feel so ill

val1960

Hi all,

It's day 17 for me and for the last 2 days i have felt so ill :confused: Totally no energy, cannot lift my head without feeling dizzy, feel totally disorientated as if i have the worst hangover ever, and legs like jelly. I feel as if my blood pressure and blood sugar levels have dropped to a level my body cant cope with? I remember the same thing happeneing when i did cs a couple of years ago. I am drinking loads and loads of water so i know it cant be that.I have stuck to it 100% ... Any thoughts would be greatfully appreciated as i am seriously considering having to come off it and really dont want to, but if it is having this effect on me then i have no choice :break_diet:

Oh no Val! Go and see your chemist ASAP, it may be that LT just doesn't suit you. Good luck with whatever advice you are given.

Have you been exercising more than you would normally ? Last time I did this diet I had those symptoms after over doing exercise and resorted to having a chicken breast

Sorry you are not feeling well Val, I would take it easy and get some advice from your pharmacist. Hopefully you just have a bit of a bug and it will pass. I remember getting a really bad cold followed by a chest infection last time I was on L.T and i felt really sorry for my self. Its hard enough doing L.T but even harder when you get poorly too. Hang in there huni and get well soon :)

Thanks everyone youre all stars :)!!
I havent been doing any excersise which is why i cant understand why i felt so ill....Gonna persevere today , i dont feel quite so bad today, but i think i'm going to speak to my pharmacist and maybe try refeeding for a few days then start again. I took my blood sugar on my day 3 of the diet and it was 2.9 which is really low, maybe it has just dropped further which has also made my blood pressure drop :rolleyes:.
Thanks again for all your messages and i,ll keep you posted xx

Hi Val sorry your not feeling too good, keep us posted how you get on as I was exactly the same last week. Really having to fight with myself to keep going. Never been so close to coming off 100% but then on Monday everything became much better. I keep thinking its my body trying to trick me into eating. But your blood sugar was dangerously low, best to get it checked out. I came to the conclusion I must have had a bug as I got a migraine too which is unusual for me. Hope you ate feeling better soon. X

Check your water intake. If you're having too little or far too much it can have this effect.

Also, I sometimes feel light headed on this diet but it passes.

Hi bridesmaid 2013,
Just keep your goals small. I just said I would do LT for 6 weeks then after that I added another 6 weeks. I now say 1st of June which has sent me into a bit of a flap as it seems too long away!
I keep buying myself a suit( I have to wear for work) in a size smaller than I am and keep trying it on. Of course they are far too tight at first but I know I will be in them in the next few weeks. As i keep trying them on and as they get closer to fitting I keep motivated. I only buy second hand ones from eBay and so far I have had a wool M&S suit for £5 size 18 now I am in a Next suit size16 which was £9 including p&p I am currently looking for my size 14!
Good luck in your journey and find some mini goals x

Jolly I nearly got a pair of trousers that were tight yesterday - but then seeing as i'm only doing this for another week I decided it may be a bad idea lol.

Val...how you feeling today? Hope you are feeling better cos you're doing so well!
How did you know your blood sugar was so low? Are you diabetic? x

Hi littleflower,
No i,m not diabetic as far as i,m aware but my mum is. She was taking her blood sugar so thought i would do mine just out of interest. :). Ive had to come off it, tfr obviously just doesnt suit me. I tried to persevere for another day but felt so ill and i couldnt afford to be ill and off work. I,m now just doing a high protein low carb and it suits me better. Even though ive done the refeed ive still lost so i,m chuffed about that , now 15lbs off in 18 days, so not that far to go :D I really envy you ladies who can tolerate a tfr as the weight comes off so fast, best of luck on your journey hun. x

Gutted !!

Hi ladies and gents,

Well, i tried to persevere with tfr for another day but in the end i felt so ill ive had to come off it :confused: I know i was drinking enough water...at least 3l and more per day so it wasn't that causing my symptoms. It was definately my blood sugar and blood pressure which both dropped far too low. I'm really gutted ive had to come off, i just don't think tfr suits me. Exactly the same happened a couple of years back when i was doing cs, and funnily enough at exactly the same point...17-18th days :confused:. Anyway...i am chuffed as ive been on the scales this morning and i'm 15lbs less than i was 19days ago ...lost another 2lbs with just healthy eating :D.

I wish you all huge success on your journeys and thanks for all your messages of support...you truely are all lovely on this forum and it has been an honour following you all on your weight loss journey.
:wave_cry:
Take care all and have a lovely Easter

Val xx

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving but the main thing is you do what is best for you!! And two pounds via healthy eating is fab!!! Well done!! Can I ask did you get your blood pressure tested or are there symptoms? All the best to you though and congrats on what you've done so far xxx

Val, you lost over a stone so you should be really happy with that. Above all else, regardless of our weight, we need to feel at least a reasonable level of healthiness and wellbeing and if, as in your case, the diet really does not suit you or makes you feel unwell then the only sensible solution is to come of it has you have done.

The fact that you are so gutted about that fact is testament to your desire to lose weight and you should be thankful that you have that mindset. Losing weight through the healthy eating route may take a little longer but it's arguably a better route to take than LT anyway. Losing 15lb in nineteen days is great. Having the ability to carry that on though other means is even better.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss efforts.

Val so sorry to hear how ill you have been i have suffered similar to you only my TOTM lasted 3 weeks and my iron levels were very low, so i made the decision to cone off TFR for a week and now have started back on it. I wish you every success with your future x

Aww Val sorry to hear that :( but your health is much more important. At least the last 3 weeks has given you a kick start so that's a positive :D Good luck with your healthy eating plan and stop by the lipotrim section and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck Val, take care x

Back