Feeling desperate

Desperate about what? :(

Starlight said:
Desperate about what? :(

Everything! Started exante 3/1/11. Did amazingly well n lost over 4stone. Then lost the plot totally n put 2 st back on! I feel such a failure! N feel like completely giving in! Feel so useless n unhappy!

chezzle said:
Everything! Started exante 3/1/11. Did amazingly well n lost over 4stone. Then lost the plot totally n put 2 st back on! I feel such a failure! N feel like completely giving in! Feel so useless n unhappy!

Sorry for being so weak! Have followed this site in awe of eveyones success for nearly a year! But just couldn't make the mark! sorry to let the side down! My cup is less than half empty n can't find the strength to pull myself up!

Welcome to the 90% of us who do well, are motivated then trip up and regain. You are far from the exception so please don't beat yourself up about it. In fact, you've done well not to regain everything you lost and added to it (that, statistically is what most people do)

Why not be kind to yourself, decide to have a nice Christmas without going too overboard and NO GUILT (after all, do slim people feel guilty about enjoying nice food on a special occasion? No.)

Make a conscious decision to allow yourself that (but as I said, practice moderation) then, make another conscious decision to start 2012 with a new, refreshed attitude and a new refreshed resolve. You'll have loads of company as there will be an influx of people starting new diets in January.

Russiandoll said:
Welcome to the 90% of us who do well, are motivated then trip up and regain. You are far from the exception so please don't beat yourself up about it. In fact, you've done well not to regain everything you lost and added to it (that, statistically is what most people do)

Why not be kind to yourself, decide to have a nice Christmas without going too overboard and NO GUILT (after all, do slim people feel guilty about enjoying nice food on a special occasion? No.)

Make a conscious decision to allow yourself that (but as I said, practice moderation) then, make another conscious decision to start 2012 with a new, refreshed attitude and a new refreshed resolve. You'll have loads of company as there will be an influx of people starting new diets in January.

Thank you Russiandoll for your words of support/encouragement. I know i need to draw a line under it n start again with a new focus. I'm just so mad with myself! I was vurtually at goal and felt so good! I then had to spoil it all and go back to the bad habits that put me here in the first place!

Back