Feeling Blue.....

bubbalicious

Silver Member
I love Slimming World, but sometimes I think it doesnt love me back.

The weeks that I STS are usually justified because I went over syns a few days in that week with some booze or a meal out, but I read other peoples diaries on here and they also go "off plan" etc and extra syns but on their weigh day they seem to lose anyway!!

Been having a really stressful time lately and I am wondering why I am bothering. I put in so much effort with planning, changing things around, drinking water and exercising 2-4 times a week at the gym. My Boyfriend is on SW, does the same as me and he loses weight. Yes I know that he is a man and will lose weight quicker but it still gets me down.

Sorry for the moan.... life is poo at the moment and so is SW for me. :(

Im sorry to read that things arent going right for you at the moment Hun.
Yes, some people can get away with having time off plan and still loose weight...I cant get away with it either and the misconception is that if someone does loose weight after being naughty...they will try it again...and again...then they get into a vicious cycle and start gaining.
Have you tried leaving the gym out for a little while?? You dont have to exercise whilst on SW and it sounds as if things are getting you down a bit. Have a break from the gym..one week isnt going to kill you. Try something different instead...swimming, dancing, walking.
Just looking at your record and you really havent got that much left to loose before you get to target. Perhaps your body is comfortable at this size/weight? Give it time...unfortunately the weight doesnt come off as quickly as it went on.

xxx

Have you also read the diaries where people have gone over their syns & gained weight? Yes this does happen.

Ok so things are not too good at the moment. You need to concentrate on one thing at a time. Prioritse what is important for you is it work, SW or something else. Write a list of what you want to achieve & how you can do this. Putting it down in writing may just help.

Remember we are all here for you;)

I know it's been said a lot of times on here, but don't go by what the scales always say. Last week I put on 4lbs and measured myself and this week although I haven't weighed I am 1 inch less on the waist than last week. Even though you may not see it on the scales you may still be losing inches.
If you want to shake things up a bit maybe try doing a week of reds or greens and maybe switch some of the HEB's and syns that you are normally using to see if it makes any difference. Don't compare yourself to anyone as we are all so different (especially men who tend to lose weight quicker).
You have about a stone left to lose so just stick with it and you will achieve it (even though it may be at a slower pace than those 24lbs that you lost). Good Luck!

Back