Feeling a bit fed up with my group

alwayssunshine

I'm sorry, for this rant, it probably isn't going to show me in a very good light but I'm so frustrated! It seems like for the last several weeks, people at my group have fallen into 2 categories:

1) Those who have had a gain and couldn't understand why - then admitted they'd had an alcohol filled night out followed by a kebab and a burger

2) Those who have had a good loss despite not sticking to the plan. I am truely sick of clapping people for a 4lb+ loss for them to then reveal that they had a McDonald's Cheeseburger and milkshake twice, plus had lots of chocolate and cake.

Meanwhile, I stick to the plan 100%, excercise at least 5x a week and lose 1lb! Grrr.... The other thing that's annoying me is that my C doesn't really seem to 'do' Body Magic or encourage it in group. I still don't have a sticker or a certificate for my Bronze Award despite me reminding her twice. I should have got my Silver Award yesterday but she didn't have any stickers or certificates for that so I didn't get that either. She didn't even mention it when she handed out the other certificates :-(

Am seriously considering swapping to online membership.

I have to be honest and say that i'd be really disappointed too. Not because of other people's results, forget what other people achieve and just worry about yourself. I'd be annoyed that she actually doesnt seem to be taking your journey seriously and actually you pay for her to provide a service. I'd probably have stern words first xxx

Is there another group in your area that you could attend?? :)

i reccomend online :) its been great, loads of recipies, all the info you need, online food diary, weigh chart, predicted weight loss chart, syns online, and you get your little awards on there too :) x

I'd go to another group end of!

As for other people, I tend to find those people never stick around long or get to target!

And for e consultant, she sounds cr*p, is there not another group near to you? I'd consider changing and complain that she isn't doing things right. If she gets an inspection (which they do!) then surely it's picked up that she's not bothering with body magic? X

I'd switch group too as the consultant makes or breaks the group - I was doing really well a few years ago and my consultant at the time (who's actually my consultant again now and is brilliant!) left the area and was replaced with the most uninspiring woman ever, and surprise surprise my weight losses started tailing off as I lost motivation, and eventually I just stopped going....and inevitably the weight crept back on! Wish I'd just swapped to a better group myself at the time!

That sounds like one of my groups I went to back in 2009 and 2010, I got sick of hearing about those who couldnt understand why they havent lost weight but then started to tell the C about how they've not stuck to plan and not measured healthy extras etc and lost count of syns.
Then the others who manage to lose more than a few lbs every single week but boast to the group about all the crap they had eaten.
It just frustrated me as I was one of the ones who didnt have much weight to lose but would "bust a gut" trying to even get 1lb off each week by following the plan 100% and exercising too.

The C should really have a word with them as if it was my group I wouldnt want people saying things like that as it's really disheartening to the ones who are trying hard.
Like others have said though maybe try weighing in one week at a different group or something and seeing if you like the group better or even trying sw online.

Whatever you decide to do hun, try not let those people get to you :) xxx

What a shame, my group is REALLY supportive, promote body magic and my C is great, texts you once a week to see how youre getting on!

There are loads of groups where I live - like 20! Just go to another one!

Thanks everyone. The thing is, it's not hurting my motivation at the moment. I do get frustrated with most of the other members, but at the end of the day, I'm doing this for me so I'm not all that bothered by what they do (though do admit to feeling a bit grumpy about it in my OP). It's funny because in some ways I really enjoy group. There one or two other members there who are mostly 100% on plan and I enjoy talking to them, swapping tips and recipes etc. I've even talked one into joining me when I go jogging next week! My C is good in some ways too. Quite approachable and friendly etc but she doesn't really seem to have a firm grip on the group or (crucially) on the SW plans. She was telling another member about Sucess Express the other day and when I mentioned that you get 2 HE A & Bs on SE, she had to get out her book to check as she thought I was wrong!

The group is also at a good time for me and literally round the corner. I'd have to drive to another group as they're all 20 mins away and not at a great time for me....Hmmm. Will give it a few more weeks and see how I feel then. I'm defo going to keep on at my C for my Body Magic certificates and I talk about it in group whenever I can. Hopefully I can motivate some other group members to try BM even if my C can't!

