Feel like rubbish need to let it out !!!!!! :(

Billie-x

Hi guys,
Need to get this out there. I started slimming world again on the 24th Jan, so on 2nd week now. Did it a few years ago and lost 3 stone, I cant believe I let myself get so big. I weighed in at 22.11lbs. 4 stone bigger than when i started last time :(
Felt awful. I cant bear to look at my self, ive got so much to aim for, holiday in November and me and partner are thinking about children but I will not try until Ive lost the weight. I dont think I realised how big I have got...feel so sad in myself and angry
that I have let it happen.
Week 1 was good lost 5 1/2 lb. Stuck to it, was great. My weigh in day was Thursday, Friday was good, Saturday was terrible. I binged on chocolate all day, ate everything I should not. I know its wrong, I cried and cried after, Today I went for lunch
with friends, I had a good meal, but then I had a pudding :( Really bad..And to make matters worse I got on the scales today and im weighing in 4lbs more than thursday.
So feeling terrible Ive been to tesco and got myself a weeks supply of their version of slim fast. I had one this evening for dinner. I also have just got back in from a hour and a half walk with some light jogging. Plan to swim a few times and go out for a
walk in the evenings.
Ive got so much to lose, and I know I will be so happy and confident when the weight is gone. I just cant break my relationship with food. Im feeling really down about it all, I just wanted to let it out...
Thanks xxx

Aw, I know how you feel, believe me, but don't take today's scales results as gospel. Stick with your Thursday weigh in and don't pay attention to any other readings on any other scales ;) I've made that mistake, and it only makes you feel worse.
Give SW a good full month, and I bet you'll see the weight come off :D stay focussed, don't beat yourself up about the pudding today, just a minor hiccup.

Sit down tonight and plan for the next couple of days, and you'll feel better I bet.

Hope you feel better about it in the morning x

Breath..,,stop being so hard on yourself....you can do it..draw a line under the pudding stick to plan and exercise...you will see the results....you don't have to break your relationship with good, just change it...I tried milkshake replacement, lasted an hour ;)
Have a look at the inspirational stories and start planning...that may help!
Good luck matey x

Billie, you can do it you have before! Forget the last few days and start again. It's like when I tired to stop smoking in the past I'd manage a week, a months then upto 10 months before I finally gave in. I think sometimes its the same with food. I've lost 4 stone in the past and then just regained and more. But our day will come just keep soldiering on. You've got a big bright future ahead of you! :bighug:

Ok, did it take you a week to put on the weight you want to lose or did it happen slowly and gradually? I'm guessing the latter. I know its easy to want it off yesterday but your first week proves you can do it and it works. Yes you've had a slip up but in the big scale of things,when you hit target and stay there are you going to be worrying about the 2 bad days near the beginning of your journey that was a minor hiccup slowing down one weeks loss? I hope not!
Plan your meals for the week and use your syns for what you really really fancy. You can do this xx

Do not take this as a failure it's just a hic up
Just think what you used to eat before you started SW and I'm sure you would not have stopped at one binge day and a pudding!
So congratulate yourself draw a line under the last 2 days ( have you seen how many Syns in meal replacements and you've had nothing to eat in the end !) there's plenty free low SYN proper meals if you're stuck plenty on here or read some diaries for ideas
Good luck Billie

Calm down and stop being so hard on yourself, we all have our weak moments. Write down how you feel right now and then get back on plan, next time your tempted to go off plan look at how you felt and think about whether what you want is worth it or not?
You can do it, you know you can as you've done it before :)

Also every so often a pudding isn't going to stop you loosing weight, sometimes we're out with friends and want a pudding, there's nothing wrong with that

I can only agree with what the others have said. What would you say to a friend who told you this story - would you call them a failure? Of course not, we are so much harder on ourselves than other people though.

