Feeling completely daunted by all this today ...

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
:( Although Ive been doing well - 8.5lb in 3 weeks - today I just feel sooooo much like Im digging a massive tunnel with a teaspoon.
I have 100lb exactly to reach target, so over 7 stone, and I cant even begin to think I can ever get there!
I know I want this really really badly but Im just feeling like Im battling an unwinnable fight :sigh:
How did I let myself get in this position for Gods sake!

I know how you feel. I think we all have these days where we think "why did I let THIS happen?" and how am I suppose to ever reach my goal weight. Patience is a b****. We want it all, we want it NOW. Yes, you have 7 stones to lose, but you are on your way and on a good way too. Do not think about the whole way, but about every single step. Set yourself mini-goals. And always remember: the weight you put on over many years cannot be lost in 6 months. Don't give up!

Hun you only have to look at the wonderful cocktail princess for inspiration. Yes it's taken 2 years but look at her pics at each stone gone and see the difference.

Take it 14lbs at a time, take pics and don't think of the 100lb because you will get there, just don't get overwhelmed by it all.

aww hun sending big hugs your way.

dont feel down....you are doing so well,and you will get there and sooner than it seems like it will take!!

its not unwinnable and remember you'll still be losing this weight in far less thime that it took to gain it in the first place!!

be very,very proud of yourself for how well you are doing and in the down moments like this remember that.

and you have this fab place to come to too!

Firstly well done on your loss, I have seen you post that a few times and every time I have thought "wow that is an amazing loss, she is an inspiration to people on here"

Also whilst it is good to have a long term goal and aim I would say DO NOT let it bog you down! I have approx 6 stone to lose but I only think about that perhaps once a week as I know it would make me want to jump off a cliff if i thought about it often

Instead, right now, all I am concerned about is getting 7lbs off. Which doesnt feel too daunting and I have already lost 2, everytime i get fed up or down i just think about that 7lbs.....

When I get there I will eastblish what my next goal is, but only when I get there

Get looking on here (and the facebook group) for recipes to give you enthusaism to stay on track, I find if i have something yummy for tea i wont give up in the day and i look forward to it too

And lastly, have belief and faith in yourself, you CAN do it (I have total faith in you)!!!

Hope this made sense lol

x

Aww *hug* I know it seems daunting but it is possible and you know it deep down! Look at some of the people just on this forum who have managed, there isn't a quick fix but there's a healthy one and it'll be well worth it.

As to how you got to this stage does it really matter now? I know it's really easy to beat yourself up about past failures but it doesn't help in the long run. I know it's easier said than done, I've been told it so many times and thought meh what does he/she know but it's true.

Take it a step at a time, club 10/half stones etc. I had exactly the same thoughts the other day when I stayed the same, I told my C it would never happen and that 20 stone is impossible to lose etc etc, she just looked at me and said rome wasn't build in a day. Annoying at the time but what else could she say? She emailed me the next day to remind me that my loss so far was excellent and to focus on doing that again and it's made it easier. Take your 8.5lbs and focus on another 3 weeks of the same. It wasn't soooo hard was it?

Anyway, chin up, forget about the past and focus on the things you can do.:)

I have about 10 stone to lose and i'm almost 4.5 stone in, but i'm now in the zone after 25 weeks, you have to want it bad I think especially when you have a lot to lose.

I break it down into 7lb chunks and everytime I lose 7lb I put a red 7 on my signature and then forget about it and concentrate on the next 7.

If I look back to what I have lost I feel I will get complacent and start having the odd day off, if I think to far ahead I will get down heartened about how far I have to go, so I only think about the 7lb I have in front of me to lose its the only way I can work the plan at the minute.

Good luck you can do it.

Thanks guys - I know every single thing you have said is true and i guess deep down i know exactly what i have to do.
I think - as Jaylou said - there are people on here who have lost what i want to lose so it can be done.
Ive got pics on my profile of now and also one of my kids to remind me of one of the big reasons im doing this.
Just need to give my head a shake and knuckle down!

Hey Jen - sorry you are having one of *those* days - you are doing so well and I think your loss fab! :hug99:

I often read your thoughtful and helpful posts and think that you and I are at a similar point in our journeys, with a similar (long) journey ahead. I too think how on earth did I do this to myself :argh: but the only way I see is forwards and you are well on your way!

