Feel The Burn

Professor

Guess whos back...
Well started my new regime of weekly hiking today, just like i use to when i was a lad (all together now......Ahhhh)

I had hoped to go for a hike/walk every other day but with winter and cold dark nights i decided it will have to be only afternoons that i get off early or weekends.

So today sun come out and i donned my boots and gore-tex gear (cant trust british weather eh) and buckled up my knee-high Gators (picture boring gore-tex waterproof, nothing kinky ladies!! tsk) grabbed my rucksack filled it with more waterprroofs and filled the water bladder with 2l of finest cold tap water. Setup my GPS to track distance hiked and heading on down the lane to the nature reserve. Now i was of course expecting it to be muddy, but blimey o riley lucky i got the gear as i was in foot deep wading through mud at times! lol

Anyway i enjoyed a lovely peaceful hike around the nature reserve (must take camera and tripod next week!) for about 3hours and according to my hi-tech gps i hiked exactly 7.4 miles, most of that incidently was 2 steps forward 1 step back in deep mud as well!

Not quite as far as i had planned or hoped, but my legs were feeling the burn nicely on trek back up the hill (why do all good hikes end up-hill?) So next week or mid-week work allowing i will aim for 8-9miles and maybe less mud!

Using this wonderful site here:
http://www.fitday.com/webfit/exerciseinfopage.html
And typing in cross-country hiking and my details i worked out i burned about 1300 calories in that stroll, and as on SS taking in considerably less Cals than that, logic says that hike equals even more burn and loss, sorry ladies :rolleyes: (you love me really) lol

Anyone up for a 10mile trek through mud next week?
(East-Sussex btw, lol)

Off to scrub mud off me gear now!

Yeah I'm up for that hike Prof, defo...................................................oh no!!!!!...............................................................................................

you dont live near me!!!!;)

oh that is a shame!:eek:

oh well, If i lived nearer I would've :p

Good on you for doing the hike in the first place:D
Tracie

Well done to you, if only I lived nearer I'd be up for it ;) Bit boring going walking on your own even with an eyepod.... My other half says he gets too tired ....

Back