Feel like the only one...

emmaleighjohnson

Pink and Fluffy Poster
I started the Cambridge diet with my husband a week last Monday and we're due to weigh in tonight.

I expected fantastic results but, to be honest, I'm not losing a fraction of what I expected.

Considering I've been on this diet for 11 days I have only lost 5lbs which doesn't feel like a lot at all; especially when people tend to drop lots and lots in the first week.

I've not cheated; I've had nothing but shakes, water, coffee and herbal teas. It feels so dissapointing.

Hi emma, 5lbs is a huge loss, this diet is good but it cant work miracles. You may find that you will consistently lose the same amount each week rather than having a huge loss and then a smaller lose. You have lost an amazing amout of weight so far (I assume not on CD from your thread) and the last bit is always the hardest. Stick with it hun, and let us know your official weigh in. It may be more than you think. xx

I went from 16st 8lbs to 10st 10lbs (maintained for ages) on Slimming World then binged my way back up to 12st 8lbs thanks to wedding and work stress. I've come on to Cambridge Diet to get rid of all the stress weight in one fell swoop and go back to mainting with a renewed sense of appreciation for food in general.

I went from 16st 8lbs to 10st 10lbs (maintained for ages) on Slimming World then binged my way back up to 12st 8lbs thanks to wedding and work stress. I've come on to Cambridge Diet to get rid of all the stress weight in one fell swoop and go back to mainting with a renewed sense of appreciation for food in general.

how long did it take you to lose the initial 6 stone?

Keep at it. It's early days yet - maybe your body needs a chance to adjust to the diet.
Good luck
Ceri

I'm just an impatient little bugger. To be honest I think I am blaming the diet for me feeling crap in general.

I am a runner and have been training for the last six weeks. I had some back pain a few weeks ago, which I ignored, my back went into spasm on Saturday which was agony and I did the stupid thing of dosing myself up on painkillers and doing a 5km run on the Sunday.

Doing the run has torn a muscle in my back and I am completely floored now. I can't run, I can barely walk and my cycle to work is now slower than walking. I feel crap, fat... sore... and other negative things. The diet was easier to blame than admit I've been a fool. :sigh:

I'm drinking three litres of fizzy water a day, coffee and tea on top. I am however not peeing half as much as I would expect to but I am not retaining water (I have those crazy scales which tell you what you're made of).

I just need to get a grip and remember the journey is just as important as the destination (and that's why God invented traffic jams).

Don't panic... My friend lost 5lb's the 1st week and then 7lb the 2nd. Everyones weight loss is diferent and 5lb's is a huge amount to lose.. Its the equivalent of 10 packs of butter...

It could be lots of reasons ... TOTM?? been to the loo?? are you drinking your water in large amounts, or in smaller amounts spread throughout the day???

Stick with it - it has to work ... and you might be a 2weekly loser rather tha a weekly loser.

Back