Feeling Down and Out

SukiRegan

Hi everyone,

Having a bit of a down day so thought i would write a post rather than go and grab soemthing from the nearest canteen. Im overweight and im sick of it. I started WW last week and had a really good week. I went to spin 4 times and tracked everything I ate. When the scales yesterday morning showed 5lb 2oz loss I was really pleased but then I had a binge last night and feel crap today. I wasnt even hungry but I just ate. I know i got myself into this position yet it just seems that its so hard to lose the weight.

When i met my husband I was about 11 stone and if im honest thats the lightest Ive ever been. Fast forward 6 years and im huge. I weighed in at 15stone 2 the day I started ww and was shocked. I had a baby so I thought i could use that as an excuse but it wont wash anymore. It seems though that the resolve I had last week has just vanished and i dont know why. Ive booked a spin class tonight but I dont really want to go with the way im feeling.

My hubby is being really nice and supportive but its hard. Hes naturally skinny and can eat loads and not gain and then theres me who just looks at something and i gain. I was watching embarrassing fat bodies last night and a man had lots of excess skin removed after weight loss and I looked at my tummy and its already got a baggy overhang so i got even more upset. Maybe im just being emotional today but for some reason I cant shift the feeling that im going to fail and not meet my target in the time ive given myself. It doesnt help that everyone I know is slim and they dont have to go to the gym or anything.

I just hope im doing it right and that i get a loss. I dont want to be a fat mum or wife and I dont want to be the one who always feels bad about myself. I think this may be rock bottom and if so then the only way is up. I really have accepted that ive put myself in this position and I need to get myself out of it....just makes me depressed to think I did this to myself and that my husband has to put up with me being this way.

Anyone else feel this way at the beginning of their journey?

Hi I started w.w discover on friday and Im doim gud up til yet. Last nite was realy hard 4 me coz I luv a gud binge eat! I literaly sat on my hands til the cravings went,oh and I took myself off 2 bed 2 so I wasnt near the fridge!!! Like u my hubby is also slim and can eat wot he wants. Its so unfair spesh wen im sat there watching him eat 2 cream cakes dribblin! I used 2 get realy down 2 but I have 2 think positive and believe in myself. I will do this:). Im currently at 11.13 n just wana get in2 the tens that wil b the smallest ive eva been! I used 2 b t15 stone afta my first child and got down 2 11.4 just cuttin down my portions. I had my second child, shes nearly 3 now and I dnt have the wilpower 2 cut down thats y I started again on w.w coz it does work! Chin up u wil get there if I can do it anybody can. Dont 4get that slow and steady wins the race.xxx

Hi trinab,

I dont even know what the discover plan is. Is it a good plan? im doing pp from home. I may try and go to bed next time I feel a binge coming on. Its my dream goal to get into the 10/11 stones but it seems really far away. I think if I go to the gym later and just try get through today i will be okay maybe. I need to not quit and fall off the bandwagon completely. x

I hate pro points its so hard and I felt hungry all the tym. It just didnt work 4 me. Discover is the way they used 2 do w.w b4 they changed 2 propoints, its so much easier. U only have 2 calculate calories and sat fat 2 get yr points. It works coz I did it a while ago. I didnt realise that u cud stil do the old plan til I found this forum so I went on ebay and bought the books 4 6.50!! Because I love 2 binge eat im just consentratin on my food and portion sizes b4 I start getin into gyms and ful on exercisin at the min. Was cravin choc earlier and I had a crunchie which is only 3 and half on discover. Stil had my choc fix and dont feel guilty 1 bit.x

I completely understand where you are coming from especially with regards to your partner. My partner is also super skinny and sits and eats so many sweets and crisps at night and encourages me to do so too without realising it. He doesn't quite get how low I actually get with my weight as he doesn't see my weight as an issue but i also have a baby like you and I don't want him to grow up with a fat mummy. I haven't been a healthy weight in 10 years and i want this to be the year i do it. Everyday this last week i have started with good intentions then ends badly. Binging has happened most days and the weather hasn't helped up here!

