feeling disapointed

_becca_93_

I have weigh in on thursday and have stuck to my diet 110% this week and had a peek at the scales erlier and I have gained 3lbs :eek::eek: :cry:. does anyone know why this could be. I only had 1.5lbs to get my stone award and was hoping to get it on thursday and now it seems to me I am going to have gained a lot this week and can't understand it. I don't have many, if any syns as I don't lose weight when I do so thought this week I would have a good loss. sorry for ranting on. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems like this and do you recon it wil av sorted itself out by thurdday I am now not expecting a loss but really hope for a STS but don't know why I seemed to have gained weight. :break_diet: :cry::sigh:
any ideas
sorry for going on a bit :eek:

Hey hun - same boat. WI tonight and gained 1 lb despite hammering it this week and doing tonnes of working out. Depressing isn't it? xxx

maybe your scales are differant and your in for a pleasant surprise,also not having syns doesnt mean that you will lose any more or any quicker infact it could be the cause of a gain

Keep off the blooming scales :whoopass:

I was showing sts at my peek in and actually lost 2. It doesnt count til your official wi ;)

It could also be water retention. Inno my ody swells up in the heat and retans water. I had a 1lb gain last week and im positive it was for this reason.

Also, please don't take much notice of your 'cheat' weigh in on the incorrect scales. You may be in for a plesant surprise tomorrow.xxx

hey hun,

it may seem silly but this is my advise! every time i overly work hard to loose a certain amount, i always fail miserably, and everytime i just take each day as it comes and relax, i do fine. Sometimes wanting things too hard slows it down,. you expect to much and like now, your dissapointed, if i go to the gym to much i sts always, relaxing with it is the key.. dont push yourself. and i would suggest eating your syns, it may not show a loss the first week but your body will appriciate them and eventually i think it'd aid your weight loss if used wisely.

and secondly, stay away from ur own scales!!!! LOL

*hugs* x

:scale: Don't use your scales at home !!! Stick to the SW ones and don't weigh during the week. Leave it to WI days. Scales at home can be as much as 5lb out as mine are at home ( and they are good ones) and not weighing before WI is good to reduce stress and the obvious disappointment, which could be caused for no reason.:eek:

Phil x

Stick to the plan (have some Syns, they help) and drink plenty of water. IF you have gained at WI (and your own scales are just worrying you, so ignore them), ask your Consultant for advice. She (or he) will be able to help.

I echo the advice above, plus! If you cut back on your syns, (you are having all your HEA's and B's I hope!) you will not lose weight! Trust us! It doesn't work if you skip meals and cut down on your syns! I'm 12 weeks in, and I'm still losing well on 105 a week. If I cut back, or cheat then I don't lose. (spot those weeks!)

Please, please, please, please have your syns! It could be why you may gain this week, stick to plan, have the free food, 1/2 A's and 2 B's, and 5-15 syns (the higher the better).

IF you do gain this week it could be 101 reasons; star week, water retention from the heat (mkae sure you drink plenty), muscle mass increasing, any meds you could be on, like I say could be anything.

And I echo what the others have said, step away from the scales! Relax, stay focused and positive. And don't forget you have done fabulously so far!

All i can do is echo everything above! I worry every week i haven't lost coz it doesn't show on my scales then i get to weigh in and voila i have! Also have your syns they're there to have, the advice says have 5-15 per day not 0-15 so use them. It'll make your weight loss journey so much more interesting and mean you won't need to go crazy when you get to target. Deffo drink lots in this weather i always find when i drink more i lose better. Good luck for Thursday :)

Oh dont feel dissapointed, that only leads to your brain telling you that you need comforting and what do we all reach for when that happens ???

Its not whats on the scales that counts at the end of the day, they're only a guide. Its whats inside us that matters and the only thing that should matter is that you know that you've stuck to it faithfully and by hook or by crook those results will show in the end.

My house scales have been out of the bathroom for the past week and in my bedroom and although I'm a serial scale jumper, today, when I moved them back into the bathroom, I was 3lbs more than I was in the bedroom. I feel great, I know I'm eating healthy and I know I'm sticking to the plan so I have faith that it will all work itself out in the next few days, so dont despair, keep thinking of the positive and how well you've done and you'll reach that milestone in no time.

:)

Apart from the syns advice above (I dont have all my syns either and Im still loosing weight...my Consultant says I can have them if I want them, but they are not a requirement - they are there to stop you from cheating)...I would agree with the others about the scale jumping.
Stick to the main ones at class, otherwise if you stand on the ones at home and they give you a reading that you dont want, you are more likely to cheat, as "what difference will it make?"

Keep off the scales and only get weighed once a week at class hun. If you have had a gain it could be due to the hot weather and water retention. If you know you have stuck to plan religiously then the weight loss will show up. If you have a small gain this week, you will probably have a great one next week. The body is a funny old thing in this respect, but don't let it throw you and cheat because it's got you down. Be strong hun. Good luck xx

Back