Feeling down :(

kirsty_baird_26

Gold Member
The last two weeks i have been 100% on plan and just lost 1/2 a pound each week :( i know i should be happy i am losing but im not! Its so slow for me! Iv only lost 10lbs in 9 weeks :(
Iv handed in logs to my WI consultant who said they are really good but still only half a pound last two weeks :(
Any idea what i am doing wrong?
Iv decided to start switching my days as i currently have been on extra easy so today im having my first green day and going to have some red's to see if this changes and helps speed it up but im not too sure on what to eat for these days?
Arghh just want to shift half a stone by x-mas :( then ill be happy :)

have you tried one of the other plans that they offer when you are stuck. it is quite a strict one, i think it is something to success.

Awww Kirsty, sorry to hear you're down.

You say you've 'only' lost 10lb in 9 weeks but that still averages over a pound a week, which is a great, steady loss.

You're doing the right thing by mixing it around. I'm doing the same this week, just to mix it up a bit. Have a look at my diary, if you need any inspriation (not sure how inspiring it is but I try!).

And the thing to remember is 'a dripping tap still fills a bucket', no matter how slow your losses, the key is that you're still losing and steadily making your way to target :)

xx

Are you drinking enough? My losses always slow down when I am not drinking enough. When I step it up and it falls off. I had two weeks also where I only lost 0.5 lb and I knew I hadn't drank enough (one was * week though). Don't be disheartened, at least it IS coming off.

Where in Scotland are you?

Iv just realised its 10 weeks so its averaging at a pound a week but i guess i should be glad to keep losing especially as i struggle to lose weight any other way its just hard!!
Thanks to both of you for your kind replys at least im not quitting and venting my frustration on here instead :) Ill keep going and one day reach target!!
Kirstabubble ill take a look at your diary and maybe ill post a diary too and see if that helps?

Are you drinking enough? My losses always slow down when I am not drinking enough. When I step it up and it falls off. I had two weeks also where I only lost 0.5 lb and I knew I hadn't drank enough (one was * week though). Don't be disheartened, at least it IS coming off.

Where in Scotland are you?

Actually i might not be drinking enough perhaps thats what it is!! How much is enough?
Im from East Kilbride just outside Glasgow :)

Hello Kirsty - Sorry to hear you're feeling down about things but 10lb in 9 weeks is still something to be very proud of.

I know exactly how you feel. My loss has been slow and some weeks it is difficult to stay motivated when you don't see as much return for your effort as you think you should.

You just need to think about the whole picture and the benefits that you're already seeing. Think about NSV (non scale victories) - have people started commenting that you're looking slimmer? Do you have clothes you can fit into now that you couldn't before? I know I saw benefits in my skin pretty quickly and hardly ever get spots now my diet is better. I also have more energy.

It's easy to get hung up about the scales as it's measurable but really those numbers are a small part of the good you're doing for yourself as a whole.

Well, this is what I tell myself when I'm feeling sorry for myself anyawy!!

Best of luck in your journey, you WILL get there :)

Actually i might not be drinking enough perhaps thats what it is!! How much is enough?
Im from East Kilbride just outside Glasgow :)

I normally drink between 2-3 litres a day, I have some of those 500ml water bottles and fill them up with water and just sip it through the day (Or buy flavoured water). So 4-6 of those small bottles a day.

My SIL lives in Glasgow, we're over there quite often.

Thanks for the comments i will continue to try hard this week drink extra water, no more fizzy diet juice unless its weekend and im out so having diet coke in my vodka!
I know i will get there as i am determined to and this time to keep to it :) I do feel better about myself knowing i am losing and its giving me extra confidence, my friend commented i looked amazing last week, even my parents are commenting that im losing so it is working :)
Thanks for the kind messages!xx

My C said that fizzy drinks can do it, even if they are diet/low cal (ie free drinks), and that they don't count as water intake. So maybe that will help :)

Back