Feel like I've really let hubby down :(

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by sarah5, 3 April 2007 Social URL.

1. sarah5

sarah5 Full Member

Diet:
    was Lighterlife - moved to Cambridge
    My husband is a wonderful man but is really quite fat-ist (if there is such a word!). As some of you may know, I lost 3.5 stone doing LL last summer and he was SO proud of me :D , always commenting on how wonderful I looked.

I have just told him that I'm going to start WW tonight (have been putting off telling him cos I know what he would say) and I can just tell what he's thinking and I feel so sad that I have piled back on all that weight I lost last year. I know he thinks that I'm a gluttenous pig (which I am) and that WW will also be a waste of time.

I just wish I could do this for ME and not worry about what he's thinking all the time :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya Sarah

Ok don't let it get you down, your BMI still on 27.1 so you are barely overweight so don't start beating yourself up! Drink loads of water, stick to a good healthy WW diet and by the summer you'll be back down to where you want to be.

M.

4. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Sarah

I always think what other people think of me but you have to do it for yourself. I have had people try and put me off going to one slimming club always pulling it down to me then the person is going there her self so you look after yourself honey

5. sarah5

sarah5 Full Member

Diet:
    Oh Mike thank you for your message, I don't know if you remember me :( You were my huge motivation to do LL/CD and here I bloomin well am back at square one. Once again, I bow to you having lost all that weight and not put it back on again. Wish I could say the same.

Sorry I sound so miserable, am not really that bad just very cross with myself!

6. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Well use the "very cross" to be the motivation to get busy with water, busy with a few walks and avoid the bad stuff while you trim down again. Don't underestimate the strength you have to do it again but this time you MUST plan for keeping it off and make the small changes to maintain this time.

But don't beat yourself up! That will lead to nibbling and that is a vicious circle you don't want to be in.

Now if you stick to a good diet and drink the water then you'll be finished and maintaining by the time Wimbledon starts, that is no time at all so get drinking and smile as the first tennis ball gets played as you sit there at goal weight.

Go for it..

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I understand how you feel. I used to think in a similar way. Always wondering whether DH thought I was nuts.

In the end I think he just thought it was part of being a woman. You know...periods once a month and slimming clubs in January :D

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Dont feel youre letting anyone down. Im sure he loves you whatever weight you are. Anyway give it a couple of weeks and when he sees youre determined and the weight is coming off he'll be totally proud.

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oh hun, I feel really bad for you, I know exactly how you feel.

I went down to 9st 6lb when I first got with OH and I remember clearly him telling me how he could see I'd lost weight and that I looked good. That was the last time I remember him saying anything remotely complimentary, and now I weighed in at 11st 10lb when I started ww a few weeks ago - OH doesn't know that though!

It's a horrible feeling to worry about what a partner thinks of you, I for one hate it - it really really gets me down, so I know how you feel.

I hope you get to where you want to be, and although I'd love to say "do it for you" I know that in reality you'll probably always be doing it for him. But whatever the motivation, weather it's initially for you or for someone else, I expect that when you get to where you want to be you will be so much happier in yourself, so take whatever motivation you have (in your case your hubby) and use it to your advantage!

I wish you all the luck in the world with your ww journey and I can't wait to see how you get on.

Good luck hun!

10. sarah5

sarah5 Full Member

Diet:
    Thank you for such lovely comments everyone, I went to my first meeting last night and am hoping that this is the right thing for me to lose weight and keep it off forever. I really do not wish to spend my life yo-yo dieting, what a waste of time that would be.

Anyway day 1 and feeling great and very motivated. Thank goodness for this fabulous forum, which I will be visiting daily to chat to you lovely people :D x

11. sarah5

sarah5 Full Member

Diet:
    hmm i don't think my ticker is correct there is no way my bmi is only 25 :eek:

12. sarah5

sarah5 Full Member

Diet:
    aha that's better.. sorry chaps just talking to myself :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.