Feeling an idiot.

spj13

So I have been on this plan for two weeks this being my 3rd.

1st week stuck to plan lost 3lbs

2nd week been totally off plan and gained 2lbs.

I am useless I am never going to loose the weight if I cant stick to plan for two weeks. I feel disgusting and a total idiot.

Early days - it takes a while to get into a habit. Don't beat yourself up over it as that's too much energy spent on negative. You know the plan works for you, and did really well. Plus, it's still a pound off over the 2 weeks instead of more gained.

Back to it today?? Lots of healthy and delicious SW friendly meals?? You know you deserve it :) x

What's done is done... get yourself refocused (think about why you're doing this, where you want to get to, buy yourself a piece of target clothing in the next size down?) and back on plan today - every day you're on plan is a success :) x

What initially caused to you to go off plan?

I'm assuming something did & you just continued going & didn't get back on plan. But on a positive note, you realise what you've done & are making changes, these things take time.

Don't beat yourself up! We are not robots. You've acknowledged it to yourself and posting on here shows that you're ready to begin again. It won't be the last time you go off plan-- sw is for life, and life is not a straight line to what we want. Be nice to yourself. Have a bath, paint your nails... Start again. :)

. . . . Im so sick of being me

Never say you are sick of being you! You are the only you there is - there's no one else like you. And you will never be someone else. You can be a better you, you can be the best you that you can possibly be, but you are who you are - totally unique.

Sorry to hear that you felt so low: I have times like that and I know how awful it feels. It makes you despair totally. What's the point in anything cos you'll only muck it up. I envy those who are blessed with a belief in themselves, life seems so much easier for them. However......I have come to realise the following
1. some of those who I envy are maybe not so good at everything; some just cover up how they feel more than I do and some, even celebs, do have their low times too......and I am good at some things too. ( just not too good at loving myself)
2. I am actually more ' normal' than I think I am - sometimes there doesn't seem much to support that- but then I am hard on myself.
3. If I just accept that it's a really bad day and as others have said, be kind to myself until it passes, tomorrow is generally better: so don't make any rash decisions on the bad days!
4. We really do create our own futures and it all starts in our thoughts, our minds, our imaginations. So it really is possible to live the dream- just get dreaming!
i hope your feeling a bit better.

Hang in there friend. I had a really shaky start myself. Just have faith in the plan and stick to it as much as you can and the results will soon pay off. Take it one day at a time... Chin up, hope you're okay xx

Don't stress it - I went off plan in week one!!!!! I started again with a clean slate. It may be useful for you to have a space in your food diary to note what's going on in your life - if you can identify why you went off plan, then you can look for warning signs or even give yourself a break when things go wrong! Life happens sometimes - don't tear yourself up over it -onwards and upwards :)

What initially caused to you to go off plan?

I'm assuming something did & you just continued going & didn't get back on plan. But on a positive note, you realise what you've done & are making changes, these things take time.

I had a wedding to go to and then I just continued to eat rubbish. I just wanna loose weight

I have done exactly the same!! I lost 4lb week 1 then posted on here that I was off to Disneyland last week!! Got loads of really good advice about where to eat and then ...... OMG !! I just couldn't do it - there was loads of fruit at breakfast but felt I needed more than just fruit to walk round Disney all day. ( or is that an excuse - one of many ) - then have kept up the
rubbish eating since then too!! Back to it today!!!! New start - onwards and upwards ( well downwards!!!) - We will do it!!!! x

I'm sorry for being so down. I just feel low and I don't want to be in my skin anymore. I suppose you have to hit the bottom before coming back up.

I think a couple of days of being really good will boost you up again!! I love going to the meetings and even though I wont get a clap this week (prob a boo - lol) I am looking forward to going on Thursday! Do you feel you get the support from your group as you might feel a different person after a meeting? We all get down at times x

I had a wedding to go to and then I just continued to eat rubbish. I just wanna loose weight

Well that's good, at least you know where it started.

Next time you could try eating before you go, that way you'll be full & not fill up on foods which are high in syns. You could have low syn drinks.

I these kind of events birthdays, christenings, weddings etc are part of our everyday life & it's learning how to best deal with them. Planning what you're going to eat, how many syns you're going to have. You could have had a flexi day or you could have saved syns to use on that day.

Do you have anything planned were you think you'll struggle?

I think a couple of days of being really good will boost you up again!! I love going to the meetings and even though I wont get a clap this week (prob a boo - lol) I am looking forward to going on Thursday! Do you feel you get the support from your group as you might feel a different person after a meeting? We all get down at times x

At my group we clap everybody - if someone has had a gain they still deserve a clap for turning up to WI and then staying. If you don't stay when you've had a gain then you miss out on so much like getting help with recipes etc. I think it would be far more difficult to stay if you didn't even get the encouragement to continue.

Denise

I joined 5 weeks ago and you got no idea how many days i fell off the wagon and ordered a pizza or had cake instead of healthy food. Just stick with it :) Good luck x

Please don't feel like that. I am up and down but after a bit you seem to just understand the plan and make sure you stick to it. It is a good healthy way to eat so I am sure you will get there in the end.

I agree with Swoo - the meeting will give you a nice fresh slate.

Back