Feeling a bit disheartened at week 3

FatandFlumpy

I'm a bit upset today.. got on the scales this morning to discover i've stayed the same weight as last week!! and i'm only on week 3 :cry:
I've been as good as gold, kept a food diary... eaten good things and plenty of them but still stayed the same.
But i'm a fighter so will carry on regardless i just felt i needed to have a little moan thats all

Atleast you havent gained - just tell yourself that.

We all have those weeks, you may find it falls off you next week. Perhaps try some new superfoods and some body magic?

I always find around a certain time of the month I gain or STS.

Chin Up hun x

I'm a bit upset today.. got on the scales this morning to discover i've stayed the same weight as last week!! and i'm only on week 3 :cry:
I've been as good as gold, kept a food diary... eaten good things and plenty of them but still stayed the same.
But i'm a fighter so will carry on regardless i just felt i needed to have a little moan thats all

Don't let it get you down hun. It could've been for any reason. Do have a quick once over your food diary to make sure you were on track. You're doing the right thing getting straight back on it.

Do you always weigh and home and is this your official weigh-in day?
It is almost inevitable that you will have some weeks that you sts or even gain even though you have been 100%. It can dow down to a range of things including hormonal, water retention, bloating, or even just your body catching up after a big loss the week before. Don't feel down, this is just a fact of life, do don't let one small blig knock you off track.

Hi, I did exactly the same a couple of week ago- stayed on plan & stuck to syns etc and STS! was absolutely gutted but decided to stick at it for another week, didn't change anything and lost 3lb which is double my usual loss! Maybe your body just needs time to catch up? Stick at it and it'll come off, sending hugs x

thanks everyone.. i appreciate your help and i'll look at different superfoods. i have just remembered something.. I've not been to the loo for 5 days!! at this moment in time my tum feels like it'll explode.. just waiting for my senacot to take affect!
I can't do body magic ( that i know of) i'm unsteady on my feet and cannot feel my legs or feet ( stupid after effects of chemo) But if anyone knows of any excersie i can do i'd appreciate it.. I can walk with my stick which i do daily with my dog.
Also as i no longer have periods i can't even blame that lol.
Once again thanks so much for your support xx

FatandFlumpy said:
thanks everyone.. i appreciate your help and i'll look at different superfoods. i have just remembered something.. I've not been to the loo for 5 days!! at this moment in time my tum feels like it'll explode.. just waiting for my senacot to take affect!
I can't do body magic ( that i know of) i'm unsteady on my feet and cannot feel my legs or feet ( stupid after effects of chemo) But if anyone knows of any excersie i can do i'd appreciate it.. I can walk with my stick which i do daily with my dog.
Also as i no longer have periods i can't even blame that lol.
Once again thanks so much for your support xx

I know the feeling. I'm on week 8 and I've lost 11lb so far which I'm disappointed as I follow plan (can't cheat I have gallstones and a liver complaint) plus I'm exercising 6 times a week (3 1hr sessions of Zumba and 3 sessions of interval training) I'm following extra easy. Wondering if I should go on to red and green days or something. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fatandflumpy - I fully feel your discontentment.
I am on week 4 now, week 1 i lost 4 lbs, week 2 and 3 was only 1lb each. It does feel frustrating to only lose a small amount, or stay the same. I know when the week comes that I do stay the same, I will be very upset.
It doesn't matter what I tell myself - I will feel gutted. I am gutted at only 1 lb loss per week. I know a loss is a loss, but all the same. It doesn't feel like much of a reward when you have stuck to plan 100%.

But chin up, and don't give up.

Hun chillax - i put 5lbs at week 3! But this week, week 5 I'm hopeing to get my stone award!
If you're sticking to the rules then you will be losing fat. Could be you're holding onto a little bit of water retention, be a tad constipated (even if you haven't realised it), or your body could just be adjusting to the new diet - so you may have lost fat but the scales just aren't showing it this week!
I'm sure you'll have a fab loss next week.
Just remember that you're giving your body everything it needs by following this eating plan & it DOES work, you just have to stick with it! *hugs*

Well after no loss last week i got on the scales this morning to a 5lb loss :D i was and still am determined to carry on..

Well done hun! xx

If you STS, it usualy means a good loss the next week. ( if you haven't been cheating)
Well done on 5lbs that's great:)

Well done that's fab news! FYI, every time I have done SW (and this must be attempt number 66 or something similar) I have stayed the same my third week - something to do with my metabolism I'm sure!

Thanks everyone for your comments.. much appreciated.. i can't stop smiling like a loon :D

Well after no loss last week i got on the scales this morning to a 5lb loss :D i was and still am determined to carry on..
I am in a very strange pattern and the week before last I too felt really fed up. I have lost 1/2 lb, then 2 lbs, then 1/2 lb, then 2 lbs - guess it will be 1/2 again but so long as I am getting the bigger losses in between I am OK about that. And I am getting pretty near to target, well prob about 7 lbs. If you keep at it, it will eventually come off, well done you!

Back