Feeling dizzy

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by N1CK1, 17 February 2011 Social URL.

1. N1CK1

N1CK1 Full Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong place??

I am now into my 4th week and I am mainly following red days as I find it works best for me but for the last few days I am getting headaches and feeling very dizzy and lightheaded all the time. My husband says it is because I am not having enough carbs in my diet and checking out the internet it sounds like he might be right. I usually use my HEs as ryvita with my salad or snacks. I am eating plenty during the day and never feel really hungry. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
    :confused:

Last edited: 17 February 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fable

fable Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(34.03%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi n1CK1
    i follow the green days and never feel hungry either unless i skip a meal due to work etc. carbs bit sound right i only ever feel dizzy on a saturday as cant have proper dinner and tea as work 12-8. normally take jacket potatoe to work but such a busy shift never get to finish.

4. fable

fable Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(34.03%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    take sandwiches and fruit but don't feel as full

5. Tinsel81

Tinsel81 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It does say in my SW book that you should try to include a few green days in your week, which I assume means doing all red isn't recommended. I did Atkins a few years ago and constantly felt dizzy, I had to stop in the end when I fainted on a train. I imagine doing all red days might produce a similar effect.

6. giraffegirl

giraffegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you tried EE? I always used to follow just red or green and always felt something was missing on those days - I got the headaches, tummy aches etc - on EE I can have everything in moderation and as I have cut out bread totally i can still have my carb fix from rice, potatoes and pasta etc.
    remember no kind of eating plan should make you feel unwell.
    Hope things improve for you.
    x

7. N1CK1

N1CK1 Full Member

Thanks everyone. I am going to do EEasy or green for a few days and see if that will help. :)

8. azlan

azlan Full Member

Are you drinking enough? Carbs help our bodies to hold onto water so if you're having mainly red days, you could be slightly dehydrated which can cause dizziness. I followed the atkins diet for over a year in the past and you do need to drink plenty as the water is flushed out (great no water retention with *week tho!!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.