Its one small step at a time, and that teaspoon of yours IS digging a tunnel - a tunnel to victory! :happy036:

I'm right behind you - we can do this! :girlpower:

xx

Thanks cupcake - I can hear the music from "The Great Escape" playing while reading this :)

who's cocktail princess?

and I dont look at what i have to lose as its long way away i just look at getting 2 1/2lb a week off :)

I know how you feel but don't give in. I have a long road ahead of me and I got to the point you're at now many times but I know we both will make it. What helps me in moments like this (and maybe it helps you): look at older photos of yourself and look at you in the mirror. You will see the changes, small changes maybe but they are there and they will eventually become more and more obvious. I do look at myself in the mirror, even if it is only my face and imagine how my face or body would look like thin. And this keeps me going. You're on the right way and you will make it. I am sure!

noooo missus moomintroll :( dont feel down you have to focus on the positive to acheive positive. if you focus ont he negative soon things will become negative ... i know this cause i used to be a serial abuser of neagative behaviour :(

chin up hunni you are doing sooo well and soon you will be in the zone and it wont be like a diet or a weight loss target it will become everyday life and so easy and enjoyable

set yourself a mini target of maybe once the first stone is gone get a little treat ie why not get the other half to get you a charm bracelet and every target you hit get a little charm or maybe he would get you it :D

my OH buys me little treats when i do well and sometimes when im having a bad day silly little things help like he bought me rainbow drops falvoured lip gloss cause i didnt want to waste syns on real rainbow drops in the shop the night before lol

its the little things i find that help me with this and all the support on here :D

so dont feel down huni :D pick yourself up and have a little dust off
xxx

hey doll chin up!! you can soo do this! i also have around 7 stone to lose and im nearly at my 3 stone mark!!!!! determination and mini goals are what get me throu it eg, my nieces communion at end of may and i would like to hit my 3stone and shock family members who havent seen me since 3 stone ago!!! and then my next goal is my mum and dad coming over to see me in july (havnt seen them since last year) so they are ganna get a shock! in between i have mini goals such as every half a stone and getting down into the next stone bracket, next weeks goal is reachin 14.5 stone!!
doll, you can do it you just have to get yourself in the zone and keep reminding yourself that your worth it and y waste any more time in your life being unhappy with your weight, im 30 next year and i refuse to be over weight! i wasted my 20's with that!
allways here for ya dollxx

noooo missus moomintroll :( dont feel down you have to focus on the positive to acheive positive. if you focus ont he negative soon things will become negative ... i know this cause i used to be a serial abuser of neagative behaviour :(

chin up hunni you are doing sooo well and soon you will be in the zone and it wont be like a diet or a weight loss target it will become everyday life and so easy and enjoyable

set yourself a mini target of maybe once the first stone is gone get a little treat ie why not get the other half to get you a charm bracelet and every target you hit get a little charm or maybe he would get you it :D

my OH buys me little treats when i do well and sometimes when im having a bad day silly little things help like he bought me rainbow drops falvoured lip gloss cause i didnt want to waste syns on real rainbow drops in the shop the night before lol

its the little things i find that help me with this and all the support on here :D

so dont feel down huni :D pick yourself up and have a little dust off
xxx
aww rainbow drop flavour lipgloss ... thats soooo cute, can i borrow him ha ha!

Huni.
If I had actually sat down and thought about how much weight I had to loose which incidentally is 11 and a half stone, I would have given up ages ago!
Im now almost 8 and a half stone down, and I take it one day at a time and look forward to the next 7lb mile stone. I couldnt bare to think about the total at all!
There were days in the past when I could have easily thrown in the towel and just though stuff it, but you just persevere and you will get there. Unfortunately it doesnt happen over night, but I have grown to love the changes to my body along the way and have some really funny tales to tell! For once I am happy in my skin and you will get to feel that too.
Big Hugs. If myself and others on here can do it (and here is a post from someone who would normally give up than carry on as its the easier option) then you CAN too.

xxxxx

Thanks again guys - 2lb this week and i will have dropped from the 18's to the 17's I guess!
I like the idea of the charm bracelet weedoll - Now to convince my fella!

Back