Not surprised at all that you are frustrated - it sounds like a complete waste of your time and money at the moment. If there is another, local, group that you can go to then I would try that first. I've been an online member before and found it completely useless for me. I found class de-motivating if anything after a few weeks - like you the consultant very rarely mentioned body magic, I found listening to tales of constant cheating boring and getting awards seemed to very hit and miss! Personally, I am happy to 'go it alone' with the help of minimins - there is always the option of adding your own awards to your sig!

ADD: just saw your latest post so please ignore most of the above! Maybe within the next few weeks, as you get closer to the other couple of members, it may even be an idea to start your own little group?

Our consultant is the other way! Forever going on about running! She does the other stuff too tho.

Why don't you just send her a text message and say you're disappointed that you haven't received any Body Magic awards after working so hard to get them? She might buck her ideas up and start encouraging everyone else to join in. Maybe there's a reason why she hasn't got it going in her group, perhaps nobody's been that interested up until now. xx

I think feeling good as part of the group is key. My first group was brilliant- only about 20 people max, a consultant who texted us during the week, made a huge deal about any award and I lost 3st with that group. Even when I had bad weeks and a gain I loved it.
Unfortunately I've moved house and I had my first weigh in last week. I lost 3.5lb and stayed to group....and got forgotten! The group is HUGE at least 45 people and they all know each other and make me feel like a proper outsider. When the consultant forgt me during image therapy I didn't have the confidence to speak up and say 'hey you forgot me!' As its such a big group. I can see me finding this unhelpful and losing interest in group, which I used to love! I need to go or I will prat about (I couldn't do online for this reason) but I miss my old group :-(
Body magic is something to be proud of, I would def keep on at he C xx

I think feeling good as part of the group is key. My first group was brilliant- only about 20 people max, a consultant who texted us during the week, made a huge deal about any award and I lost 3st with that group. Even when I had bad weeks and a gain I loved it.
Unfortunately I've moved house and I had my first weigh in last week. I lost 3.5lb and stayed to group....and got forgotten! The group is HUGE at least 45 people and they all know each other and make me feel like a proper outsider. When the consultant forgt me during image therapy I didn't have the confidence to speak up and say 'hey you forgot me!' As its such a big group. I can see me finding this unhelpful and losing interest in group, which I used to love! I need to go or I will prat about (I couldn't do online for this reason) but I miss my old group :-(
Body magic is something to be proud of, I would def keep on at he C xx

I can't believe she didn't mention you during IT. I wonder if it said visitor against your name and she thought you would have weighed and go.

My consultant said they used to have to pay for body magic awards but now get them free n Sw have been slow in sending them ..

I completely agree with all the comments on this post my group is a load of c*ap!! I've tried to stay but the C focuses on the same people every week (apparently they all go out drinking together that being the C too!! :mad:) and then all you hear is not sure how I've lost it I've ate this, that and drank my bodyweight in beer I'm soooo frustrated I haven't been the last few weeks, we get no body magic either the C "doesn't do exercise" and I corrected her on something last time I was there and she did not like it one bit even my colleague who I go to group with said she was huffed and she's pretty much ignored me since!! Charming eh?! I need the weigh in though so that keeps me going.

Do any of you ever feel you could do a better job or is that just me?! :p

I've stopped going to my group because my C was so bad and there aren't any other groups I can make it to. I worked really hard to get my
Body Magic bronze and silver awards and they were never even mentioned. All the group does it weigh in then go round and say ow much people have gained or lost and what they did right or will do differently. That's it. No encouragement at all. To be honest she made everyone feel nervous because she was so judgemental, which I guess kept me on plan a little but it made going to group a little traumatic!!! Wish there was a better one I could go to.
X

A group I went to the C definitely had her favourites who she would talk to lots then others (me included) she would talk to for about 30 secs or forget to talk to! Got fed up so left. Now wanting to join again and it's the nearest group to me and a good friend of mine goes but dont want to go back to that consultant!

Shame it's like that

That's such a shame to hear about people with a bad consultant. I've only been at sw for 6 week but my C is really lovely and spends time with everyone and is so positive and full of advise and tips. Yeah the group is a little too big and lasts a tad too long but it's only worthwhile to hear the handy hints she gives out. I would definitely recommend changing groups are there are some fab Cs out there!

Back