Feeling a bit stressed about eating

sparklesazzy

Does anyone else have a really hard time eating anywhere but at home?

I have a meal out tonight and am dreading it, am already stressing I wont lose this week and that I will go over my syns like its a disaster. I am afraid to even have a glass of wine as I know how bad they are. So stupid as I have done it before and controlled my syns and still had a loss...

I have checked out the menu and the only thing i can have is salmon, rice and veg, but am obsessing about the fact it has a lot of calories in and that I don't know how its cooked, even though its not about that and I know that :/

I am worried I am starting to get a bit obsessed with controlling my food :( I think it's something to do with losing weight being the only focus I have at the moment, as I am a stay at home parent, and my youngest has just started preschool every morning, and I have too much thinking time I think.

Anyone else feel like this or am I a total freak. I have been losing really well, and I know its not the end of the world if I have a maintain or gain, but for some reason I am scared of doing it.

Be kind, i don't like to start posts very often but needed some support on this

Thanks

I never used too, until this time on slimming world and now i don't like eating out cos I am that determined to lose my weight and can't control the food when its served directly to me like I can at home. I'm going to talk myself out of this habit though, cos I don't want to end up with an eating disorder like my best friend.

sparklesazzy said:
Does anyone else have a really hard time eating anywhere but at home?

I have a meal out tonight and am dreading it, am already stressing I wont lose this week and that I will go over my syns like its a disaster. I am afraid to even have a glass of wine as I know how bad they are. So stupid as I have done it before and controlled my syns and still had a loss...

I have checked out the menu and the only thing i can have is salmon, rice and veg, but am obsessing about the fact it has a lot of calories in and that I don't know how its cooked, even though its not about that and I know that :/

I am worried I am starting to get a bit obsessed with controlling my food :( I think it's something to do with losing weight being the only focus I have at the moment, as I am a stay at home parent, and my youngest has just started preschool every morning, and I have too much thinking time I think.

Anyone else feel like this or am I a total freak. I have been losing really well, and I know its not the end of the world if I have a maintain or gain, but for some reason I am scared of doing it.

Be kind, i don't like to start posts very often but needed some support on this

Thanks

My God you sound like me!!!!!!

I've had to learn to stop stressing about it, I'm 4 stone lighter and leading a much better healthier life than I was when I was fat! The way I look at it now is its ONE meal it's not a week of eating out and maybe not making the healthiest of food choices, life is for living and so what if you have a STS, it's your life and you're here to enjoy yourself not be stressing about food. So my thoughts on it are, go out and enjoy yourself and start afresh the next day, you have to learn to stop being so hard on yourself!!! :)

Yeah I totally do need to stop it, that's why I kinda vented to make myself listen lol

I am not even going off plan, its perfectly fine to eat char grilled salmon, rice and veg but am still worrying, I have no idea why!!! lol

I actually don't even want to go out, and that's silly as its my best mates 30th so I do want to, I just don't want to eat if you get me?

I am really conscious that it does sound like eating disorder behavior and if i was skinny, it would be serious. Thankfully I have a long way to go until I get to target so i just need to keep trying to focus on making a healthy conscious choice to eat normally and treat myself occasionally

I feel a bit like this. I feel like its going to ruin everything if I eat out and it makes me feel like I have wrecked it! I suppose what we need to learn to do is pick the healthier choices, as it's a way of life rather than a restriction!! I agree with vanilla cupcake, it's just one night, it's not like we are stuffing our faces everyday! It needs to be put into perspective :). Enjoy your meal hun and have wine be happy and start afresh the next day :) healthy attitude healthy body xx

I've had to learn to stop stressing about it, I'm 4 stone lighter and leading a much better healthier life than I was when I was fat! The way I look at it now is its ONE meal it's not a week of eating out and maybe not making the healthiest of food choices, life is for living and so what if you have a STS, it's your life and you're here to enjoy yourself not be stressing about food. So my thoughts on it are, go out and enjoy yourself and start afresh the next day, you have to learn to stop being so hard on yourself!!! :)

Quite agree with you here - my consultant always says it's one meal out of 21 and personally if I am paying good money I want to enjoy it and not eat something I could have had at home!
I give myself a pudding rule - if I genuinely have room for a pudding then I will - of course I rarely have lol.

I have lost 4 stone too - and eat out regularly - go and have fun and get back on track tomorrow. Life's too short to beat yourself up! xxxx

Hi there

I think it's only natural for us to feel as if somehow we're being naughty when we eat out as there are so many 'diets' that we're not supposed to do that on.

However the beauty of SW is that we can still eat out and stay on plan, and by choosing salmon, rice and veg you are doing just that! And have that glass of wine too, if you have syns for it then why not?

As others have said, it's one night, enjoy yourself and don't beat yourself up. You've had a fab weight loss so far and you're not going to change that :)

This is one of reasons why i didn't go back to class and decided to do it from home. Iv always become like this when dieting and always put the weight back on. This time Im aiming for half a pound a week and still enjoy eating out. Im much more relaxed.

