feel like Im wasting my time!

aurora24

Hi all have been doing sw for 3 weeks now and have lost the grand total of 1lb:cry:
I have been 100% all the way through but its not working!
I was doing cambridge before I started so am wondering if this is the problem?

I lost 1.5lbs the 1st week and GAINED 1/2lb the second:eek:
My consultant said that my food diary is spot on and she would have expected a 2lb loss this week.

I am seriously considering giving up as its humiliating to gain weight when I have been so good and made much worse that the slimmer of the week lost 3.5lbs and cheated during the week!!

So has anyone else done cambridge and then sw and did this happen to you?

I haven't but over the months quite a few people who have swapped from things like the CD to SW have reported a gain in the first couple of weeks while their bodies adjust.

Give it another couple of weeks and I'm sure you're body will stop being so mean to you xx

That must be really frustrating, but I agree with above - give it a while longer, your body might just need to adjust.

I moved from CD to SW last year. I didnt gain and continued to lose BUT i only did red days and avoided bread totally. I also kept my water intake up. After a month I introduced carbs slowly and never had a problem HOWEVER i know some people who move do.

Which plan are you doing, green, red or EE or a bit of all. SW will work but you have to discover what works for your body. I cant do green days as they bloat me out.

For what it is worth, if you enjoy SW then stick with it.

xx

I was on Low carb before but i ahve eben doing sw since September to no avail. I got a feeling this week will be my last despite buying a 6 week countdown

Is cambridge essentially atkins? Because i did atkins last year and went on to a low calorie and i put on about half a stone straight away but it dropped off again. Trust me it will come off. ur body is getting used to the carbs again, what days are u do mainly? Green is obviously high in carbs so maybe stick to red instead? I also gained my first week of SW then stayed the same i was gutted and nearly burst into tears but then the week after i dropped 5!!

Im on my 5th week and only lost 2.5lbs so i no exactly where you coming from, feels like doing it all for nothing, i have put this a few times on post if you click my name and look at my post maybe someone on them might be able to give the advice which might be good for you, stick at it even though i want to munch on anything tonight but not just want to give up good luck hun

You must be frustrated, I certainly would be- I know how I felt losing 1/2lb this week after being on plan 100%!! HOWEVERRR, try and look at it logically, if you're eating really healthily and food optimising on SW, you are bound to lose the weight you want to in time!! It may not be quick results you get, especially as you/others have said your body is probably still adjusting from CD (you're now eating a lot more etc so your body is prob very confused right now!) but you WILL get there! It's definitely not a waste of time, because you're massively improving your lifestyle and the food you eat- it's going to have amazing benefits to your health so so what if it takes time to get where you want!! There's no sense in giving up, eating lots of junk and putting a load of weight back on again! I'd rather suffer a bit of frustration at a slow weight loss than the misery of feeling fat and having to wear bigger and bigger clothes, totally lacking in confidence and avoiding social situations because of my weight!! Stick with it and you WILL reap all the benefits!!!XXXX

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I have been following EE.
Cambridge is a meal replacement diet so have been having a maximum of 500cals a day on it!

If I give up sw it will be to go back to cd as I definately dont want to be gaining any weight!
I dont want to go back on cd as I dont feel it is a healthy way to lose weight.

I lost 7st in 2008 using cd but gained back 4 stone when I was pregnant with my twins! I went back on cd when they were 12 weeks old and lost 2 stone for my wedding on 14th december 2009 but then stopped for xmas I regained 1/2 stone and went back on it but decided I wanted to do it a healthier way so switched to sw and now the weight just aint coming off.

I am happy to lose the weight alot slower and a consistent 1lb a week would be fine but to GAIN weight is just devastating!!
I am gonna give it another week and see what happens and then will have to make some decisions.

That's good aurora24! As long as you find what suits you best and a plan that you can maintain forever, I think that's the secret! I think you'll enjoy SW and all the yummy food and flexibility that it offers! I just hope that you start seeing the results you want soon because that will give you faith in the plan and keep you motivated!XXX

Keep at it. It will work.

Gaining 1/2 lb is nothin really and I certainly wouldnt worry about it, so new into the diet.

You have come from a very restricted low calorie diet to a healthy filled plan, it will take a little while for your body to adjust.

SW is a plan you can do for life once you get used to it.

Your body is most likely in shock from getting all these good foods and is holding onto it all in the fear you will go back to seriously restricting yourself again. Once it realises that isnt the case it will begin to come off at a nice steady pace. I know that probably sounds madness, but it is actually true.

Don't give up just yet. :)

I think from switching from a vlc diet to a 'healthy eating plan' your body will take a while to adjust. Youre going to be taking in more calories than you were before for a while, but youre still eating less calories than youre burning so eventually it will even out and yourll be losing like someone who hadnt switched. Dont worry hunny :)

Hi all have been doing sw for 3 weeks now and have lost the grand total of 1lb:cry:
I have been 100% all the way through but its not working!
I was doing cambridge before I started so am wondering if this is the problem?

I lost 1.5lbs the 1st week and GAINED 1/2lb the second:eek:
My consultant said that my food diary is spot on and she would have expected a 2lb loss this week.

I am seriously considering giving up as its humiliating to gain weight when I have been so good and made much worse that the slimmer of the week lost 3.5lbs and cheated during the week!!

So has anyone else done cambridge and then sw and did this happen to you?

Honey im feeling your pain! I had a 0.5lb gain in my first week, now it's my second and i'm just feeling FAT, like ive gained nothing :sigh:

Your body has been in starvation mode for such a long time (500 cals per day) that anything you eat now will be stored in case of famine again. Once your body realises that it will get a constant supply of food your metabolism will rev up again and you will soon start loosing. This may take a good 3 or even 4 weeks. on average for comparison, your intake will be around 1200- 1500 calories a day with SW. the right amount a woman needs to loose weight and keep it off. The slower the better in the long run. Take heart and look after your body by giving it lots of well needed nourishing foods xx

Back