lbs. I was really disappointed because I feel all this hard work is worth more than that. I know I shouldn't have weighed and I'm such a moaner, but I'm really low. I stuck to the diet 100% and I exercised for 45 mins every other day. It's just not good enough.

I need food. I wish I could be fat and proud and live with the way I am. Gosh this is just too hard for me.

It all sucks. I suck. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

it looks like week 3 syndrome. stick with it. week 3 is known to be a down point. just think.... there's no other regular diet that you can loose so much in such short space of time. 2lb on weight watchers was a good week for me. you can do it. don't give up.

:hug99::hug99::hug99:I know how you feel, trust me - but stick with it, you'll be glad you did!!

xxx

Guys you are all so lovely. Thank you xxx

hey we have all had those days when we think whats the point i only lost 2 lbs lets just eat the whole contents of the fridge out of self pity... 2 weeks ago i was really upset as i lost nothing desspite trying really hard and was so down but like the guys here have said sometimes its the week after that you lose weight, since then ive lost 5lbs and each week even though it may only be 2 or 3lbs in the end its all adding up towards the bigger picture... so keep going some of us can drop the weight so quickly some of us do it the long hard way but in the end we all get there. chin up to a better day tommorrow!

Honey..... Try not to over do the excersise on ss, it's not recommended really just gentle toning etc x

apart from that, we all have down days on cd and it is a fantastic diet if followed to the letter, but not everyone loses high numbers every week..... I never! Average I lost weekly was 2-3 pound but I got there in the end

Keep going!

I know exactly how you feel. I'm having it today too. I'm wondering what the point is and I'm missing food and eating out with my friends. I think we all get through these days. It's not an easy diet, but praise yourself for doing it and sticking to it. Be proud of what you've reached so far :)

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I managed to get through the night without straying from the diet path. I'll wait until my official weigh in on Thursday. If I can get to three pounds by then, then I'll keep it up. In my head there is a massive difference between 2 and 3 lbs. Fingers crossed.

I honestly can't thank you all enough for accompanying me on my little melt downs. Hopefully I can do the same for you!

Let's stick at it and ALL get there - me included.

Thank you x

Hey minirog, glad you made it through the evening x
I know what you mean ref a difference between 2 and 3lbs hun - when I lost the 3lbs I was absolutely gutted that it wasn't 4.....I guess we always strive for more, no matter what don't we. Sometimes we have to have that head vs heart talk. Our head knows it's all acceptable etc, but our heart is disappointed.

I know that I get a bit despondant when I see people who have had 'little nibbles' through the weeks lose more weight than me when I am being 100%, it seems unfair, but I understand that we all have ways of doing things, and we all lose weight/inches differently. I bet if you do your measurements you will find that you have had a good inch loss so far. To me, the inches are as important, if not more so, than the actual weight xxxx

Keep at it, we're all here for you.

dont give up hun, thats what i did last year and here i am again half a stone heavier than my starting weight last time trying again. after cambridge slimming clubs just dont cut it 1-2 pounds loss a week is just not enough hang on in there it will be worth it xxx

I shouldn't weigh before my weigh day, last week it was encouraging, but this week it's made me really down. If I do stick with it then I'm going to stay away from the scales until my proper weigh day. Or at least try to.

It's reassuring to know we all go through this though.

Me x

i started exercising and had a 1lbs loss and then a sts week. last week i did not exercise, partly cos i was busy, and partly cos i was getting hungrier and thought it was contributing to no losses. what happened was that i lost 5lbs. dont be disheartened, we all have bad days, but you MUST stick to it. i know its your life and you can do what you want but you sounded low in your thread hun and CD losses can give you a real high! pls hang in there. i lose about 1-2lbs a week and believe me it ALL adds up. you dont suck, you come across as a sweet, kind, intelligent and funny person. your life is out there waiting for you - go grab it girl! i used to think i sucked at everything too, but i have much more self confidence and self esteem now. dont let food stop you, its NOT WORTH IT. you are.

Leeds, that was a great post. Thanks.

I am low generally at the moment so I don't think that helps really. Anyway, back on the horse - onwards and downwards if you see what I mean!

Me x

p.s. well done on your -5..... AWESOME!!!! You must be thrilled.

Back