SW did a survey not so long ago of their target members asking them what they thought the key points for successful slimming were. And high up there on the list was not letting one bad day drag on and become a bad week and so on, the important thing was just getting over it and climbing back on that SW wagon. One thing you might want to do though is have a think about why it happened and come up with a plan for what you are going to do next time those circumstances happen. otherwise it is all too easy to revert back to old habits. So say you are going for lunch with your friend again you could find out where you are going, look at the menu and decide what pudding to have, then just save some syns in the run up to the day to cover yourself. Easy! Then there is no feeling guilty about having a pudding. I mean seriously, are you never going to have a pudding again lol :)

I agree with what everyone else has said. I understand exactly how you feel, and why you rushed out and bought a bunch of meal replacements, but what I've come to realise is that there is no magic shortcut (unfortunately). I've tried everything - low carbs, no carbs, low fat, low calorie etc etc - but I got bored, impatient and fell back into old habits. And when my will slipped and I ended up eating something I shouldn't, I used that as an excuse to just pacman my way through everything in sight. I'm only on week 2 with SW, like you - except I only lost 2lb the first week! You've done really well so far, and yes it might seem like a mountain to climb right now, but the time'll pass anyway, so just get back on it and promise yourself you won't beat yourself up when you slip up. It doesn't change anything anyway, so channel your energy into getting back on plan :) ...and throw out the meal replacements, no one should have to suffer those things! :p

I'd just like to add as well that people slip up all the way along the journey - not just at the beginning. I WI on Wednesdays and as of last week i have one pound to go!!

BUT I have had an awful weekend food and booze wise so I won't be seeing that magic number on the scales this week. But it's not the end of the world because today I am back on plan and if its not this week, it will be next week and ill get there.

SW takes getting used to and you need to give yourself time to adjust back into the routine. Planning is key so make a meal plan and stick to it. Make sure you have super free and free food around for snacks and make sure you are 100% on plan from now (and use your syns!!)

Have to agree it happens all the time, I've been at target for a year but am on the cusp of coming out, yet this week when I really need to loose I've let a couple of extra things slip in which I normally wouldn't and I have no idea why. Hopefully I'll still see a loss as they were only little things, but if I don't loose I only have myself to blame, but at the end of the day, its not the end of the world, tomorrow is another day :)

You've been given lots and lots of good advice here so I won't repeat it. What i will say is that I started at a similar weight to you, also a good couple of stone heavier than the previous time I was a sw member and it is depressing. Any goal or target weight seems so far away that it might as well be forever. I took it in small stages, half a stone at a time, or looking forward to dropping into the next stone bracket. I absolutely couldn't look any further into the distance than that. Now, 16months on, I have lost 9 stone and am almost at target. Never ever did I actually think I would get here. Have a look around minimins, especially the photo and recipe threads. They give me no end of inspiration and are what made me believe that sw would work.

And I really believe that you must get rid of the meal replacement things. They will just leave you hungry and then more likely to binge. Sit and make a meal plan for the rest of the week and plan food that you will look forward to eating. Trust in the plan, re-read your books and promise yourself to give it 100% for the week. You will be amazed at just what you can achieve.

Good luck - you can do it. x

Aww Hun it's so so tough. Bad food is a tough addiction to curb but envision yourself how you want to be... It's so worth breaking through that barrier. I've done Cambridge in the past and it left me Ill and depleted. The beauty of sw is that you EAT. Eat and eat the free stuff and you will start to lose. Just limit those treats. If you have a real issue with one particular thing, don't have it. Mine is crisps. I just don't touch them now. I know some consultants say don't ban yourself from everything but we wouldn't recommend an ex smoker have 1 cigarette would we?! You can do this. Think positive and if you need to chat I'm here xx

Everyone has bad days and it's often difficult to resist the temptation of things like dessert (I couldn't resist on Saturday!) Draw a line under that and get back on track, you can do it :) good luck x

Hi guys. Thank you all so much for all your kind words. I'm feeling better now being positive and working hard. Been eating good food and walking most evenings.
Only problem now...ive got chicken pox LOL. So going to be off work for 3 days must keep busy and not get bored as boredem makes me eat!!!
Thank you al so much again xxx

I totally agree with all of these posts, especially Supergirl - look at your weight loss in stages, it won't seem so daunting and will seem more manageable. I knew how much I wanted to lose overall when I started out, but broke it down into half stone chunks, and just took it one step at a time. As you tick off each half stone, you will feel amazing, and you will get to where you want to be, it won't happen overnight but slowly and surely is fine.

Also, keep a food diary every day. Don't stop doing that whilst you are on your SW journey. It will keep you focused.

You can do this :)

Back