I totally understand. 3.5 years into SW and I STILL feel like this when I go out to eat! I try and try to relax but I can't, even when I know I'm eating healthily and on plan. Silly really but I do feel I obsess a little about what I eat and wish I could chill a little more!

vanilla_cupcake said:

Completely agree. It's ONE meal. And in my experience, sitting in at meetings and listening to people's surprise when they lose (and my own personal exp) sometimes a 'naughty' meal kind of kicks your body into working harder and you have a good loss! Just remember; ONE meal ;) and don't keep weighing. Try and relax x

I totally understand. 3.5 years into SW and I STILL feel like this when I go out to eat! I try and try to relax but I can't, even when I know I'm eating healthily and on plan. Silly really but I do feel I obsess a little about what I eat and wish I could chill a little more!

I completely agree, I struggle when eating out. I sometimes manage to cut loose but only really when I have a sanctioned reason, like a birthday or anniversary. :sigh:

When you go out, ask the waitress/person you order from how things are cooked, and if they use a lot of oil and put butter in the veg etc, ask them if they can do yours without. After all, it's you that is paying for the food and it should be cooked to your satisfaction :)
When/if you go for carvery, you can usually ask to get veg without butter, etc. They are usually really good about things like that :)
Good luck! x

Ill always regret making a fuss and stressing about eating out for my mothers 60th Birthday. I was doing a shake style vlcd at the time and i wouldnt go as i didnt want to break my diet. I really let my familly down and yrs later i still feel so bad, its just a meal, 1 day. Go and enjoy it, its not like your going out 4-5 times a week and eating like mad, its just 1 meal,1 treat, it might show slightly on the scales for 1 day but it wont make any difference to how you look or how your clothes feel.And drawing a line under the night,waking up the next day is a fresh new day back on plan. Have a great night and enjoy your glass of wine.

This is the reason i am going to rejoin slimming world monday. you can go out and stay on plan.

my friend joined last week and week 1 she lost 5 pound! she had 2 italian meals out that week. both times had minestrone soup and a spicy veggy pasta!!!!

Your meal is following plan just like a previous poster said ask for it to be cooked with no or minimal oil and allocate a few syns for it so you don't feel like you have gone off plan.

and most of all enjoy it and remember this is meant to be a plan for life and you are going to be eating out it's part of life!

I always eat out on slimming world, to me its a lifestyle choice rather that a diet. If its a life style choice and this week u don't lose as much as previous weeks then I wouldn't worry.

Look at the menu, decide what u fancy - do u really fancy salmon or would u prefer something else? I'd probs stay away from creamy sauces but u know if I really fancy it then I would still have it.

How many glasses of wine fo u fancy? What about spirits after? Will u have a desert. Total up ur additional syns and then stick to it. Your on control.

Say u decide on 50 syns extra them decide how to manage the week ahead. U can either have it as a 1 off and don't cut back on syns or save 5 syns the other 6 days and be in under plan.

However life is too short not to enjoy it and if it takes am extra week or even extra month or 2 to get to your goal does it matter if its a choice your making for life.

I stick to SW and have done for 11 years but if am going out I always have what I fancy. Why waste good money on watching your partner have what u really want :)

Today with the children I am baking chocolate brownies, cookies, banana & cinnamon muffins and a strawberry & cream sponge cake, I'm going to enjoy every bit of it and I'm especially going to enjoy eating them (sponge cake is for tomorrow) if you can't enjoy life what's the point!

I'll hopefully have a STS on Tuesday as I've been extra good this week and have saved some syns (I don't normally save syns) but if I have a slight gain then so be it I'll just work extra hard next week to get it off! I don't see the point in worrying about one day/one meal etc you only get one stab at life so whats the point in worrying the whole time about weight!! Live Laugh Love is my motto!!!! :) :) :) :)

Personally, if I know Im going out for a meal/few drinkies, I dont even flexi syn! I just have a day off plan & then get straight back on plan the next day.....I find it takes away the 'stress' & I can enjoy it. Its not an everyday occurance & its only one day out of many! So, Im going to enjoy the rugby between England & Ireland this afternoon with my family....Im half Irish & half English, so can cheer for both!

kim63 said:
Personally, if I know Im going out for a meal/few drinkies, I dont even flexi syn! I just have a day off plan & then get straight back on plan the next day.....I find it takes away the 'stress' & I can enjoy it. Its not an everyday occurance & its only one day out of many! So, Im going to enjoy the rugby between England & Ireland this afternoon with my family....Im half Irish & half English, so can cheer for both!

Yeah I've never flexi syn'd either I know I wouldn't stick to it so it's pointless!! Enjoy the rugby later x

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you everyone, you have cheered me up a little. I am being really silly about it, but I have basically stuck to the plan rigidly for 8 weeks, and its hard for me to let go. I did flexi syn once, but last night i stayed within syns. I had the salmon and it was not greasy really so was probs only a few syns, then I had a few vodka and diet coke and 2 shots, so pretty sure I was within my limits.

Was a really nice night and I like that I have no hangover so thats one bonus of only having a few drinks teehee :D

Back