Feeling a bit nervous

Marshflower

Hi guys,
Just seeking some reassurance/guidance I suppose.
I'm 5 days in to my first week of SW, following EE, and I'm really nervous I'm not going to lose weight. I feel like I've been eating far too much. I've been weighing everything that needs to be weighed and sunning everything that passes my lips. 2 days I have gone over my syns by accident but it's only my first week so it's a learning curve as to what has syns etc and am v proud of myself that for the first time ever following a weightloss plan I have been 100% honest with what I've been eating.
It just seems like I've eaten a lot of potato which I suppose is one of my bad habit, pre conditioned rules that potato is "bad". I've struggled a bit to have a third free food but have managed it or at least nearly a third with each meal- got easier as the weeks gone on. Which is odd as I've always eaten loads of veg! I think I'm just worried that I've been eating too big portion sizes.
Has anyone eaten big portions on EE and still lost weight?
Sorry for such a silly post but I am so determined to do this and have not succeeded so many times in the past at WW and SW, I'm just really scared that this is my last chance and I'm going to screw it up. I just feel like you can only fail so many times at attempted weight loss before you give up. I don't know how many times I can keep picking myself up and dusting myself off. What if I'm destined to be fat forever??

Your doing great - as long as your following the plan to the letter you will lose weight - you need to eat to lose on this so you never go hungry. xxx

Thanks lovely. I just do want do it this time!! I am following the plan to the letter (I think anyway! Time and experience will tell!) so I guess I just have to close my eyes and make a leap of faith.

Hi Marshflower, I feel exactly the same. I've been on EVERY diet imaginable except the OMG! Like you, I feel this is it for me too. I've just started on Friday too and feel like I'm eating loads and loads and like you, although, I love veg, its hard to include it at every meal. (I made soup today with lots of veg so that might help) It doesn't seem like we'll lose eating all this but people claim the diet really works - if it does I could cope with this quite easily I think

I remember feeling the same when I stated. I was convinced I had lost nothing and couldn't believe it when I actually had! If you've followed the plan you should be fine x

When I started it felt like I was eating too much too. I actually felt like I was eating more than normal - which I was but of the right things. I only lost a pound the first week but lost 4lbs the following week. Follow the plan to the letter and you will lose - definitely!

Thank you so so much for your replies. It makes such a difference and makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one who feels/felt like this. I know must trust in the plan and stick to it regardless of how I feel I may or may not have done and just let the scales speak for themselves.
Having found my wonderful new C and group and this forum I am daring to think I just *might* succeed this time.....

Hi ya, good luck im sure you have lost weight!

The first week is a tough one as its all new and you're worried you're eating too much, and you don't know what to expect!
I remember my first week, i didn't feel like i had lost anything, i was worried about going to group, but it turns out i had lost 5.5lbs!!! Since then i have lost 3st 4.5lbs (would have been more but i had a massive blip in june/july/august lol!!!) Back on track now and the 7lbs i gained (4 weeks off plan) has gone in 2 weeks!
This plan definitely works if it is followed correctly, if you don't get a loss on your first week then stay on track and keep going and you will probably get a loss on the second week!

Keep up the good work!!! xxx

Yes if you follow plan 100% you will lose. If youre good to the plan, the plan will be good to you! :)

Back