Feeling A Bit Down

Sandrah78

Silver Member
I'm feeling a bit low at the moment and just want to get it off my chest.

I got back on track at the beginning of January and have lost weight every week bar 1 (I STS after following EE!). I started off losing 1.5lbs per week, something I was very happy with. This has now dropped to 1lb for the last two weeks even though I'm still following the plan 100%. My target is still a way off but is now even further. It would have been 24 weeks away had my 1.5lb continued now it's gone to 36 weeks.

I wanted to hit my target before my wedding and now I'll be lucky to get to target before Christmas.

One of the other girls in our group said that she wasn't happy with her loss this week as she felt she had deprived herself for nothing - the exact same feeling I have!

Sorry to winge - just needed to get it off my chest and see what anyone else thinks?

Thanks x

"One of the other girls in our group said that she wasn't happy with her loss this week as she felt she had deprived herself for nothing - the exact same feeling I have!"

Poor you :(
All I can say is that you need to work out how to use free foods to your advantage.....this is SW remember, not a 'diet', and there's no need to feel you're missing out on anything. :)

I enjoy the meals I have its the syns I don't seem to be using to my advantage - butter on toast means I won't have a choccy biccie etc. Silly me eh? I think I'm a little apprehensive of having a major blow out and not being able to get back on the waggon - last time it took me almost 3 months!

Im sorry your not feeling great at the moment. I echo what was said above, do not deprive yourself. Yes count the syns in it and try not to go over or look for a healthier version of the things you love (I know for some things this is difficult).

Try something new, this works for me! There were so many of the super free foods I had never tried that I am never bored of what I am eating at the moment.

I do hope you start to feel better soon.

Thank you. It's probably also got something to do with the fact that I am due to have my 'friend' visit next week - I get very emotional lol.

Thank you. It's probably also got something to do with the fact that I am due to have my 'friend' visit next week - I get very emotional lol.

Ooooo, I know that feeling. I was looking forward to a 'date' with my ex-husband next Wednesday but have realised I'll be pre-menstrual and we'll probably end up arguing. If you read of a man stabbed in a restaurant in Basildon next Wednesday, that's was me :)

Ooooo, I know that feeling. I was looking forward to a 'date' with my ex-husband next Wednesday but have realised I'll be pre-menstrual and we'll probably end up arguing. If you read of a man stabbed in a restaurant in Basildon next Wednesday, that's was me :)

:D

Oh Sandra, I do understand. I remember my wedding lead-up and all the stress. But you'll still look beautiful, even if you're not at goal. You've already done so well.

Get 1lb of butter - or tripe, because that's what we're losing. Imagine your other half cuddling you with that wrapped around you. That's what was happening last week and now it's not. That's brilliant. It's one pound towards a healthier, sexier you and if that's not worth doing, I don't know what is.

I also started SW in Jan and feel my diet (as in what I'm eating, not "diet" diet) has become a little stale. Perhaps that is what's happening with you and leading to feelings of deprivation? Tell you what, let's both try one new recipe by this time next week. Or shake-up those packed lunches for work. You on?

I can try a new recipe, not sure what to do yet. I don't like spicy food and I stick to green days. As for lunches I don't do bread as I have cereal for breakfast and like to use my other hexb for meat at teatime. I tend to take broth, soup, pasta etc. Spag bol for tea tonight!

I no how you are feeling i lost 7lb first week then put on 2 weeks after that running, then lost 2 then put on 2lb this week but i have lost 5lb in 5 weeks.
So dont feel fed up 1lb a week is great.

As the others have said Huni...its coming off and you are certainly lighter than when you started.
Just try and vary your meals, so that you dont become bored. Also your body gets used to eating the same things, so the weight losses are slower.

When I read this post I thought i had written it. I understand totally how you feel i lost 12lbs and then it was very slow and I ended up putting 7lbs back on and abandoning the diet. A few weeks ago I took the bull by the horns and I am trying my best to stay positive even if I only lose 1/2lb.
The trouble is we all get impatient and especially if there is an event looming it can put more pressure on and then we end up being rebellious and sabotaging it.
But keep it up and you will reap the rewards :):)

Try looking at it this way - in 24 weeks time, if you've lost even 1lb a week, you'll be nearly 2st lighter than you are now. And you won't care that you didn't lose the set-amount-per-week you'd calculated, I can guarantee you. You'll just be delighted to be almost 2st down. ;)

I think all the other ladies have beaten me to it with the sage and sensible advice, so I just wanted to say - I know exactly how you feel, I've been there myself. Keep going and the weight will come off, it will all be worth it in the end!

Thanks girls - I'm feeling much more positive now and have realised whats been happening. I previously got to thsi stage a few months ago and the weight losses did the same thing - I got fed up and blew it big time - hence only just getting back to this stage. What I have realised is that I am pushing myself too hard and actually depriving myself of the little treats that I should be having. Each week as I have lost I have tried even harder the week after to try to raise the loss, cutting out syns etc - which is why I have been feeling deprived. I've decided to return to the first week and enjoy a few more syns - why not? after all they are still an essential part of the plan. I'll keep you posted on how I go this week x

Also try and vary your HEX Bs as much as possible (at least 7 different ones each week) and focus on superfree foods (yellow pages of book) when bulking out your meals. And make sure to eat your syns and not deprive yourself! Have your 70/week and see how you get on.

Back