Feeling Crummy, Any Suggestions?

Oinkstop

Well, I thought I'd throw this out there for all the helpful folks on MiniMins to see if anybody has suggestions.

I've been doing the USA version of Cambridge for five weeks now. I haven't been completely Sole Sourcing as they don't recommend you do it for more than two weeks unless you are under close medical supervision.

In terms of weight loss, I've been doing very well. I've lost 23 lbs in a total of five weeks, which makes me very happy. I'm really delighted with the weight loss.

So, that part is very, very good.

The downside of all of this is that I feel lousy most of the time. I'm tired, I have no energy, I'm frequently nauseated, I feel cold all the time, and I'm more than just a little bit grumpy. Last week, by Friday afternoon I felt so terrible that I had to have a real meal.

As soon as I did, I felt a lot better, though I still felt incredibly worn out. Since I felt so dreadful, I declared the weekend a "food holiday," and ate reasonable portions of real food. I felt better, and now I'm back at the shakes, and already I'm feeling tired, cold and sick.

I have a lot of weight I want to lose, but I just can't see myself being able to stick to a diet that makes me feel this bad for another six months or so. I'm tired of being so tired that just getting through the day is almost impossible.

I am drinking my water and making every effort to get adequate sleep. I am following the directions I received with my Cambridge products, so I think I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Since I'm doing the USA program and I order from the Internet, I don't have a CDC to ask what I should try to make this better.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Im sorry you're feeling lousy.

Im sorry i dont have the answers but just wanted to say that im also feeling tired, cold and very, very moody so im interested to see if anyone has the answer!

I did wonder if the moodyness was due to food withdrawal (sp?) Its similar to how i felt when i quit smoking (cold turkey) several years ago.

It's a tough one because every one is different but basically, from someone who has been doing this for 6 months, you shouldn't be feeling this bad. First of all, I think you should add a green (some green veg) and white meal (lean white meat) daily (as in SS+) and see if getting that extra protein and calories helps you feel better. You will still lose about 3lbs a week on this as you are only eating about 800 calories. And secondly, I think you should see a doctor and get a blood test for anaemia and a general check over.

Good luck.

Second the above post - Most of the time I felt great on CD, full of energy, very speedy etc, only rarely did I have a bad day.

Get to your doc for a general check over.

does the usa version have different plans????

i've been ill past 2 1/2 weeks, so upped my plan to 810 cals and then again to 1000 cal plan......still ill but feel much better...... still lost 2 lbs this week, and am not following plan properly as am ill with flu......
i think the mood swings are part and parcel of doing cd....... i'm very shouty lol and grumpy and haven't had the energy burst, but not everyone does......

i get very moody too! i am not sure what to say in terms of advice as everyone is so different, it's such a shame you don't have CDC's in the USA. Maybe consider moving up to ss+ or 810 plan? Do you do much excercise, if you do that might be why you feel so tired as you might not be getting enough fuel. hope you're feeling better today.

I've been to the doctor before for being tired and she says the same thing they all say. "Lose weight, exercise more, and you'll feel better."

Yeah, right. I have no use for doctors anymore!

I haven't been exercising much simply because I've been too wiped out to do anything. I walked around the block a few days ago and thought I was going to fall over before I got home. We went shopping the other day that involved a pretty long walk, and again I felt completely exhausted!

Biltsy, I tried to respond to your PM, but it says you have your account set not to receive private messages. Is there another way I can contact you?

try again now......

Have you tried having 4 packs instead of 3? That might help a bit. It sounds like you're drinking plenty of water - maybe you're drinking too much? My CDC recommends 4 pints and anything after that is a bonus and should speed weight loss, but you can drink too much.
I'd say take it easy and it will get better.
Every time I feel lousy and moody I just keep thinking it will all be worth it in the end
Mich x

Still think you should get a blood test for anaemia. I wouldn't let my doctor fob me off like that, you know when something is not quite right, not them!

Back