Feeling a bit defeated

MrsG1984

I posted earlier this week and im following pp online, im going to weigh tomorrow but so far i seem to have gained 1.5-2lbs, im trying to convince myself that its because ive come off a vlcd onto normal food and that i will start to loose again next week, but its so difficult to get my head round the fact that ive stuck to plan,eaten very well and yet ive gained weight.Feeling very low at the moment, if i dont loose or even maintain weight eating normally how will i ever be a healthy weight regardless of what diet im on. Im having no issues with actually sticking to the diet itself its just so frustrating. Im going to stick to it for the 12 weeks ive signed up for and see what happens and im just hoping it will work.

jen x

I had to go off pro points cause I gained and am now back on discover - much better for me personally. I hope you settle in and eventually start to lose.

Hi thanks for the reply, i gained a lb so not too bad and hopefully next week it will start to go back the other way. Ive never done ww before so i suppose i have the benefit of never being on discover so it just is what it is to me. I will possibly go on a vlcd again at some point when ive lost more and dont have to endure it as long but i want to see that i can loose/maintain on ww for afterwards.

Try not to be too hard on yourself hun, if your sticking to the diet then the weight will start to come off, your body is probably just getting used of the food. All the best. xxx

Thanks im not feeling too bad today will just have to see what happens the next few weeks, i need to stop trying to predict the future of my weight and take each week as it comes, im my own worst enemy! The thing i like with ww is that its food you could happily stick to for the rest of your life whereas with vlcds you dont learn to eat in a healthy way so much its more about just losing the weight.

If you followed a vlcd and didn't do a proper refeed for atleast a week there was always going to be a gain.

Hopefully you'll get that lb off next week :)

This diet is much better for your body than a vlcd, if you give it time you will lose.

you will soon start seeing the advantages of having gone to normal food. Write off the next couple of weeks, with Christmas and New Year, and start off fresh after New Year's day. This way your body will have had all the time to get used to food again, and you will have had time to get used to the propoints system. Don't worry if you'll gain in the next couple of weeks, with Christmas meals and New Year's eve and day and the likes it's quite normal, everyone will be back with a couple of lbs on. But it'll soon go off and your body will thank you for having found a healthy diet to follow.

Good luck sweetie and happy Christmas!

Thanks all , im doing fine really planning a bigger dinner for xmas day but i dont drink alcohol so will save a few points there :D. Merry christmas everyone and have a great new year! xx

Back