Most important thing is you recognised the signs and posted instead. I also watched that show as if to punish myself and remind myself what will happen if i don't take control now. This site is great for finding support and posting at weak moments is good. Chances are there is always someone around to offer advice. If the gym fills you with dread then try something else. Try lots of different things until you find something that you enjoy and don't necessarily see as exercise. That is often the first step! As my baby is still just 14 weeks we enjoy going out for walks although there's been no walks for a couple of days due to the snow and i have missed it!! It's a step at a time, always remember that.

Oh and the other thing that is important is if you do have a slip and binge, pick yourself up the next day and move on. Don't dwell on it otherwise you will remain low. Guilt is a waste!

Good luck!

Hi, I understand where youre coming from. I did ww in 2011 and got 7lbs from goal (id lost 1st 7lb) and then I stopped going. I ended up putting it all back on ans another stone. Its soooooo depressing. Ive started back ww and go for first wi tomorrow. Again my boyfriend eats whatever and doesnt gain. He also doesnt crave like I do, or have urges to binge which makes me feel horrible when I do. Especially as I complain about weight. None the less he is supportive!!

Anyway I understand what ur going thru and this is whats great about about this forum.. were all herw to motivate/support eachother. My approach is to just take each week as it comes and remind myself constantly why its so important to me to stick at it. I also watxhed embarrassing fat bodies and that certainly put things in perspective.

Anyway, you're not alone!!

Hi guys. Hope everybodys feelin gud 2day. Had a mini binge last nite and I feel realy crap and fat this morn. I only went ova by 4 points but still..... Feel like a faliure coz I havent even dun a whole week yet. My wi isnt til friday morn! So I used 2 drink loads ov coffee thru out the day and since startin w.w ive had 2 cut down. My prob is the headaches, oh god there bad! They start bout tea tym n last until I give in at bed tym and get sum pills. Did anybody else have this prob at the start?? Its getin me down now it makes me so grumpy, maybe thats y I had a binge last nite it eased abit! Do u think it is the coffee thing or my body ajustin 2 not eatin all the rubish I used 2 eat? Guna have a word with myself this morn and pik myself bak up.xxx

Hi everyone thanks for the replies and support. I have some time so will try and reply to all.

Hi Trinab thanks for the rpely. I looked into the dicover plan and did soem researcha nd ti seems to be a variation of the pp. things just seem to have new pp values for pp. I am going to stick with pp as i purchased the deluxe starter pack on the ww website for £20 so ive invested now! Im also starting to get my head around the pp in things now so I think im on the right path. Im sorry you had a binge last night. I think its quite natural to have them from time to time. Paul my hubby made a suggestion last night and maybe you and yours should do the same. He suggested we have one dinner a week that was off plan so to speak. There has been a lot of talk at home about diets, ingredients, gym, me feeling crap etc etc and its caused a real dark mood where he felt he was wlaking on egg shells all the time so last night we ordered a dominoes pizza and dessert and I went off plan! I wasnt allowed to discuss it once or mention calories. I think it was great for us and so from now on one night a week we will do it! I think it even helped me as normally i would polish off a whole pizza but this time i just ate till i was full. This mornign I did have a look at the calories and yes I was shocked but you know what it saved my marriage in some regards so im not fussing. Instead Ive written off all my weeklies and all the ones I earn at the gym which i dont eat anyway.

As for the headaches maybe its just your body suffering soem withdrawl as you are probably eating a lot less e numbers and additives...may take a while to adjust. As for the coffee im drinking quite a lot but just with a splash of milk and all i point is the 250 of milk i use every day. On your plan does one coffee have to be pointed or is it just the milk?
xx

