Feeling down about my weight loss

lilack

I know I shouldn't be......... but I'm feeling a bit disappointed with my losses so far. I've been doing SS for 2 weeks - no cheating at all & drinking lots of water.

First week I lost 6lbs and second week 4lbs. I know I should be really pleased with a 10lb loss (more than I would achieve on any other diet) but other people seem to have lost loads more than this in the first couple of weeks.

I've got more than 10st to lose as well so I'd thought starting off big I'd probably lose more.

I'm finding the whole not eating thing hard but I know it will be worth it in the end - I just thought I would have lost more weight by now.

Down be down. I have my week 2 weigh in tonight. Lost 8lbs last week and think it'll be 2 or 3lbs this week so we've lost a very similar amount overall :)
It does seem that some people have lost massive amounts but I keep reminding myself that what other diet can give you a 10/11lbs loss over 2 weeks!
You are doing brilliantly. Keep with it :)

Keep your chin up, I know sometimes thats easier said than done but if you give up you'll regret it, big time. I too look at what others have lost and think, how can they do that? If you spend time looking through posts from people who've lost masses of weight you'll see that sometimes they didn't lose as much as they'd hoped sometimes. Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare? You WILL get past the finishing post and feel fab, you've done brilliantly so far, keep it up and you too will have brilliant before and after photo's on here.

Awww babe stick with it!
I'm sure it must be frustrating but I'm sure you will see a big difference in your body before long. Some people lose quicker than others but at the end of the day you are now 10lb than you was 2 weeks ago, it's going in the right dirrection & you should be so proud of yourself for completing 2 weeks SS!
Stick with it Hun your next weigh in you will have lost a stone! XX

I know exactly how you feel, I thought that I would have lost about 10lbs in my first week and I only lost 6 but I keep on telling myself that I have a choice. I can either carry on with the diet and hope that it picks up and even if it doesn't - I am still loosing weight quicker than I would have been if I were on WW or SW. Also I have a choice to give up and keep on putting on weight and feeling awful about myself. I would rather choose the first one! I will let you know how much I have lost in my second week but it looks like it is going to be about 4lbs too!

Keep me posted on how you get on as seen as we both seem to be loosing slower than others on here - we can spur each other on and keep both of our motivation up!

Good Luck
R
XxX

Aww, chin up hun. I'm sure you've lost some inches and the pounds are sure to follow if you keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for all your replies. I knew if I posted how I was feeling you would make me feel better!

Don;t forget when you have more to lose (I also have 10 stone to lose - well i did, I have 8 to lose now) the big numbers are great, but we want our skin to stand a chance to shrink back too so losing massive amounts quickly isnt always for the best - I think 10lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! Dont lose sight of the bigger picture...at this rate you'll have lost your 10 stone by October or something..!! keep smiling, keep going and you'll be in a LBD by Christmas...you can do it! x

Back