Feeling a bit low

Roosters

Silver Member
Hiya folks,

I hope you don't mind, but I felt I could do with a release of pent up stuff.. :wave_cry:

It's my weigh in day today and I've lost 1lb, which I'm ok with seen as I had a slight birthday induced cheat. (this isn't realy about that, but I thought I'd add it anyway!)

Thing is, last week I was complaining because OH wasn't bringing enough money in and I was worried about bills etc, not all his fault, a lot of it was to do with customers not paying on time etc (he's self employed Joiner) and we're still feeling the strain, however he's landed a new job working 12 hours a day 7 days a week :eek: which is going to solve all our money worries, and because it's an 8 week contract, we can start booking jobs in one after the other for when he's finished.

The thing is, we live in the middle of no where, and I'm starting to feel so bloomin lonely!! I got home from supermarket, and my mums house, which is about half an hour and I just thought, 'what now'? I read books to my daughter, and watched tv with her, all the time thinking, she needs more than this, and I felt useless, then she started to get a bit 'floppy' and I took her temp and it was 39 :eek: so I gave her calpol and put her in a luke warm bath, she's thank fully 100% back to normal now but it was so scary and now I feel totally on edge. I've got another 8 weeks of OH working so much - i'm feeling rubbish and it's only day 5!

Diet wise I'm worried I'll slip into 'comfort eating' I ss'ed fine all day till tea time, when I ate my SS+ meal, but too big a portion.

oh dear, I'm a silly sausage.

Hugs!
My hubby works nights 4 times a week and I feel the same when I'm alone with Harvey.
Have you got any pets?
I feel your lonelyness!

hi i know what you mean being in the middle of no where, im the same, this time of years ok cause you can get out and about, but must be horrid with husband working long days 7 days aweek, but its wont last long and think of the money, glad your daughters better, it has been a hot day.
hope you start to feel better about things soon x

thank you ladies! it's so nice to be able to talk to people that understand. OH got home a short while ago and he's fast asleep now bless him.

Awww just come on here whenever your feeling lonely. I know the problem with hubby being self employed. Mine is a kitchen fitter and jobs have been very scarce of late. Worried we wont get a holiday this year and we really could do with some quality time with the kids.
Hope you feel more positve soon.

Hoe old is your daughter? Perhaps you could join a mother & toddler group and make some friends locally, or take her to a dancing class you would soon get chatting to other mums who are probably in the same boat.

Im in the middle of nowhere too...my daughter used to suffer from febrile convusions, if your daughter ever gets a temp again please put a cool face cloth on the nape of her neck this is the best place for her temp to cool down..i think its called the hyperthermus (sorry my brains in cd mode day 1???:confused:)...and if shes old enough give her nurofen for kids, you can work calpol and nurofen safely together (ask your dr)...i hope this is any use?...youll soon make friends..xx

Back