Hi sukiregan. That sounds like a gud plan with the 1 nite off. Wen do u usualy have yours? That pizza sounds sooo gud. I just cnt get my head around that if I do that then ive failed and I wont lose anything and all my hard work has been 4 nothing! U sound like u r doin realy wel on the pp, it works 4 sum. Half a pint ov semi skimmed milk is 2 points so thats wot I use all day so its nothing compared 2 wot I used to drink, plus I like milky coffee! Maybe I just just have a splash ov milk like u do. Im not a hot choc fan but if it stops me wantin 2 eat on a nite maybe il give it a whirl. Guna make spag bol from scratch 4 tea 2nite so hopefuly thats guna keep me fuller coz ive been relying on w.w frozen meals 4 tea so fingers crossed.x

Hi Nemesis82

Im like you when the little one was a baby enjoyed the wlaks but financial stuff meant I had to go back to work and now I cant do the walking. I do enjoy spin but the thing I hate about the gym is that it takes time out of my evenings with my daughter. Then the guilt sets in and I feel a terrible mother for having these body hang ups that mean I have to go and be away from her in a class sweating with other people. And as concerns skinny husbands...dont you just hate them?!!! lol! Im glad paul is slim and that my daughter looks to have taken after him but it does feel very unfair that some people can eat all they want and still look fab yet I cant.

As for you binging there is really nothing to be done as its already happened just tell yourself that tomorrow will be a fresh start and try again. Ive started allowing myself a sweet treat after dinner. So if its a choc mousse or a cake bar I point it and take my time enjoying it. I think if you cut out everything you like or love you feel worse so you should still have these things. My new way of looking at it is that its a lifestyle change and i cant live my life without the treats so im incorporating them in now in the right portion sizes so I can still be naughty as i call it. I hope i kind of make sense...chances are im ranting after a hard day at work. x

Hi cici...thanks for the encouraging words. You are right that programme is a good thing as at least I can say its not like me and I wont end up that way. How was your weigh in???? x

Hi Trinab,

I think we should all allow ourselves a night off. I dont know if you get any weeklies on your plan...but with mine I save all mine for that one treat and i really enjoy it. Last week it was a meal out and this week pizza. I dont have one specific day for it...i just have it the day my hubby and i feel we need a night off from everything. Last week it was friday and this week it was tuesday. I wouldnt do it night before weigh in though as I think it may affect results too much and upset me. I heard soemwhere that to lose a pound you have to eat an extra 3500 cals so im always thinking to gain I need to have that extra if Im to gain a pound too. The way i see it is that no takeaway or treat meal should be that high in cals and seeing as im already cutting down and excercising it should mean I still lose something. My goal every week is only 1lb off so I hope im not jepordising this. I think next week I should know for sure if one dominoes pizza ruined the whole thing! As for having only ww meals....try the home cooking. I know it takes longer but you can get your whole family eating healthy and feeling good. I think if you seperate your meals out you feel even worse. My hubby eats what I cook from scratch and never complains. I also make more than i need and freeze things such as cottage pie, marinated meats etc so they are there for a day when I may otherwise be tempted to binge if i get home late etc. I couldnt afford to eat ready meals every day but im kind of glad am my little one is now eating at the table and shes eating what we eat. Im very proud to say her eating habits so far are great. shes so healthy and loves her veg...Im hoping to instill these good habits in her so she wont be overweight when shes older. Maybe try eat at the table as well as a family and that means you are less likely to binge. xxx

Hi sukiregan. No I do discover so I get 22 points a day 2 ov which r 4 my milk. If I have points left I cn carry them ova 2 the next day or save them up 4 the wkend 4 a treat but I dnt have weeklies. I just dont realy no wot 2 cook 4 the whole family so maybe thats y I stil 2 the w.w meals. I have made spag bol 2nite tho from scratch and it was sooo nice. Every1 enjoyed it 2. it was only 7 points! My son is 9 and hates veg or salad he is a realy bad picky eater so meal tyms r a pain with him coz I always have 2 make him sumthin dif. I have a 2yr old girl n she loves her fruit and veg. She luvs just eatin cherry tomatoes. She wil eat anythin I give her and shes realy gud at sittin at the table 2. She hates cheese tho but hey she eats everything else so I dont mind. Dont have any points left 4 2day so fingers crossed I get thru the nite.x

Back